• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ingtar33
    Dances With Buffaloes
    • Sep 2002

I understand the hope...

With no sign of hope anywhere, we have to grab on, as fans even the faintest possibility of hope... and these last few games... the offense hasn't looked this good since Bledsoe... and while losing sucks at least they aren't making our eyes bleed like they did early this year and last year

But i don't consider 0-8 anything to feel happy about.

Until this team can win some games i will not praise either nix nor gailey... thus far this team looks atrocious in 70% of the game... and i mean it. atrocious.

not bad...

atrocious. this has been an atrocity, and just because we've suddenly managed a moderate passing attack everyone is acting like we've turned a corner.

0-8

we're 23rd in passing yards per game.
    we're 26th in total yards and points per game.
    we're 18th in rushing yards per game.

We only think this offense is doing great because we caught the ravens off our bye and totally unprepared. It was a good game... however i wouldn't get my hopes up for it. since that game our offense has been mediocre (if slightly more competent then it was prior to the bye).

Listen, none of our holes are gone... at best the only thing you can conclude from the last few weeks is we might be able to entertain the idea of taking something other then QB if Luck isn't available in April... and even that's not guaranteed.

-calm down-

0-8
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!
  • SeatownBillsFan21
    • Mar 2004

Re: I understand the hope...

I agree with you 100% were are still at the end of the day 0-8 its nice to be able to covert on 3rd downs now but when we pass the 40 yd line it seems Fitz makes a bad throw or Chan calls for a pass when he should call for a run or the inexperience oline takes a bad plenty, and the drive stalls.Last year we had a decent D that got takeaways we were 3-5 at that point now we have a decent O and were 0-8.So please lets just stay the course bottom out and take the BPA weather its Luck or someone else we just cant miss when that time comes.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
      • Feb 2005

:*****slap:

Where'd the gun in the mouth or the hang myself smileys go?

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

I'll hang on to any thread I can until the team moves or I die.

Doesn't mean I believe they're just a couple players away from being competitive, or turning any corners on the way to being good again just yet.

It is possible to be a realist and a devoted fan at the same time.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• don137
          • Jul 2002

By no means will I say this is one of the better offenses in the league I will say there are some positives to take away from it. The team has scored at a much better clip with Fitzgerald than with Edwards and can be serviceable with him until they groom the next QB (hopefully Luck).
          For years the Bills have needed a #2 WR. Johnson has stepped up and is really playing well. Nelson has has good potential. We are no longer looking at our WR and saying it is only Evans.
          While the offense is not there yet it is headed in the right direction this year. Unfortunately, the defense has taken a big step back.

Comment

• Dujek
            Hall of Fame Zoner
            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Ingtar33

I wish I could get a breakdown on where we'd be in the first two stats without the first two weeks of the season with Edwards at QB. I guarantee that we're at least in the top half of the league in passing yards in the last 6 weeks, and well inside the top 20 in total yards and PPG.

That's why there is reason for optimism, because the team is clearly improving.

Comment

• Dujek
              Hall of Fame Zoner
              • Jan 2008

Fitz is 10th in YPG, so as I said, the first two weeks are pulling down the average in a big way.

Comment

• Dujek
                Hall of Fame Zoner
                • Jan 2008

Oh, and for those who like to knock our o-line, Fitz has only been sacked 12 times in 6 games.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dujek
                  Fitz is 10th in YPG, so as I said, the first two weeks are pulling down the average in a big way.
                  Yes but how in any way does that change what a loss is?

We could be first in every statistical category, but if our record still says 0-8 then what does it matter?
                  COMING SOON...
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Novacane
                    • Jul 2002

It's amazing how little it takes to please a lot of Bills fans.

Comment

• hydro
                      • Oct 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                      Yes but how in any way does that change what a loss is?

We could be first in every statistical category, but if our record still says 0-8 then what does it matter?
                      Because we know that we aren't losing by being totally inept on offense which has been our weakness for a while. We have made strides with the offense. That is something to be positive about. The season is basically over, I couldn't care less about our record.

