PDA

View Full Version : Enough...PLEASE!!!

Nighthawk
11-08-2010, 12:25 PM
Please stop with the "Fitz is a franchise QB" garbage. I've said this time and time again, his success is more Gailey then him. Look at the numbers that Tyler Thigpen put up in 2008 when the Chiefs were forced to go with him. They look pretty similar to a certain Buffalo QB...don't they??? Come on people...step away from the kool-aid and see it for what it is. Fitz is a good backup that is not a starter who can or will win games/Super Bowls in this league.

http://www.nfl.com/players/tylerthigpen/gamelogs?id=THI677677&season=2008

THATHURMANATOR
11-08-2010, 12:28 PM
Well I agree Luck is the pick if he is there. I just am worried he wont be....

Mahdi
11-08-2010, 12:30 PM
Please stop with the "Fitz is a franchise QB" garbage. I've said this time and time again, his success is more Gailey then him. Look at the numbers that Tyler Thigpen put up in 2008 when the Chiefs were forced to go with him. They look pretty similar to a certain Buffalo QB...don't they??? Come on people...step away from the kool-aid and see it for what it is. Fitz is a good backup that is not a starter who can or will win games/Super Bowls in this league.

K you keep studying your numbers. I'll watch the actual football taking place and evaluate players that way.

If Fitz continues to play like this then he is capable of starting for this team for the next few years and winning games.

Call it what you want and define it the way you want.

Nighthawk
11-08-2010, 12:32 PM
K you keep studying your numbers. I'll watch the actual football taking place and evaluate players that way.

If Fitz continues to play like this then he is capable of starting for this team for the next few years and winning games.

I watched Thigpen a lot when I had the ticket, him and Fitz look identical in this offense. You're not using your head, you're hoping in your heart that Fitz is the diamond in the rough. In reality, he probably is not.

Dr. Lecter
11-08-2010, 12:34 PM
I don't see how people thinking Fitz might become a franchise QB is any different than those that think Merriman will come back after two Kelsay like years and be worthy of a franchise tag.

DraftBoy
11-08-2010, 12:38 PM
I don't see how people thinking Fitz might become a franchise QB is any different than those that think Merriman will come back after two Kelsay like years and be worthy of a franchise tag.

Now you're going to be asked who said that, because nobody will claim it or act like they know what implying it means when its pointed out.

Wait for it....

Mr. Pink
11-08-2010, 12:38 PM
I think we should just franchise tag Fitz now.

Nighthawk
11-08-2010, 12:39 PM

Totally different...Merriman has proven that he can play at a Pro-Bowl level and help his team win games. Fitz has never done it, but he has been 0-7 twice in his career...I think that speaks volumes.

DraftBoy
11-08-2010, 12:40 PM
Totally different...Merriman has proven that he can play at a Pro-Bowl level and help his team win games. Fitz has never done it, but he has been 0-7 twice in his career...I think that speaks volumes.

You forgot the part that Merriman has proven it when he cheats and is on roids.

Mahdi
11-08-2010, 12:40 PM
And both can actually happen.

Merriman is not 32. He is 26. If he is healthy and produces at a high level for 8 games then why not tag him?

Pass rushers are hard to find as we know as Bills fans so you don't just let one walk without compensation.

As for Fitz, he has another 8 games to prove his worth, and if he does well then I can see the Bills extending him for a few years. Whether you call that a franchise QB or not is irrelevant. He can end up the QB for this team for years to come.

Mahdi
11-08-2010, 12:41 PM
You forgot the part that Merriman had 21 sacks AFTER serving his suspension.

8.5 sacks in the 5 games after being suspended. 12.5 the NEXT YEAR.

Nighthawk
11-08-2010, 12:41 PM

Merriman is not 32. He is 26. If he is healthy and produces at a high level for 8 games then why not tag him?

Pass rushers are hard to find as we know as Bills fans so you don't just let one walk without compensation.

As for Fitz, he has another 8 games to prove his worth, and if he does well then I can see the Bills extending him for a few years. Whether you call that a franchise QB or not is irrelevant. He can end up the QB for this team for years to come.

And the losing would continue...

Nighthawk
11-08-2010, 12:43 PM

He produced after his suspension. Yes, he's been hurt lately and maybe he won't be able to stay healthy, but I'd like to see if he can do it. I have no expectations...if he plays well, good for us. If he doesn't, nothing lost.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
11-08-2010, 12:44 PM

Great post ************************************:whoosh:

Mahdi
11-08-2010, 12:44 PM
And the losing would continue...
Yeah it will continue if we can't run the ball or rush the passer.

