PDA

View Full Version : Expect more Cover 2 played against us...

jamze132
11-08-2010, 09:12 AM
With Stevie's pretty nice performance and the constant deep threat from Evans, expect defenses to play a lot of Cover 2 the rest of the season. That should allow for more opportunities underneath from the backs and TEs but sadly I have been totally unimpressed with Fred Jackson so far. He looks ridiculously slow this year. I think its time for Gailey to throw Spiller to the wolves and get him out there 75% of the time, besides, its the only way he's going to learn.

OpIv37
11-08-2010, 09:14 AM
Spiller hasn't looked much better than Jackson so far. The real problem is that the OL can't run block for ****.

Mahdi
11-08-2010, 09:16 AM
With Stevie's pretty nice performance and the constant deep threat from Evans, expect defenses to play a lot of Cover 2 the rest of the season. That should allow for more opportunities underneath from the backs and TEs but sadly I have been totally unimpressed with Fred Jackson so far. He looks ridiculously slow this year. I think its time for Gailey to throw Spiller to the wolves and get him out there 75% of the time, besides, its the only way he's going to learn.
When team's play heavy cover 2 against us expect Stevie to have a big game making plays in the empty zones behind the Cbs and LBs.

When they play man expect Lee to have a big game using his speed.

Against the Bears the Bills exploited the intermediate zones (Deep Cross, deep slant, post patters etc.

trapezeus
11-08-2010, 09:25 AM
roscoe's short patterns also would be open if we get cover 2'd.

run blocking is the issue. fred has always been this guy moving in slow motion, but it is patience and getting to places. if you want some plays, there are linemen who aren't blocking anyone, turning around to look and see where they can help.

there isn't much a fast running back or patient running back can do that that point.