mikemac2001
11-09-2010, 05:02 PM
never blacked out with the internet

guy
11-09-2010, 05:13 PM
i hear ya but some much nicer on the tv

patmoran2006
11-09-2010, 08:00 PM
Not gonna happen this week buddy, unless they've sold a TON of tickets in the past 24 hours.

To my knowledge, as of late last week they were still in the 5 digits in regards to amount of available tickets.

OpIv37
11-09-2010, 09:14 PM
you mean no one wants to pay $60 to sit outside in the cold and watch an 0-8 team take on the Lions' backup QB?

Who saw that one coming?

Dr. Lecter
11-09-2010, 09:37 PM
you mean no one wants to pay $60 to sit outside in the cold and watch an 0-8 team take on the Lions' backup QB?

Who saw that one coming?
I am going!!!

WeAreArthurMoates
11-09-2010, 10:05 PM
I'll be there chearing my azz off.

better days
11-09-2010, 10:11 PM

Who saw that one coming?

3rd string QB for Lions................which MIGHT mean a win for the Bills. Who doesn't want to watch the Bills win in FOOTBALL weather, besides you don't have to worry about your beer getting warm.

SeatownBillsFan21
11-10-2010, 12:42 AM
Well i would be there if i could but i live 3000 miles away nonetheless Go Bills

TheGhostofJimKelly
11-10-2010, 04:30 AM
Doesn't matter to me this week, I will be there.

TigerJ
11-10-2010, 08:32 AM
I'm outside the blackout radius, but unfortunately the local Fox affiliate chooses not to carry Bills games, so when Buffalo plays an NFC opponent at home, I'm outta luck.

OpIv37
11-10-2010, 08:49 AM
3rd string QB for Lions................which MIGHT mean a win for the Bills. Who doesn't want to watch the Bills win in FOOTBALL weather, besides you don't have to worry about your beer getting warm.

Lots of people want to watch the Bills play in football weather when a win could mean the difference between making the playoffs and staying home, or winning the division or getting a wild card.

But when a win means beating a 3rd string QB on a team that's been even worse than us over the last decade for the privilege of being 1-8 vs 0-9, it's a much tougher sell.

Dr. Pepper
11-10-2010, 10:03 AM
I'm going for the first time this season. Can't wait to get out and tailgate again!

tampabay25690
11-10-2010, 10:16 AM

Who saw that one coming?

You mean you should root for your team that you want to stay in BUFFALO?????????
Wow thats fan dedication....

tampabay25690
11-10-2010, 10:17 AM
I am going!!!

Knew u would be....I wish I could be there......

OpIv37
11-10-2010, 10:31 AM
You mean you should root for your team that you want to stay in BUFFALO?????????
Wow thats fan dedication....

when you continue to pay for an inferior product, you continue to get an inferior product because the manufacturer of that product has no motivation to improve it.

MJones83
11-10-2010, 10:43 AM
I'll be there. Third game in three years and the best seats yet. 7 rows from the sideline near the endzone (not sure which endzone). Friend is a lions fan and owed me 60 so he baught the tickets and a few days later Stafford gets hurt for the season.

tampabay25690
11-10-2010, 01:22 PM
when you continue to pay for an inferior product, you continue to get an inferior product because the manufacturer of that product has no motivation to improve it.

Well IM glad I do my part and continue and will always continue to buy season tickets for the Buffalo Bills.........

0-16 or 16-0 I will always do what it takes to keep the Bills in Buffalo....................

CuseJetsFan83
11-10-2010, 01:37 PM
http://the506.com/sports/?tag=2010-week-10

currently being slotted as blacked out in buffalo

OpIv37
11-10-2010, 02:52 PM
Well IM glad I do my part and continue and will always continue to buy season tickets for the Buffalo Bills.........

0-16 or 16-0 I will always do what it takes to keep the Bills in Buffalo....................

if you get ****ty food or service in a local restaurant, do you keep going back to keep the restaurant in business?

if you take your computer to a local computer repair shop, only to get it home and find out that it's still broken, do you keep going to the same repair shop so they stay in business?

If you buy a used car from a local car dealer, and it turns out he pulled the wool over your eyes and sold you a lemon, do you return to that same dealer so they stay in business?

As long as Bills fans have your mentality, 16-0 will never happen and 0-16 will remain a distinct possibility.

mikemac2001
11-10-2010, 03:18 PM
if you get ****ty food or service in a local restaurant, do you keep going back to keep the restaurant in business?

if you take your computer to a local computer repair shop, only to get it home and find out that it's still broken, do you keep going to the same repair shop so they stay in business?

If you buy a used car from a local car dealer, and it turns out he pulled the wool over your eyes and sold you a lemon, do you return to that same dealer so they stay in business?

As long as Bills fans have your mentality, 16-0 will never happen and 0-16 will remain a distinct possibility.

