X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G Wolly
    • Mar 2004

Apparently I'm one of very few people

Who, has of now anyways, feels that our first-round pick shouldn't be a QB.

Given the way Fitz has been playing, if he can continue this until the end of the season being a consistent 200 yard passer, with at least 1 TD per game with the ability to remain mostly accurate (except for the crushing picks thrown in the last 3 games), there's no need to draft a QB with our first pick. Maybe a later pick, but definitely not first.

It would be a waste of a pick if we have a decent QB in Fitz. Besides, we have last year's draftee in Levi Brown we could raise in Chan's system instead of getting another one. Like many of you felt on picking Spiller, you were glad we got a talented young guy, but felt it was unnecessary with having Jackson and at the time, Lynch.

Why bring in yet ANOTHER QB and have to teach him the system in hopes he'll one day be our franchise savior, when we have a rookie, and another young guy under Fitz to learn from?

Just sayin'

EDIT: I'm offering a compromise due to the hype of Luck. IF he is not available, we don't need to take a QB first.
    Last edited by G Wolly; 11-09-2010, 03:27 PM.

• RockStar36
    Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
    • Sep 2004

Re: Apparently I'm one of very few people

I don't particularly care about most QBs in the draft, but if Luck is there and the Bills have the opportunity to take him, they absolutely cannot pass him up.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
      Zero for Zero!
      • Mar 2003

Luck looks like a once in a lifetime prospect. If he is there they must take him.

As for the rest - I agree. I would prefer Ponder in the 3rd to Locker/Mallett in the top 3.
      Originally posted by mysticsoto
      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• G Wolly
        • Mar 2004

I don't pay too much attention to college football myself, but he's all I hear about, so I don't understand the hype and I don't really care to.

So maybe that's where I tend to be a little flawed in the way I look at the draft.

All I'm saying is it won't necessarily mean he'll be a good pro QB either.
        Last edited by G Wolly; 11-09-2010, 03:18 PM.

Comment

• T-Long
          Circling the Wagons since 1982.
          • Sep 2003

If Luck is there, he's got to be the pick. He's got all the tools to becoming a Pro Bowl caliber franchise QB. He's got a great head on his shoulders and will pick up Chan's system fairly quickly. I know Fitz is playing well, but he is not the future at the position IMO. We will be kicking ourselves in the ass if they pass on Luck and go with Fitz. Luck and Levi Brown aren't in the same universe.

Comment

• G Wolly
            • Mar 2004

True, I get what you're saying, but for the most part the draft is just a crap shoot of talent, except for this guy as many of you are saying.

However a lot of talented guys still come up out of the later rounds.

Comment

• Dr. Taylor Zaius
              Senior Zoner
              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by G Wolly
              Who, has of now anyways, feels that our first-round pick shouldn't be a QB.

Given the way Fitz has been playing, if he can continue this until the end of the season being a consistent 200 yard passer, with at least 1 TD per game with the ability to remain mostly accurate (except for the crushing picks thrown in the last 3 games), there's no need to draft a QB with our first pick. Maybe a later pick, but definitely not first.

It would be a waste of a pick if we have a decent QB in Fitz. Besides, we have last year's draftee in Levi Brown we could raise in Chan's system instead of getting another one. Like many of you felt on picking Spiller, you were glad we got a talented young guy, but felt it was unnecessary with having Jackson and at the time, Lynch.

Why bring in yet ANOTHER QB and have to teach him the system in hopes he'll one day be our franchise savior, when we have a rookie, and another young guy under Fitz to learn from?

And watching Luck or Locker play every Saturday and how well he does, doesn't necessarily mean he'll thrive as a pro QB. Especially in his rookie year.

Just sayin'
              Wrongo, Buster Brown. That type of thinking will keep the Bills in the cellar for another decade plus. Just sayin'.

Comment

• mrbojanglezs
                • Jan 2010

no your not alone, I am in the same boat if one condition is met:

IF ANDREW LUCK IS NOT AVAILABLE

then you don't go qb, but sorry if luck is there you take him

Comment

• T-Long
                  • Sep 2003

True, I get what you're saying, but for the most part the draft is just a crap shoot of talent, except for this guy as many of you are saying.

However a lot of talented guys still come up out of the later rounds.
                  There is talent throughout the draft and free agent pickups. You just can't miss on a prospect like Luck. Will there be a great QB drafted on Day 2 or even 3 this season? History says possibly. But there is not one football person out there that would criticize the Bills for taking Luck. If they passed on him, Wow...look out.
                  Last edited by T-Long; 11-09-2010, 03:23 PM.

Comment

• G Wolly
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Dr. Taylor Zaius
                    Wrongo, Buster Brown. That type of thinking will keep the Bills in the cellar for another decade plus. Just sayin'.
                    Thanks for providing yet another insightful rebuttal, guy.

Comment

• T-Long
                      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by mrbojanglezs
                      no your not alone, I am in the same boat if one condition is met:

IF ANDREW LUCK IS NOT AVAILABLE

then you don't go qb, but sorry if luck is there you take him
                      Luck is the only QB talent worth going #1 overall. If you want Mallett or Locker, then you can afford to trade down. But, good luck trading out of the top slot.

Comment

• mrbojanglezs
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by T-Long
                        Luck is the only QB talent worth going #1 overall. If you want Mallett or Locker, then you can afford to trade down. But, good luck trading out of the top slot.
                        I don't want locker until the 2nd round and I don't want mallet until the mid 1st so if we want mallet we should trade back up because trading out is not good,

but really I say luck or no qb this year

Comment

• Dr. Taylor Zaius
                          Senior Zoner
                          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by RockStar36
                          I don't particularly care about most QBs in the draft, but if Luck is there and the Bills have the opportunity to take him, they absolutely cannot pass him up.
                          Exactly.....

Comment

• G Wolly
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by T-Long
                            There is talent throughout the draft and free agent pickups. You just can't miss on a prospect like Luck. Will there be a great QB drafted on Day 2 or even 3 this season? History says possibly. But there is not one football person out there that would criticize the Bills for not taking Luck. If they passed on him, Wow...look out.
                            Like I said, I don't pay attention to him but he's all I hear about so that's where I'm flawed.

But yes, like bojanglez said, if Luck isn't there, don't take a QB.

Is that a fair compromise here?

Comment

• Dr. Taylor Zaius
                              Senior Zoner
                              • Sep 2010

Thanks for providing yet another insightful rebuttal, guy.
                              Anytime, my friend. Look, if Luck's not there I don't reach for Mallett. Earliest I'd pick Mallett is late first in a trade down getting extra picks. Luck is the prize in this draft much like Bradford was last year. Everyone else is several notches below.

Comment

Working...
                              X