PDA

View Full Version : is 0-8 an improvemnt over 3-5?

bf1
11-08-2010, 11:51 AM
If so, please explain.

My opinion, nix has done more harm than good so far.

mrbojanglezs
11-08-2010, 02:26 PM
he is dismantling the roster dog, i know we haven't made the playoffs in 10 years, but man some people HAVE NO PATIENCE

RockStar36
11-08-2010, 02:31 PM
Yes. Worse record = higher picks = truly rebuilding the team. If they were 3-5 it would be pointless and they'd be stuck with a 10-15 selection, I want the high pick. I have found this year to be a lot more enjoyable than last and I honestly mean that.

mikemac2001
11-08-2010, 02:32 PM
If so, please explain.

My opinion, nix has done more harm than good so far.

coming from a guy named nix nix

and yes we are better off this way.

G Wolly
11-08-2010, 02:49 PM
Here we go again.

T-Long
11-08-2010, 02:50 PM
Talk about beating a dead horse

Raptor
11-08-2010, 03:00 PM
I wasnt expecting an improvement over last year. Its been/was pretty clear all offseason this was going to be a rebuilding year and we were going to suck. I really dont see how anyone could have thought different

Jeff1220
11-08-2010, 03:18 PM
The schedule this year is waaaaaay tougher than it was last year.
The team is rebuilding.
Despite the talent, the team seems to be playing with some heart and is actually fun to watch (well, the offense is anyway).
Defense needs some work, to put it mildly.

I'd rather look like a promising team that appears to be getting better at 0-8 than a hopeless feeling team who quit at 3-5.

mchurchfie
11-08-2010, 03:45 PM
This 0-8 team has more of an identity and has left me with more hope than any of the teams over the last three years. You can see the process starting to take place, they are improving each week. Galley really does know what he is doing on offense and it shows.

ParanoidAndroid
11-08-2010, 03:58 PM
I'll take a 2 win season if it means we don't have 15 years of 7-9 seasons ahead of us.

Buffalo Thriller
11-08-2010, 04:22 PM
Patience my friends. Come April, our needs will be fit. I can only hope.

more cowbell
11-08-2010, 05:04 PM
Nope.

Extremebillsfan247
11-08-2010, 05:21 PM
If so, please explain.

My opinion, nix has done more harm than good so far. If Nix goes, Gailey goes, then what? whats your answer?

bf1
11-08-2010, 06:07 PM
For the record, i dont dislike chan. nix on the otherhand did nothing in the offseason to improve the team. He shold have had a head start. He was with the bills almost a full year before taking over as gm. The team is worse talent wise. If at the beginning of the season you were asked if 0-8 was acceptable, no one would say yes. Everyone is happy that the team isn't as bad as the first few games. They are still putrid nonetheless. Don't be fooled.

McBFLO
11-08-2010, 06:19 PM
dude, you forgot the *******.... where's taylor? Or Dr. Zaius?

Joe Fo Sho
11-08-2010, 06:33 PM
Are you gonna start one of these threads everyday? Can't we just merge all of these?

bf1
11-08-2010, 09:20 PM
dude, you forgot the *******.... where's taylor? Or Dr. Zaius?

they and i are not one.

Crisis
11-08-2010, 09:26 PM
he is dismantling the roster dog, i know we haven't made the playoffs in 10 years, but man some people HAVE NO PATIENCE

dismantling the roster like getting rid of bums like kelsay

oh wait..

Oaf
11-08-2010, 10:39 PM
Ya'll want Luck and wins at the same time. :;:

justasportsfan
11-09-2010, 10:35 AM
This 0-8 team has more of an identity and has left me with more hope than any of the teams over the last three years. You can see the process starting to take place, they are improving each week. Galley really does know what he is doing on offense and it shows.

people like to say that Dick was better this early in Gaileys coaching tenure . Wait and see if the team improves next year and the year after .

Dick didn't have to rebuild this team as much as Gailey had to. Dick made the team he inherited worse the longer he stayed as HC. Gailey is trying to fix the mess Dick left us with.

RockStar36
11-09-2010, 10:45 AM

This pretty much sums up my feelings word for word.

I honestly enjoy watching them right now, even while losing, when last year it was the equivalent of a dentist appt. every Sunday.

Bufftp
11-09-2010, 10:46 AM
people like to say that Dick was better this early in Gaileys coaching tenure . Wait and see if the team improves next year and the year after .