Now yes our defense is terrible but we knew it was going to be with a scheme change.
                      Last edited by hydro; 11-09-2010, 07:46 AM.
                      BERNIAC!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                        • May 2003

Nobody is happy losing. Nobody is happy with 0-8. There are no moral victories.

We all know all of these things. But some of us see improvement from the beginning of the year. Some of us see a young O-line getting better, with RT being the weak spot. Some of us enjoy watching the WR corps, particularly Stevie Johnson, becoming a strong unit. Or Fitz playing well. Etc.

But God forbid we mention any positives, or we get accused of accepting defeat and being satisfied with mediocrity. It's amazing.
                        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

0-8 or 0-16 should not make any Bills fan happy.................until Draft Day. Then we can all rejoice.

As you said the offense looks promising & it looks like the WR position is one of strength. I think the Bills still need a thumper at RB to compliment Spiller & an OT or two as well as the franchise QB.

I think it was a good move to pick up Merriman. If he has anything left he will help this team one way or another next year. He either stays & that is one less position to worry about, or the Bills get something for him if he leaves.

Comment

• TedMock
                            • Jul 2002

I agree with Ingtar here. While the team isn't completely painful to watch - they are what they are. 0-8. I think we tend to overvalue it a bit now because it looks better than it did, but it's still not good. I will say that I like the approach Nix and Gailey have taken, but they're obviously a long way from winning it's just a new and different approach. While I've been somewhat refreshed by it, it still has not proven to turn the team around. They're 0-8, and I certainly do not agree with everything they've done.

The only real positive I can cling to right now is that the mostly sub-par talent roster plays for four quarters. The Cowboys can't make the same claim. The Bills hang in there and they're obviously not quitting, but a huge chunk of the roster just isn't that talented when compared to other NFL teams. I like Fitz' attitude and toughness, but he's not that gifted. He plays a lot like a younger Brett Favre...without the arm strength or overall talent. Kudos to him for bringing his best every week, but he's not the answer. The o-line has actually played a bit better, but still needs work and I still say that Hangartner is the biggest liability there. Defense - we are in dire need of outside LB's and other things, but mostly OLB's. So many of the big chunks on the ground come from cutbacks and our OLB's getting caught pinching. So frustrating. At least they're less painful to watch, overall, though. They're still probably still 2-3 years away from actually being respected.

Comment

• Mahdi
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Ingtar33
                              With no sign of hope anywhere, we have to grab on, as fans even the faintest possibility of hope... and these last few games... the offense hasn't looked this good since Bledsoe... and while losing sucks at least they aren't making our eyes bleed like they did early this year and last year

But i don't consider 0-8 anything to feel happy about.

Until this team can win some games i will not praise either nix nor gailey... thus far this team looks atrocious in 70% of the game... and i mean it. atrocious.

not bad...

atrocious. this has been an atrocity, and just because we've suddenly managed a moderate passing attack everyone is acting like we've turned a corner.

0-8

We only think this offense is doing great because we caught the ravens off our bye and totally unprepared. It was a good game... however i wouldn't get my hopes up for it. since that game our offense has been mediocre (if slightly more competent then it was prior to the bye).

Listen, none of our holes are gone... at best the only thing you can conclude from the last few weeks is we might be able to entertain the idea of taking something other then QB if Luck isn't available in April... and even that's not guaranteed.

-calm down-

0-8
                              Simply don't agree with anything here.

If this team was playing "atrocious" for 70% of the game as you claim they are, they would be blown out of every game.

This is the NFL, so other teams will play well on defense throughout games and on offense throughout games.

In the KC game for example I saw the Bills offense get stymied in the first half but then make some adjustments and came out in the second half with a good plan and good execution.

This team is competing in every game and if not for a few unlucky bounces they would have 3 wins by now. This is the best Bills team we have had since the Gregg Williams teams.

Our offense has an identity and can produce in the clutch, driving down the field for game tying TDs and FGs.

The problem right now is the lack of a game changing player in the front 7 that can get us ahead or even in the takeaway department and the running game needs to improve.

This team is on the way up, only looking at the record and saying there is nothing to be encouraged by is ridiculous and lacks analysis.

Comment

Working...
                              X