PDA

View Full Version : Cordaro Howard's Injury Details

patmoran2006
11-09-2010, 10:48 AM
I've learned that the injury Cordaro Howard has is a torn labrum in his shoulder and a sprained rotator cup. He suffered the injury in the Kansas City game, which may explain why he struggled so much after a decent first start at Baltimore.

Regardless, for the time he's only going to be out for the Detroit game, but he plans on trying to be back vs Cinci in 2 weeks.

Bills are off today so you probably won't hear from any other players, though the team is likely to make roster moves.

Nothing's confirmed, but the buzz seems to be Naaman Roosevelt is going to active squad.

patmoran2006
11-09-2010, 11:03 AM
Here is the full report.

’ve learned that the shoulder injury to Buffalo Bills tackle Cordaro Howard that Chan Gailey touched briefly on during his press conference Monday, is actually a torn labrum in the shoulder. He also has a sprained rotator.

Howard first hurt the shoulder early in the game at Kansas City, which was his second career start at right tackle. The injury got progressively and he was really laboring before being shut down in the second half against Chicago this past Sunday.

Howard is working on strengthening the shoulder but won’t be in the lineup when Buffalo hosts the Detroit Lions Sunday. He hopes to be back when Buffalo travels to Cincinnati in two weeks.

Mansfield Wrotto will get the start at right tackle Sunday, and rookie Ed Wang is expected to be activated as a game day reserve for the first time in his career.

Linebacker Andra Davis tried to battle a torn labrum over the past several weeks. It ended with him being placed on injured reserved yesterday.

DraftBoy
11-09-2010, 11:06 AM
So in other words, potentially season ending?

RockStar36
11-09-2010, 11:06 AM
That sucks. I imagine spraining my rotator cup would be awfully painful.

patmoran2006
11-09-2010, 11:10 AM
So in other words, potentially season ending?
Potentially, sure. But he says he plans on playing against Cinci in two weeks.

I should've (and will momentarily) add, that he said he's going to need surgery after the season.

DraftBoy
11-09-2010, 11:12 AM
Potentially, sure. But he says he plans on playing against Cinci in two weeks.

I should've (and will momentarily) add, that he said he's going to need surgery after the season.

If he plays the way he did v. Baltimore, Id rather IR him.

Jan Reimers
11-09-2010, 11:22 AM
Since we have 2 openings on the active roster, it sounds like we need to add an O-lineman in addition to a WR (Roosevelt?).

better days
11-09-2010, 11:25 AM
That sucks. I imagine spraining my rotator cup would be awfully painful.

I tore my rotator cuff. VERY painful injury, VERY painful surgery & long PAINFUL rehab.

Bangarang
11-09-2010, 11:29 AM
All these injuries...When did DJ start coaching this team again?

better days
11-09-2010, 11:45 AM
All these injuries...When did DJ start coaching this team again?

If you look at some teams like the Colts, Seahawks, Cowboys, Vikings, etc... then Bills are pretty healthy.

Johnny Bugmenot
11-09-2010, 04:06 PM
This has been a relatively good year as far as injuries have gone.

At this point last year I think we had 10-15 people, many of them starters, on the IR already.

Spiderweb
11-09-2010, 10:20 PM
I tore my rotator cuff. VERY painful injury, VERY painful surgery & long PAINFUL rehab.
I'll second that as well. Tough sleeping for about 6 months as well.

madness
11-10-2010, 08:39 AM
I think he's done... as a starter anyway. I expected Wrotto to take his spot once he knew our system well enough. Wrotto didn't disappoint last week and I expect to see some more progress this week.