• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Don't Panic
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Dec 2005

Tim Ryan on the Bills D

On Moving the Chains today, I asked T-Rock who he would keep on the Bills D for the long haul. It was off the cuff, but here are the five he listed:

Byrd
    Poz
    McKelvin
    Williams
    and the one I didn't see coming.... Troup

Seeing as how he just worked the Bills game for Fox yesterday, I'm sure he had some insight. He also is in love with Fitz... couldn't get him to say a bad word about him.
  • Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

Re: Tim Ryan on the Bills D

Originally posted by Don't Panic
    On Moving the Chains today, I asked T-Rock who he would keep on the Bills D for the long haul. It was off the cuff, but here are the five he listed:

Byrd
    Poz
    McKelvin
    Williams

Seeing as how he just worked the Bills game for Fox yesterday, I'm sure he had some insight. He also is in love with Fitz... couldn't get him to say a bad word about him.
    He also NEVER watches the Bills games...thus he is just going off stats. Fitz is not the answer to anybody who watches the games on a weekly basis.

Comment

• clumping platelets

You also keep Carrington............Stevie Johnson did NOTHING his first 2 yrs. Sometimes rookies need time to develop

I would also keep Moats and Edwards

Comment

• clumping platelets

We DESPERATELY need speed at LB

Comment

• psubills62
          Legendary Zoner
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by clumping platelets
          You also keep Carrington............Stevie Johnson did NOTHING his first 2 yrs. Sometimes rookies need time to develop

I would also keep Moats and Edwards
          Agreed, Moats has played well from what I've seen. I still think guys like Troup and Carrington were long-term picks, and weren't expected to play yet this year. Andra Davis is a guy I'd like to keep around this year, and obviously Batten deserves a chance next year.
          "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
          - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• The Warrior
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Don't Panic

Byrd
            Poz
            McKelvin
            Williams

I agree on this. Good list.

I also love Fitz but I will wait till the end of the year to fully judge him on my part. I hope he can keeps this up but again I will wait till after last game to fully judge him.
            Last edited by The Warrior; 11-08-2010, 08:49 PM.

Comment

• methos4ever
              • Apr 2004

I think Ryan has a point about Fitz - he does remind you a bit of a Rich Gannon.

Does that make him the man? We'll see. Though as Pat mentioned, if you are in a spot to take a franchise qb, you take him, no questions asked.

Comment

• wmoz11
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                He also NEVER watches the Bills games...thus he is just going off stats. Fitz is not the answer to anybody who watches the games on a weekly basis.
                If you've ever heard him on Moving the Chains, he goes back and watches EVERY game EVERY week.

The guy can pull out the two-deep for every position on every team, just about.

Comment

• SeatownBillsFan21
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by methos4ever
                  I think Ryan has a point about Fitz - he does remind you a bit of a Rich Gannon.

Does that make him the man? We'll see. Though as Pat mentioned, if you are in a spot to take a franchise qb, you take him, no questions asked.
                  Rich Gannon huh.?>? I was thinking more Tyler Thigpen, from the 2nd half of the 08 season with KC thats just me tho

Comment

• djjimkelly
                    • Apr 2003

tim ryan and pat kirwan are gurus by far the most enjoyable tandem on sirius radio very knowledgeable on all fronts football

Comment

• Ingtar33
                      Dances With Buffaloes
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by SeatownBillsFan21
                      Rich Gannon huh.?>? I was thinking more Tyler Thigpen, from the 2nd half of the 08 season with KC thats just me tho
                      I was thinking John Kitna
                      My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Raptor
                        • Jan 2009

Gotta Keep Moats, he should be starting

Comment

• Don't Panic
                          All-Pro Zoner
                          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                          What are you his butler? I can't take you seriously if you're going to put never in caps when you have no clue what the guy does with his time. Come on Nighthawk...

I think Ryan was just speaking to guys who are a sure thing. Moats, Carrington, Batten, Edwards and even Whitner could be parts of the rebuild on D.

He also mentioned Florence as fading and made no mention of Mr. Chris Kelsay.

Comment

• better days
                            • Jan 2010

I see the comparison between Fitz & Gannon they are both smart QB's. Gannon was a mediocre QB much like Fitz until Jon Gruden coached him up. Gruden brought out the best in Gannon much like Chan is doing with Fitz.

I would like to see the Bills draft a franchise QB, but I think Fitz can be a great #2 & help menter him much more so than either Thigpen or Kitna could because of Fitz's intelligence.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Byrd is starting to make his performance last year look like the biggest fluke of the year.
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X