Mr. Pink
11-08-2010, 12:45 PM
If Fitz continues to play at a high-ish level, standards for QBs around here are pretty low after the crap we've seen lately, I have no problem keeping him around for a couple seasons to help tutor and basically be the "next ones" caddy.

Start Fitz for the first 5-6 games next year or so, then let the Rookie come in, in a favorable game situation to instill confidence.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
11-08-2010, 12:45 PM

Are you crazy????:down:

Dr. Taylor Zaius
11-08-2010, 12:46 PM
I think we should just franchise tag Fitz now.
LOL!!!!!:zonelunch

Nighthawk
11-08-2010, 12:46 PM
Yeah it will continue if we can't run the ball or rush the passer.

Ughh...you're thick...we need to agree to disagree.

ddaryl
11-08-2010, 12:47 PM
Fitz is a great stop gap option for us while we continue to search for and/or groom a franchise QB.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
11-08-2010, 12:47 PM

Years to come?:roflmao: I suppose we'll be contenders for the Super Bowl each year, as well.:roflmao:

Nighthawk
11-08-2010, 12:50 PM
Fitz is a great stop gap option for us while we continue to search for and/or groom a franchise QB.

Exactly...nothing more, nothing less.

justasportsfan
11-08-2010, 01:00 PM
the only way we win anything with Fitz is if we have the D of the ravens and their running game of 2000 because Fitz's nos. are almost identical than that of Dilfer that year.

Trent Dilfer 226 134 1502 59.3 6.6 12 5.3 11 4.9 59 23 135 76.6
RFitzpatrick 227 136 1499 59.9 6.6 13 5.7 7 3.1 45 12 87 85.8

OpIv37
11-08-2010, 01:00 PM

So, the obvious question is this:

We have a player at QB who is at least serviceable. The same cannot be said for several other positions on this team, most notably an OT who can run block and a pass rushing OLB.

Assuming we get the #1 pick, should we use it on a QB when we already have a serviceable player and QB's are notoriously high-risk, or should we use it on a position where we have no serviceable player that's generally less risky than a QB?

Maximilli
11-08-2010, 01:12 PM
How many QBs we gonna draft SH@t when we drafted JP everybody was Happy trent came in everybody was happy WHATS WRONG WITH BROHM he is still young played in the NFL has experience in the NFL we had a chance at joey harrington where is he now look at linehart i mean damn chill with the Luck is a stud crap u dont know. every QB each year that comes out is going to b a stud. that fact is we dont know but we have Brohm use the 1 st rd and fix the oline

Jan Reimers
11-08-2010, 01:13 PM

We have a player at QB who is at least serviceable. The same cannot be said for several other positions on this team, most notably an OT who can run block and a pass rushing OLB.

Assuming we get the #1 pick, should we use it on a QB when we already have a serviceable player and QB's are notoriously high-risk, or should we use it on a position where we have no serviceable player that's generally less risky than a QB?
The answer? We pick a CB.

Maximilli
11-08-2010, 01:16 PM
Fitz is a good QB. he is on a team with a ok oline and a team that can't run the ball all defense has to do is wait for the pass and he still makes plays how many 3rd downs has he converted the pass 3 weeks if we fix up the oline and get going on the run game yes we can win with fitz but keep wasteing draft picks year after year on this QB and that QB i mean come on with stud this and stud that

Dr. Taylor Zaius
11-08-2010, 01:22 PM
How many QBs we gonna draft SH@t when we drafted JP everybody was Happy trent came in everybody was happy WHATS WRONG WITH BROHM he is still young played in the NFL has experience in the NFL we had a chance at joey harrington where is he now look at linehart i mean damn chill with the Luck is a stud crap u dont know. every QB each year that comes out is going to b a stud. that fact is we dont know but we have Brohm use the 1 st rd and fix the oline
:lolabove: That would be very boring. Fitz leads us NOWHERE. Fact.:doh:

Oaf
11-08-2010, 01:29 PM

Enough...PLEASE!!! Please stop with the "Everyone is saying Fitz is a franchise QB" garbage.

justasportsfan
11-08-2010, 01:42 PM
Franchise qb's know how to close out games with clutch plays that win games. Flitz hasn't done that. Even if he did he would have to do it on a consistent basis.

trapezeus
11-08-2010, 01:43 PM
i think the overwhelming feeling by bills fans is that we have the stopgap.

i think fitz is going to be a good mentor and let a qb break in a more natural way.

the excitement about him is that hte games he plays in are actually fun to watch.

he's still 0-6 for the season and has thrown some deadly interceptions in games we could have won. that's not franchise like.

but like i said, i think he's a great fit for the time being. for those fans not delusional enough to think we could be a playoff team this year, he's been quite good.