Dick didn't have to rebuild this team as much as Gailey had to. Dick made the team he inherited worse the longer he stayed as HC. Gailey is trying to fix the mess Dick left us with.
bingo

G Wolly
11-10-2010, 12:24 PM
I'd take this 0 - 8 team over the 7-9 Jauron team any day.

At least this season we've lost while putting up a fight. Our last 3 games were decided by 3 points.

Yea, a loss is a loss, but the way you lose is a whole other story and I like what I'm seeing.

billz83
11-11-2010, 11:59 AM
i think this 0-8 team is just as bad as the 7-9 team u know y?!?! cuz EITHER WAY ur not making the playoffs!! nix has done Absolutely NOTHING in terms of bringin in talent..i do like how they at least TRIED the merriman thing ill give him credit for that even though merriman acted like he injured hahaha..given kelsay an extension was the nail in the coffin for me! incompetence at itz finest i bet nix feels right at home with the rest of the incompetent ***holez in the FO!

Mr. Pink
11-11-2010, 12:01 PM
I'd take this 0 - 8 team over the 7-9 Jauron team any day.

At least this season we've lost while putting up a fight. Our last 3 games were decided by 3 points.

Yea, a loss is a loss, but the way you lose is a whole other story and I like what I'm seeing.

You do realize how much this post doesn't make sense right?

At least under Jauron we actually *gasp* won football games not just came close and gave it the good old college try!

better days
11-11-2010, 01:25 PM
they and i are not one.

I think you mean he & I are not one.

bf1
11-11-2010, 01:29 PM
whatever.

G Wolly
11-11-2010, 02:13 PM
You do realize how much this post doesn't make sense right?

At least under Jauron we actually *gasp* won football games not just came close and gave it the good old college try!

And we always won enough games to be just below average for 4 years. So that's something to be proud of too.

Because when we had Dicky in here, we had a good defense with an offense that couldn't put up points. Now we have a capable offense, with a shoddy defense.

Perhaps you forgot about the 3-0 loss to Cleveland?

The only difference between these 3 point losses and that 3 point loss is that these last few games were against teams who are fairly well established. The cleveland game was just them being the lesser of two **** teams.

And although I don't wanna agree with him, billz83 said something relatively useful by saying

cuz EITHER WAY ur not making the playoffs!!

This 0-8 team has more fight in it than Jauron's 7-9 team.

trapezeus
11-11-2010, 10:14 PM
at 3-5 did you feel like the team was in a position to win future games? did you feel like they were close? I didn't. i feel like at 0-8, they've gotten better and they've been competitive.

i've seen the team come out in second halves and be more competitive. that wasn't something i saw out of any of the 7-9 teams in 4 years of jauron. They just held on to victories. they never made adjustments.

i think the team is terribly undertalented on the defensive side of the ball. i think the O-line is weak, but they seem to pass block better since fitz is a better decision maker.

so that being said, i don't see how any GM could make the changes in one year. and i think the bills went conservative with the CBA and said, "strip it down and see what we've got."

there was no point from a business sense to bring in a ton of talent this year and try and overpay for soemone to be on a weak team.

G Wolly
11-11-2010, 11:28 PM
at 3-5 did you feel like the team was in a position to win future games?

3-5 is halfway to 7-9 anyways.

trapezeus
11-12-2010, 10:33 AM
what bad teams have the bills played this year? Miami? Jacksonville. That's it. Jauron only beat sub 500 teams. i'm guessing he'd be around 0-8 as well right now. and each week, it'd be the same damn thing. The last 4 games would have looked exactly like the first 4 games and he'd not change anything and tell you its getting better.

this year, they are pulling underperforming players, they are canning bad talent, they are upgrading when possible. Positions like WR that seemed totally dead are pretty alive. the draft is actually narrowing down to a few key positions.

bf1
11-12-2010, 12:35 PM
chiefs and bears. they have good records but it's fluff.

RockStar36
11-12-2010, 12:41 PM
The only time Jauron had any success was that lofty 4-0 start against junk teams. That's it. This team would be 0-8 with Jauron, only 10x worse. Like how they looked in the GB game.

bf1
11-12-2010, 12:42 PM
The only time Jauron had any success was that lofty 4-0 start against junk teams. That's it. This team would be 0-8 with Jauron, only 10x worse. Like how they looked in the GB game.

Whose fault is it that the team is worse now than it was last year?

Nix, perhaps?

