PDA

View Full Version : Lions fan here

littlekaps
11-09-2010, 07:12 AM
Hello Buffalo fans. I am a user on the Lions fan forum Lionsfanatics.com and visit the opposing team's board each week to chat up the matchup. I will post the thoughts on the matchup on Wednesday but, I have to tell you, you guys will get your first win on Sunday. It doesn't have anything to do with Stafford at all not playing but more around how you guys have been playing. Playing the Ravens tough, the Chiefs tough and then the Bears. (I know, the Bears aren't that good.)

However, your team isn't as bad as our Lions were a few years ago at 0-16. AFter all, has Fitzpatrick ran out of an end zone to get away from Jared Allen? We will be playing our third string QB again this week as Shaun Hill, while Schwartz says he might be ready to play, is not yet ready to go. Stanton will be on the field starting and, hopefully, finishing the game against you guys. We are pretty dinged up and our practice on Wednesday has already been announced that it will be limited as we have TONS of guys with dings that cannot practice.

Either way, good luck this week and I will post the Lions vs. Bills Prediction thread in the next few days!

Dr. Lecter
11-09-2010, 07:32 AM
Welcome to the Zone!

trapezeus
11-09-2010, 08:11 AM
a non trolling fan from another team...I like it. Welcome.

I think you might be right. the good news for you guys is if stanton starts, he will finish. the bills don't get within a 3 yard radius of the QB. Plus the Bills have a long, rich history of making backups look good.

I think the general feeling amongst bills fans is that we aren't going to go 0-16 and that the team will be rewarded by the football gods for having strong games the last 3 weeks. However, you never know. Look forward to see you pregame and post game posts.

ddaryl
11-09-2010, 08:15 AM
don't give up hope littlekaps. I'm still pretty confident the Lions can win.

THRILLHO
11-09-2010, 08:41 AM
The only reason we win is because the Rams only win last year came from Detroit, and sealed Detroit's status as the only 0-16 team for another year.

STRONG_BAD
11-09-2010, 09:57 AM
If and when the Bills get their first win....I wonder if members of the 2008 Lions team will uncork champagne bottles to celebrate their record remaining intact?

WeAreArthurMoates
11-09-2010, 10:20 AM
If there's another fan base that I apperciate it's the Lions. Welcome aboard bud, real tough break for Stafford, he's looking like a stud, hope he recovers.

HAMMER
11-09-2010, 11:54 AM
This is comical, a Lions fan says we are going to win and Bills fans are finding a way to tell him he is wrong. So sad, you supposed "fans" make me sick. Bills win this week, screw the Lions, when you leave town take the candy azz fans in this thread with you.

BertSquirtgum
11-09-2010, 01:08 PM
is this game sold out?

Coach Sal
11-09-2010, 01:32 PM
Question, littlekaps.

What is the feeling like about Stafford right now in Detroit amongst the fan base? He looks likes a stud-in-the-making, but is there real concern growing that he will never be able to stay healthy and they should start thinking about other options?!

I'm sure it's too early and no one is giving up on him just yet, but I know if it was a Bills QB, the cries of "china doll!!" would be pretty loud right about now.

trapezeus
11-09-2010, 01:36 PM
This is comical, a Lions fan says we are going to win and Bills fans are finding a way to tell him he is wrong. So sad, you supposed "fans" make me sick. Bills win this week, screw the Lions, when you leave town take the candy azz fans in this thread with you.

if you don't think this game could go one way or the other, then i don't know what to say.

the lions have their share of problems but for the first time in years actually seem to be on path to respectability. honestly, if stafford was healthy the full season, i doubt they are a 2-5 team or whatever they are.

the bills have flashes of brilliance, but they are still marred with bs problems like blocked PATs, fumbling in OT, missed kicks on the timed timeout. You can't make up the plethora of ways the bills find to lose games right now. The bills are no sure thing. They've played 3 competitive games against decent teams, yet lost.

tampabay25690
11-09-2010, 04:10 PM
Welcome to the best Bills forum on the NET........

bflojohn
11-09-2010, 04:16 PM
My feeling right now is tune in, this will be a very entertaining game! The Bills are fighting hard to erase the "o-fer", and the Lions are indeed showing the signs of becoming a winning program. Who knows, two years from now, maybe the Lions will play the Bills in the Super Bowl..... Hey, did anyone think that the Saints would win one before the beloved Bills!?!?

bflojohn
11-09-2010, 04:16 PM
My feeling right now is tune in, this will be a very entertaining game! The Bills are fighting hard to erase the "o-fer", and the Lions are indeed showing the signs of becoming a winning program. Who knows, two years from now, maybe the Lions will play the Bills in the Super Bowl..... Hey, did anyone think that the Saints would win one before the beloved Bills!?!?

littlekaps
11-09-2010, 06:02 PM
Question, littlekaps.

What is the feeling like about Stafford right now in Detroit amongst the fan base? He looks likes a stud-in-the-making, but is there real concern growing that he will never be able to stay healthy and they should start thinking about other options?!

I'm sure it's too early and no one is giving up on him just yet, but I know if it was a Bills QB, the cries of "china doll!!" would be pretty loud right about now.

Big time China Doll. He is a stud in the making, but if he can't stay on the field, how do you count on him? Other options will probably be considered after next year. That will be Schwartz's third year and if Stafford can't stay on the field next year, you have to go another direction. When he played this year, he had 6 TDs, 1 int and a high QB rating. The big difference this year from last year is the he was throwing the ball away when it was not there compared to last year when he forced everything. When he got hurt vs. the Jets, he didn't take his helmet off and many said he was in tears, not from pain, but from the pure frustration of it all. He is a good dude but he is starting to feel the pressure of being a $40 million dollar bonus baby/china doll. It's REALLY frustrating here as a fan right now. You see the development of the team, how everything was coming together, and POW, this happens. Look, I know we are 2-6, I get it, you are your record. But find a team that was in every game as we were this year. With Stafford healthy all year, it is NOT a crazy notion to say we would have been 6-2 or 5-3 at the worst right now.

Joe Fo Sho
11-09-2010, 06:44 PM
Big time China Doll. He is a stud in the making, but if he can't stay on the field, how do you count on him? Other options will probably be considered after next year. That will be Schwartz's third year and if Stafford can't stay on the field next year, you have to go another direction. When he played this year, he had 6 TDs, 1 int and a high QB rating. The big difference this year from last year is the he was throwing the ball away when it was not there compared to last year when he forced everything. When he got hurt vs. the Jets, he didn't take his helmet off and many said he was in tears, not from pain, but from the pure frustration of it all. He is a good dude but he is starting to feel the pressure of being a $40 million dollar bonus baby/china doll. It's REALLY frustrating here as a fan right now. You see the development of the team, how everything was coming together, and POW, this happens. Look, I know we are 2-6, I get it, you are your record. But find a team that was in every game as we were this year. With Stafford healthy all year, it is NOT a crazy notion to say we would have been 6-2 or 5-3 at the worst right now.

I have to agree with you. The Lions are better than their record, they just can't seem to get the W's...

My idiot buddy actually was arguing with me LAST WEEK that the Lions were going to win their division. I told him he was an idiot. He didn't realize they had only won 2 games, he watched pieces of their games and thought they were better than the Vikings and Bears, and he thought the Packers were gonna fall off...

patmoran2006
11-09-2010, 07:13 PM
Welcome to the board, you picked a good one.

patmoran2006
11-09-2010, 07:14 PM
is this game sold out?

Not.. Even.. Close