BuffaloBillsStampede
11-08-2010, 01:45 PM
Fitz is a QB that keeps you in games, but he doesn't win you games. He has thrown costly picks at awful times in more than a couple games this year. He's a great backup and stop gap, but we need a QB that can win the game not keep the game close.

OpIv37
11-08-2010, 01:56 PM
Fitz is a QB that keeps you in games, but he doesn't win you games. He has thrown costly picks at awful times in more than a couple games this year. He's a great backup and stop gap, but we need a QB that can win the game not keep the game close.

I don't disagree, but what if that QB just isn't available in this draft? I'm becoming concerned that this org will reach for Luck or Mallet even if they're not the right guy for the job simply because the opportunity is there.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
11-08-2010, 02:08 PM
I don't disagree, but what if that QB just isn't available in this draft? I'm becoming concerned that this org will reach for Luck or Mallet even if they're not the right guy for the job simply because the opportunity is there.
Luck would in no way be a reach. Mallett might be.:chug:

DesertFox24
11-08-2010, 02:09 PM
He produced after his suspension. Yes, he's been hurt lately and maybe he won't be able to stay healthy, but I'd like to see if he can do it. I have no expectations...if he plays well, good for us. If he doesn't, nothing lost.
He is no Peyton but you can not argue we have not had this type of production from the QB spot since Jimbo was the QB.

What is interesting is Fitz is on pace to have a Orton type season from last year 2009, Orton now is playing like a top 5 QB and they are the same age Orton is 10 days older.

If Fitz plays well (our record will not be that indicator because we need better lines and linebackers) then I say we draft line heavy and give him one more year to see what he can do.

It also needs to be noted that Edwards got most of first team reps not Fitz.

Also there are a lot of late round QBs I really like. Enderle, and Dalton are just a few.

Also Hangnail needs to be replaced in the starting line up.

For me I draft a stud DL in the first, hopefully a OT in the second hopefully Costanzo or Demarcus Love are there in the second, and then maybe another DT like Jenkins from Clemson in the third or another center.

Rest of the draft I would draft LBs, a TE like DJ williams in the 4th.

OpIv37
11-08-2010, 02:10 PM

Well, I'm not as confident about that as you are, but even if Luck is the correct pick, he may not even declare. What then?

Dr. Taylor Zaius
11-08-2010, 02:19 PM
Well, I'm not as confident about that as you are, but even if Luck is the correct pick, he may not even declare. What then?
I think I'd pass on Mallett unless we could trade down & get him late in the first. Pat Devlin in the 3rd might be a good pick.:confused:

Johnny Bugmenot
11-08-2010, 02:24 PM
Can you identify the last red-shirt sophomore who came out and made it big as an NFL star quarterback?

The last one I recall was Alex Smith... he didn't turn out so well, did he?

Dr. Taylor Zaius
11-08-2010, 02:32 PM
Can you identify the last red-shirt sophomore who came out and made it big as an NFL star quarterback?

The last one I recall was Alex Smith... he didn't turn out so well, did he?
LOL. Then we'd better pass on Luck, like fools. That way he can star for the Cowboys.:bad:

Buffalogic
11-08-2010, 02:32 PM
Lol people who say fitz isn't a franchise qb are ******ed. Four months ago we we're saying he's not good enough to start now we are debating if he's a franchise qb. That's a huge leap in eight games. You don't just hatch out franchise qb's all the time, sometimes they grow out of nowhere.

The bottom line is Fitz has gotten a lot better since his days on the rams and he hasn't shown any indication that his potential is fully reached. Fitzpatrick is the only reason we're even competitive, how can some people not see that????

Novacane
11-08-2010, 02:55 PM
Lol people who say fitz isn't a franchise qb are ******ed.

Seriously????????

Mr. Pink
11-08-2010, 02:56 PM
We missed out on that franchise QB named Travis Brown, hopefully Ralph has foresight and steps in before we let another get away.

Philagape
11-08-2010, 03:50 PM
Lol people who say fitz isn't a franchise qb are ******ed.

He's clearly not the reason they're 0-8, but let's not get crazy here.