Every bills game i go to i have a great time win or loss. i am mad if we lose but i still have a great time with friends and enjoy it everytime. i go for that reason entertainment and hanging out with friends plus i love football, i usually purchase my tickets off of someone and not directly from ralph but i will spend money on a few drinks inside. overall the money i spend is worth it.

the only time i felt sick was watching trent vs the dolphins i was fed up with him (i even watched him in Green bay which was great until the game started)

overall i don't look at my money going to ralph i look at it instead of going out to the club or throwing a party at my house i am using that money the same way to enjoy a day with friends.

OpIv37
11-10-2010, 03:23 PM
Every bills game i go to i have a great time win or loss. i am mad if we lose but i still have a great time with friends and enjoy it everytime. i go for that reason entertainment and hanging out with friends plus i love football, i usually purchase my tickets off of someone and not directly from ralph but i will spend money on a few drinks inside. overall the money i spend is worth it.

the only time i felt sick was watching trent vs the dolphins i was fed up with him (i even watched him in Green bay which was great until the game started)

overall i don't look at my money going to ralph i look at it instead of going out to the club or throwing a party at my house i am using that money the same way to enjoy a day with friends.

I always have fun at the pre-game tailgates.

But if we lose, I get pissed (whether I'm at home or at the game). If I'm at the game, I get even more pissed when I think about how much money I just spent on something that just pissed me off.

When we're this bad, I just can't bring myself to spend the money to go to a game, especially since I live 400 miles away. Going to a game turns into a minimum $500 weekend between tickets, gas, hotel and food.

tampabay25690
11-10-2010, 03:39 PM

What a tool remark......WOW

tampabay25690
11-10-2010, 03:41 PM
I always have fun at the pre-game tailgates.

But if we lose, I get pissed (whether I'm at home or at the game). If I'm at the game, I get even more pissed when I think about how much money I just spent on something that just pissed me off.

When we're this bad, I just can't bring myself to spend the money to go to a game, especially since I live 400 miles away. Going to a game turns into a minimum $500 weekend between tickets, gas, hotel and food.

I understand that you live away.
But the fans that are in the area need to support just as much as us that live away.....

OpIv37
11-10-2010, 03:43 PM
What a tool remark......WOW

When people insult my posts, I take it as a compliment. It means they have no legitimate counter-point, so they resort to insults.

OpIv37
11-10-2010, 03:46 PM
I understand that you live away.
But the fans that are in the area need to support just as much as us that live away.....

Yeah well it costs me $300 a year just to watch the games on TV.

I support the team by watching and rooting for them just like I always do.

I'll start supporting them with my money again when they earn it. I don't mind paying for a product that I enjoy. I do mind making a donation to the Wilson Family Trust Fund and getting nothing in return.

vanbillsfan
11-10-2010, 04:28 PM
they better win, i'm coming 2700 miles for this one.

Nighthawk
11-10-2010, 04:38 PM
I am going!!!

Well...what does that say about you? j/k

tampabay25690
11-10-2010, 07:30 PM
When people insult my posts, I take it as a compliment. It means they have no legitimate counter-point, so they resort to insults.

What kind of counter-point do I have to come up with.
You started talking about going to ****ty restaurants......
Yea the post was stupid to be honest...

Dr. Lecter
11-10-2010, 07:40 PM
Well...what does that say about you? j/k
I have never claimed sanity!

Nighthawk
11-10-2010, 08:00 PM
I have never claimed sanity!

Anybody who is on this board and talks about the Bills on a daily basis cannot be considered sane...we are all crazy!

tampabay25690
11-10-2010, 08:16 PM
We are all a bit crazy no doubt....

superbills
11-10-2010, 09:42 PM
I gotta say that it's pretty interesting that people think they're making a difference by not going to the games. Here's the breakdown for you fans of our "small market" Bills. Either people go, regardless of the record, and the team stays in Buffalo, or our stadium look like the Jags stadium and they move us to LA, or San Antonio, or whatever. Not going to the games is not going to put a better product on the field. The ship that that theory was on sailed long ago. Either you have competent people in charge who can put together a winning squad or you don't. The fans in the stands contribute to that exactly nil.

OpIv37
11-10-2010, 09:46 PM
What kind of counter-point do I have to come up with.
You started talking about going to ****ty restaurants......
Yea the post was stupid to be honest...

the post isn't stupid just because you are incapable of comprehending the analogy.

There is no other situation in life where you would willingly pay for an inferior product/service, yet you do so with the Bills. And you expect others to do the same.

It's illogical.

Dr. Lecter
11-10-2010, 09:49 PM
the post isn't stupid just because you are incapable of comprehending the analogy.

There is no other situation in life where you would willingly pay for an inferior product/service, yet you do so with the Bills. And you expect others to do the same.

It's illogical.
But in many of your examples there is a second, third or multiple alternatives.

I can't go across the street to a different NFL game like can with a restaurant.

