Enough...PLEASE!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

Enough...PLEASE!!!

Please stop with the "Fitz is a franchise QB" garbage. I've said this time and time again, his success is more Gailey then him. Look at the numbers that Tyler Thigpen put up in 2008 when the Chiefs were forced to go with him. They look pretty similar to a certain Buffalo QB...don't they??? Come on people...step away from the kool-aid and see it for what it is. Fitz is a good backup that is not a starter who can or will win games/Super Bowls in this league.

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Re: Enough...PLEASE!!!

Well I agree Luck is the pick if he is there. I just am worried he wont be....

Comment

• Mahdi
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Nighthawk
      Please stop with the "Fitz is a franchise QB" garbage. I've said this time and time again, his success is more Gailey then him. Look at the numbers that Tyler Thigpen put up in 2008 when the Chiefs were forced to go with him. They look pretty similar to a certain Buffalo QB...don't they??? Come on people...step away from the kool-aid and see it for what it is. Fitz is a good backup that is not a starter who can or will win games/Super Bowls in this league.

http://www.nfl.com/players/tylerthig...77&season=2008
      K you keep studying your numbers. I'll watch the actual football taking place and evaluate players that way.

If Fitz continues to play like this then he is capable of starting for this team for the next few years and winning games.

Call it what you want and define it the way you want.

Comment

• Nighthawk
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mahdi
        K you keep studying your numbers. I'll watch the actual football taking place and evaluate players that way.

If Fitz continues to play like this then he is capable of starting for this team for the next few years and winning games.

Call it what you want and define it the way you want.
        I watched Thigpen a lot when I had the ticket, him and Fitz look identical in this offense. You're not using your head, you're hoping in your heart that Fitz is the diamond in the rough. In reality, he probably is not.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
          Zero for Zero!
          • Mar 2003

I don't see how people thinking Fitz might become a franchise QB is any different than those that think Merriman will come back after two Kelsay like years and be worthy of a franchise tag.
          Originally posted by mysticsoto
          Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter
            I don't see how people thinking Fitz might become a franchise QB is any different than those that think Merriman will come back after two Kelsay like years and be worthy of a franchise tag.
            Now you're going to be asked who said that, because nobody will claim it or act like they know what implying it means when its pointed out.

Wait for it....
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Mr. Pink
              Peterman Sucks!
              • Mar 2006

I think we should just franchise tag Fitz now.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                • Jul 2002

Totally different...Merriman has proven that he can play at a Pro-Bowl level and help his team win games. Fitz has never done it, but he has been 0-7 twice in his career...I think that speaks volumes.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Totally different...Merriman has proven that he can play at a Pro-Bowl level and help his team win games. Fitz has never done it, but he has been 0-7 twice in his career...I think that speaks volumes.
                  You forgot the part that Merriman has proven it when he cheats and is on roids.
                  COMING SOON...
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Mahdi
                    • Mar 2004

And both can actually happen.

Merriman is not 32. He is 26. If he is healthy and produces at a high level for 8 games then why not tag him?

Pass rushers are hard to find as we know as Bills fans so you don't just let one walk without compensation.

As for Fitz, he has another 8 games to prove his worth, and if he does well then I can see the Bills extending him for a few years. Whether you call that a franchise QB or not is irrelevant. He can end up the QB for this team for years to come.

Comment

• Mahdi
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                      You forgot the part that Merriman had 21 sacks AFTER serving his suspension.

8.5 sacks in the 5 games after being suspended. 12.5 the NEXT YEAR.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mahdi
                        And both can actually happen.

Merriman is not 32. He is 26. If he is healthy and produces at a high level for 8 games then why not tag him?

Pass rushers are hard to find as we know as Bills fans so you don't just let one walk without compensation.

As for Fitz, he has another 8 games to prove his worth, and if he does well then I can see the Bills extending him for a few years. Whether you call that a franchise QB or not is irrelevant. He can end up the QB for this team for years to come.
                        And the losing would continue...

Comment

• Nighthawk
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                          He produced after his suspension. Yes, he's been hurt lately and maybe he won't be able to stay healthy, but I'd like to see if he can do it. I have no expectations...if he plays well, good for us. If he doesn't, nothing lost.

Comment

• Dr. Taylor Zaius
                            Senior Zoner
                            • Sep 2010

http://www.nfl.com/players/tylerthig...77&season=2008
                            Great post ************************************

Comment

• Mahdi
                              • Mar 2004

And the losing would continue...
                              Yeah it will continue if we can't run the ball or rush the passer.

Comment

Working...
                              X