Buffalogic
11-08-2010, 05:03 PM
He's clearly not the reason they're 0-8, but let's not get crazy here.I never said he was a franchise qb, I just said to deny him at this point is ludicrous. He's obviously growing as a player and I'm not going to pretend I know what his ceiling is like some jackasses here.

Extremebillsfan247
11-08-2010, 05:11 PM
Well I agree Luck is the pick if he is there. I just am worried he wont be....If Dallas manages to pass us up for the top pick, I can almost guarantee Luck comes out. Don't ever turn your back on Jerry Jones. It's as if Bills fans don't have enough to worry about. lol

Nighthawk
11-08-2010, 06:20 PM

Here is the thing...eventhough we have tons of needs on defense, this team was still in position to win 3-4 games. If you get a Franchise type QB (i.e. - Luck) and he's as good as advertised, then maybe that QB makes the plays in the crucial times of games instead of throwing INT's at the most critical points of games. That is the difference between a true starting caliber QB in this league and a serviceable, journeyman backup. If Luck is there and we have the #1 pick you absolutely take him. The QB position is hands down the most important position on any football team.

Nighthawk
11-08-2010, 06:22 PM

OP, there is no such thing as "reaching" for Luck. Everybody and I mean, everybody is saying that he is one of the best QBs to come out in years. That being said, I'd think twice about any other QB at that point in the draft...at least at this point in the season.

Nighthawk
11-08-2010, 06:25 PM
I never said he was a franchise qb, I just said to deny him at this point is ludicrous. He's obviously growing as a player and I'm not going to pretend I know what his ceiling is like some jackasses here.

I mean, why would you look at his history and Gailey's history? That would be ludicrous...did you like how I used your word?

Wake up...the guy is a backup and Gailey is helping him have a great year. Do your homework.

Buffalogic
11-08-2010, 06:51 PM
I mean, why would you look at his history and Gailey's history? That would be ludicrous...did you like how I used your word?

Wake up...the guy is a backup and Gailey is helping him have a great year. Do your homework.You talk in absolutes like you are all knowing. You are just some old, crusty, angry guy whose sick of losing and it shows.

Fitzpatricks history? Yeah, he's gotten better. That's his history. I guess he has to have a cap to his potential because Tyler Thigpen also did well under Gailey??? Is that really your argument?? Why don't you use your eyes instead of your old man, right wing hate that you are so used to relying on.

Nighthawk
11-08-2010, 06:59 PM
You talk in absolutes like you are all knowing. You are just some old, crusty, angry guy whose sick of losing and it shows.

Fitzpatricks history? Yeah, he's gotten better. That's his history. I guess he has to have a cap to his potential because Tyler Thigpen also did well under Gailey??? Is that really your argument?? Why don't you use your eyes instead of your old man, right wing hate that you are so used to relying on.

You know what is funny? You have no clue how old I am, but keep calling me an old man. You keep showing your ignorance and it's priceless.

X-Era
11-08-2010, 07:09 PM
If you think a Fitz lead team can win us a SuperBowl, than you think we are all set.

Personally, I cant see him being that guy. So for me the search continues.

And fortunately enough, we are likely to have a top pick or the top pick and may be in position to get a QB prospect with franchise potential. To me that's exactly what we have needed for more than a decade. Whether a guy with that type of potential will be there or not is another matter.

Buffalogic
11-08-2010, 07:42 PM
If you think a Fitz lead team can win us a SuperBowl, than you think we are all set.

Personally, I cant see him being that guy. So for me the search continues.

And fortunately enough, we are likely to have a top pick or the top pick and may be in position to get a QB prospect with franchise potential. To me that's exactly what we have needed for more than a decade. Whether a guy with that type of potential will be there or not is another matter.Oh yeah, well did you see Fitz throwing for 400 yards against the Ravens?? Let me answer that for you..No.

IMO you take Luck if he comes out. That's no slight on Fitzpatrick and that doesn't determine how good Fitz can be. Fitzpatrick has proven us all wrong before. He doesn't have to be confined to the boundaries that people restrict him to.

We would be blessed to inherit a QB situation that San Diego found themselves in a few years ago with Brees and Rivers. Yes, Rivers is a phenom as well as Luck could turn out to be, but that doesn't mean that Fitzpatrick canit get it done ala Brees. And no, I'm not comparing Fitzpatrick to Brees, I'm comparing their situations and how they could be similar.

bigbub2352
11-08-2010, 08:05 PM

completely agree nice post

Luck or Mallett if they aren't there go DLine

Demon
11-08-2010, 09:57 PM

Thank god somebody else sees the light. God bless you, Nighthawk. I can always count on you!