OpIv37
11-10-2010, 09:49 PM
I gotta say that it's pretty interesting that people think they're making a difference by not going to the games. Here's the breakdown for you fans of our "small market" Bills. Either people go, regardless of the record, and the team stays in Buffalo, or our stadium look like the Jags stadium and they move us to LA, or San Antonio, or whatever. Not going to the games is not going to put a better product on the field. The ship that that theory was on sailed long ago. Either you have competent people in charge who can put together a winning squad or you don't. The fans in the stands contribute to that exactly nil.
it's called a collective action problem.

Individuals do what is best for themselves instead of what is best for the group. In this particular case, individuals can refuse to support the team, but the majority still spends money on the team because they like the tailgates or because they're afraid of losing the team or because they're delusional and actually think this team to win- it really doesn't matter why. So the people who refuse to spend money on an inferior product are circumvented by the larger number of people acting in their own self interest by going to the games.... hence Ralph still makes money and feels no need to actually pay competent people.

OpIv37
11-10-2010, 09:52 PM
But in many of your examples there is a second, third or multiple alternatives.

I can't go across the street to a different NFL game like can with a restaurant.

I've lived over 400 miles from Buffalo for the last 10 years and I still follow the Bills. Within that distance from Buffalo, you have Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Philly, DC, Baltimore, maybe NYJ/NYG and Cincy (I don't know off-hand and I'm too lazy to look it up right now).

You could follow a different team. You just don't want to.

Dr. Lecter
11-10-2010, 09:53 PM
I've lived over 400 miles from Buffalo for the last 10 years and I still follow the Bills. Within that distance from Buffalo, you have Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Philly, DC, Baltimore, maybe NYJ/NYG and Cincy (I don't know off-hand and I'm too lazy to look it up right now).

But I could not go to ~8 games a year in those cities.

Mr. Pink
11-11-2010, 02:09 AM
But I could not go to ~8 games a year in those cities.

Sure you could.

You could take the 3 hour drive to Cleveland or Pittsburgh 8 Sundays a year.

better days
11-11-2010, 07:40 AM

I think you made the point yourself why people follow the Bills win or lose. You live over 400 miles away, yet you admit to still following them.

If the fans of the Bills stop supporting them at the gate they will be moved without question. Bills fans in Buffalo are willing to put up with the losing until the team is sold to keep them in Buffalo when that happens.

Forward_Lateral
11-11-2010, 01:29 PM
Is it an official black out? You'd think Ralph would buy the rest of the tickets to make up for putting an 0-8 team on the field.

RockStar36
11-11-2010, 01:45 PM
Yes it is

HAMMER
11-11-2010, 02:11 PM

Yet it's OK to spend hours on the internet bashing said team, isn't that the same thing? Time is money.

OpIv37
11-11-2010, 02:13 PM
Yet it's OK to spend hours on the internet bashing said team, isn't that the same thing? Time is money.

Saying "time is money" makes the false assumption that if I wasn't on this website, I'd be doing something productive to make money. The reality is that if I wasn't spending time on this website, I'd just find some other way to waste it. Like standing in line at Ikea.

Nice try, though.

tampabay25690
11-11-2010, 04:11 PM
LOL Im having fun reading the posts...

Thank you to all the BILLS fans that continue to pay $$ and go to the games for the team we all Love and follow....

Just think without the Bills where would this soap opera of a website be?????

BillsFever21
11-11-2010, 09:20 PM
This shouldn't even be a question. The only home game that will sell out the rest of the season is Pittsburgh and that's because of all the Steeler fans in the near region.

There is no way we will sell out any other game. If we couldn't sell out the 3rd home game of the season in October we sure the hell won't sell out any of the other ones.

I don't see tens of thousands of people running to the ticket office to pay $50+ dollars a ticket to watch this team in November or December. The only Bills games that will be on TV the rest of the season is the away games and the Pittsburgh game.

TigerJ
11-12-2010, 08:36 PM
I'm out of luck on this one. We're outside the blackout radius, but the local Fox affilliate chooses not to show Bills games when they play an NFC team at home. Now if some nice member of my church with NFL Sunday Ticket were to invite me over, well then, I'm there. Maybe I could even call it a pastoral call. LOL

Extremebillsfan247
11-14-2010, 09:28 AM
Lots of people want to watch the Bills play in football weather when a win could mean the difference between making the playoffs and staying home, or winning the division or getting a wild card.

But when a win means beating a 3rd string QB on a team that's been even worse than us over the last decade for the privilege of being 1-8 vs 0-9, it's a much tougher sell. Have fun staying home for the next 2 years. It's going to be awhile before this team actually plays a game where a win is actually meaningful. If that's what your waiting for, maybe your routing for the wrong team because this one isn't it, at least not at this point.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
11-14-2010, 09:33 AM
anybody know of a live feed of the bills game I can use?