RockStar36
11-12-2010, 12:44 PM
Whose fault is it that the team is worse now than it was last year?

Nix, perhaps?

They aren't worse this year. I said they would be if Jauron was manning the ship still. Gailey has these guys playing and the offense looks semi-decent from time to time.

bf1
11-12-2010, 12:46 PM
They aren't worse this year. I said they would be if Jauron was manning the ship still. Gailey has these guys playing and the offense looks semi-decent from time to time.

Why would they be worse? It's essentially the same team as last year, no?

RockStar36
11-12-2010, 12:47 PM
Why would they be worse? It's essentially the same team as last year, no?

Jauron would still be starting Edwards and Stevie Johnson would be buried on the bench. And what about Roscoe? For years he couldn't even get in the game. What changed from last year to this year? Jauron had a lot of talent on his team and refused to use it.

bf1
11-12-2010, 12:49 PM
Jauron would still be starting Edwards and Stevie Johnson would be buried on the bench. And what about Roscoe? For years he couldn't even get in the game. What changed from last year to this year? Jauron had a lot of talent on his team and refused to use it.

Yet they still went 7-9 somehow. Please explain how he won 7 games if he is worse than what we have now, which is a winless team.

Let me be clear. I'm not defending Jauron nor intent to bash Chan.

You know how I feel about Nix.

bf1
11-12-2010, 12:50 PM
It defies logic in every way, shape, and form.

Beebe's Kid
11-12-2010, 12:56 PM
chiefs and bears. they have good records but it's fluff.

You are fluff.

You don't think they should be good, so they are not???

Maybe 0-8 is fluff, I would say we are better than 0-8. I think the Ravens, Chiefs, Bears would say so too.

Your hard on for Nix is disturbing to the point that counseling may be necessary.

Please tell us what is logical, please. Expecting a rebuild to be done in one off season? Defending the ****ing mess that Jauron left? Pining for 7-9? Please, wise one, let us know about logic.

It will be awesome when Blue Ribbon Rentals repossesses your mom's laptop.

trapezeus
11-12-2010, 12:59 PM
there is no pleasing you nixnix. we already stated quite clearly why the team is better right now in terms of getting back to respectability.

anyone who wanted this team turned around in a year was banking on a miracle. the offense is still problematic, but it's putting up 20 pts a game in the last 4 games (on average). The defense is a new scheme with the wrong players. if you buy that the scheme change will help, then you have to afford them the time to get the right players for the gig.

if they are still passing on free agent talent in year 3, then yes, let's flame away at nix. but i think the bills need the core built through the draft, and then supplement with key players through free agency.

bf1
11-12-2010, 01:01 PM
Beebe, the Bills are 0-8. Zero wins.

Mr. Pink
11-12-2010, 01:04 PM
if they are still passing on free agent talent in year 3, then yes, let's flame away at nix. but i think the bills need the core built through the draft, and then supplement with key players through free agency.

What core talent did they draft this year? Honestly?

Troup hasn't shown much. Spiller looks as good of a pick as Ted Ginn Jr. Carrington doesn't dress. Easley was IR'd too soon.

Basically it looks like more of the same as previous years.

bf1
11-12-2010, 01:05 PM
I have a proposition for anyone defending the current regime.

Send me $10. In return you get nothing.

In a few months I'll send you $5.

Then you will admire me giving you a $5 gift.

That's EXACTLY what's happened. The team hit rock bottom. You were sad. The team crawled back to a point where they are still worse than last year, but better than the first few games this year. Now you are optimistic.

It's downright crazy.

bf1
11-12-2010, 01:13 PM
Don't be mad at me for bringing to light your worst fears and your true expectations. Which is yet another failed regime. You know it, but are trying hard to convince yourself otherwise. The result is resentment towards me and others who see the same patern.

RockStar36
11-12-2010, 01:32 PM
Yet they still went 7-9 somehow. Please explain how he won 7 games if he is worse than what we have now, which is a winless team.

Let me be clear. I'm not defending Jauron nor intent to bash Chan.

You know how I feel about Nix.

Without looking up the other years, he had a nice schedule against the NFC and AFC West the one season. That helped.

Just from watching games, I feel this team is better. And it's even better for the franchise that they are bottoming out. 7-9 does nothing for me anymore. If they are gonna miss the playoffs, do this the right way and get the franchise QB.

RockStar36
11-12-2010, 01:33 PM
Don't be mad at me for bringing to light your worst fears and your true expectations. Which is yet another failed regime. You know it, but are trying hard to convince yourself otherwise. The result is resentment towards me and others who see the same patern.

Let's have this discussion on November 12, 2011. (Assuming there isn't a lockout)

That's the only way I can say whether or not this regime is a failure.

Mr. Pink
11-12-2010, 01:39 PM
Without looking up the other years, he had a nice schedule against the NFC and AFC West the one season. That helped.

Just from watching games, I feel this team is better. And it's even better for the franchise that they are bottoming out. 7-9 does nothing for me anymore. If they are gonna miss the playoffs, do this the right way and get the franchise QB.

You can be 7-9 and get a franchise QB.

As long as you have a scouting department worth a crap.

You don't need the first overall pick in the draft to do it.

In 09, we could have taken Josh Freeman instead of Maybin.

In 08, we could have taken Joe Flacco instead of McKelvin.

In 07, we could have taken Kevin Kolb instead of Pos.

In 06, we could have taken Cutler instead of Whitner.

etc, etc, etc...

bf1
11-12-2010, 01:40 PM
Let's have this discussion on November 12, 2011. (Assuming there isn't a lockout)

That's the only way I can say whether or not this regime is a failure.
Deal

trapezeus
11-12-2010, 02:03 PM
or you can send me $10, i'll have it go down to $2 in value, hire a new money manager, have it return to $3 but show you a little clarity as to where our trading strategy is going and why the $3 is going to be $10 shortly. It requires patience.

and as fans, we don't have any input. nix hasn't be an outright failure.

yes, spiller is not on the field much. i think there is a reason to this. i think the bills at least are acknowledging what kind of team they are. they aren't 1 or 2 players away. so whatever learning needs to be done during practice and not rushed onto the field, is being done.

Troupe i think is a work in progress. he isn't any prodigy, thats for sure. but he's no maybin.

speaking of which, they had the guts to pull his useless ass off the field.

I just don't know how anyone had expectations of this being a good year. I think the bills now have a pretty clear idea that the draft has to be very defense heavy. there are no lbs on this team. There are no nosetackles/de on this team.

RockStar36
11-12-2010, 02:24 PM
You can be 7-9 and get a franchise QB.

As long as you have a scouting department worth a crap.

You don't need the first overall pick in the draft to do it.

In 09, we could have taken Josh Freeman instead of Maybin.

In 08, we could have taken Joe Flacco instead of McKelvin.

In 07, we could have taken Kevin Kolb instead of Pos.

In 06, we could have taken Cutler instead of Whitner.

etc, etc, etc...

THOSE are franchise QBs?

I would only take Freeman out of the bunch. I'd rather take my chances with Luck (if he comes out).

Mr. Pink
11-12-2010, 02:31 PM
THOSE are franchise QBs?

I would only take Freeman out of the bunch. I'd rather take my chances with Luck (if he comes out).

Flacco certainly is a franchise QB.

The other 2 guys are better than what we have now and better than what we had at the time we passed on them. Is Cutler great? No. But if he was here, there would be no clamoring for a "franchise QB." Kolb just needs to be able to play to show if he can play at a high level consistently, he's looked good in the limited playing time he's had.

Andrew Luck could turn into Tim Couch, you never know.

Just because you pick a guy number 1 overall doesn't guarantee he's gonna be the man.

RockStar36
11-12-2010, 02:43 PM
Flacco certainly is a franchise QB.

The other 2 guys are better than what we have now and better than what we had at the time we passed on them. Is Cutler great? No. But if he was here, there would be no clamoring for a "franchise QB." Kolb just needs to be able to play to show if he can play at a high level consistently, he's looked good in the limited playing time he's had.

Andrew Luck could turn into Tim Couch, you never know.

Just because you pick a guy number 1 overall doesn't guarantee he's gonna be the man.

Not saying he will, but I'm ready to take the chance. I realize it's a gamble.

As for Flacco, I don't know. I'm not totally sold on him. There are moments where I start to wonder if he's just a decent QB with a very good team around him.

Cutler I think is Jeff George 2.0.

Kolb? Maybe. We'll see in a few years.

Mr. Pink
11-12-2010, 02:50 PM
Not saying he will, but I'm ready to take the chance. I realize it's a gamble.

As for Flacco, I don't know. I'm not totally sold on him. There are moments where I start to wonder if he's just a decent QB with a very good team around him.

Cutler I think is Jeff George 2.0.

Kolb? Maybe. We'll see in a few years.

Besides, for all we know, Jake Locker might end up having a huge combine and completely blow our scouts and every other team in the leagues scouts away. Lot of teams seem to love combine monsters and we end up taking him instead because his measurables are better.

My original point was you can be 7-9 and get your franchise QB as long as you have a scouting department that knows what it's doing. Hell Green Bay got their franchise QB while already having a franchise QB on the roster.

If your scouting department is a bunch of idiots, which ours clearly has been in recent history, you end up passing on studs and picking a lot of duds.

bf1
11-12-2010, 02:52 PM
or you can send me $10, i'll have it go down to $2 in value, hire a new money manager, have it return to $3 but show you a little clarity as to where our trading strategy is going and why the $3 is going to be $10 shortly. It requires patience.

and as fans, we don't have any input. nix hasn't be an outright failure.

yes, spiller is not on the field much. i think there is a reason to this. i think the bills at least are acknowledging what kind of team they are. they aren't 1 or 2 players away. so whatever learning needs to be done during practice and not rushed onto the field, is being done.

Troupe i think is a work in progress. he isn't any prodigy, thats for sure. but he's no maybin.

speaking of which, they had the guts to pull his useless ass off the field.

I just don't know how anyone had expectations of this being a good year. I think the bills now have a pretty clear idea that the draft has to be very defense heavy. there are no lbs on this team. There are no nosetackles/de on this team.

What you are saying is that you have confidence nix will turn things around. Ok. We disagree, but only time will tell, like rockstar says.

Do we agree, thatright NOW, the team is worse than last year? Givethe 0-8 record, I can't see how anyone in their right mind would think the team is improved. That is the point of this thread and what bothers me.

trapezeus
11-12-2010, 03:00 PM
record wise, they are worse, yes.

finally figuring out what is broken and what needs immediate help, no, they are getting better.

i'm almost positive, if jauron survived the year, very little would have changed, and they would have blown draft picks on things that don't matter to assuage the fans, but not make the team as a whole bette.r

i think they are now following a plan that will make this a better unit going foward.

bf1
11-12-2010, 03:31 PM
The team on the field is playing worse than last year. Period.

bf1
11-12-2010, 03:35 PM
As far as figuring out what is broken...

C'mon they get paid for this. If they didn't know from day 1, we're in worse trouble

G Wolly
11-12-2010, 05:24 PM
The team on the field is playing worse than last year. Period.

Based on what, exactly? The record?

This team is more competitive than last year's team. That is a fact.

bf1
11-12-2010, 05:39 PM
They had close games last year too. AND WON 6!

YardRat
11-12-2010, 06:47 PM
A decent defense coupled with a ****ty offense will get you 6-10, 7-9 seasons.
A decent offense that still makes too many mistakes and ****ty defense will get you 0-8.

IMO the biggest difference between this year and the previous regime is this group actually appears to be trying to put the best players they have on the field and putting them into positions to make plays. Some guys are responding (Johnson, Fitz, Roscoe) and some aren't. This first season is a feeling out period for who's going to fit, and who isn't. As time moves forward the roster will shape up.

I wasn't exactly thrilled with the Spiller pick, but he's still a rookie. Considering the state of FA this off-season, and how the rest of the draft played out, I'm pretty comfortable with how things are handled as far as acquisitions are concerned.

If they were to make one move in the coaching staff/front office this off-season, I would hope they could recognize the difference that an experienced coordinator can make (OC Gailey) vs a newbie cutting his teeth at the NFL level (DC Edwards) and make the proper moves necessary to get a guy that has proven he can lead a professional defense.

G Wolly
11-12-2010, 09:03 PM
They had close games last year too. AND WON 6!

And 4/16 games were decided by 3 or less.

Against the 3-13 Bucs, 9-7 Jets, 8-8 Panthers, 7-9 Dolphins, 4-12 Chiefs, and the second string Colts.

That's something to be proud of huh?

While we lost in competitive fashion to the currently 6-3 Ravens, 5-3 Chiefs, and 5-3 Bears.

Sounds like a step in the right direction to me.

bf1
11-12-2010, 10:30 PM
Wow. I have nothing left to say.

G Wolly
11-12-2010, 11:02 PM
Wow. I have nothing left to say.

:bf1:

bf1
12-26-2010, 02:56 PM
Bump. Better record last year.