PDA

View Full Version : Luck vs. Braford

buffalobillsfan95
11-09-2010, 05:43 PM
I've heard so much stuff about luck but never saw him play so for a comparison is he better the Bradford or worse?

Nighthawk
11-09-2010, 05:45 PM
I've watched both of them a bunch and I would say that Luck is more impressive. That doesn't mean Bradford is not good, just that Luck is working with less at Stanford and still looks crazy good.

SquishDaFish
11-09-2010, 05:48 PM
Yea watching both it looks like Luck is the better prospect coming out which isnt a downer on Bradford because I think Bradford is going to be a special QB longterm also.

billsfanryan
11-09-2010, 06:43 PM
Bradford has a better arm. Luck is a better runner.

Both draw comparisons to Peyton Manning in terms of intelligence and ability to read defenses etc.

However, luck is working with less talent around him.

Ingtar33
11-09-2010, 07:16 PM
Bradford was an amazing college QB... i'm not sure i say that about Luck yet.

Right now i'd say Luck reminds me more of Matt Ryan then anything else. Solid, but he doesn't have great anticipation, which bothers me a bit.

X-Era
11-09-2010, 07:49 PM

Right now i'd say Luck reminds me more of Matt Ryan then anything else. Solid, but he doesn't have great anticipation, which bothers me a bit.To me he's just solid. I think you can give this guy your offense and he will lead it and run it and win you games. What I'm not sure he can do is to light up the field wit the long ball and make you respect the deep game. He may have that ability, I just want to see him test defenses deep more.

But if you want a guy you can trust to be successful with your offense, it's him.

He's a top notch potential franchise QB because of how solid he is. But is he perfect? no.

patmoran2006
11-09-2010, 07:52 PM
I've heard so much stuff about luck but never saw him play so for a comparison is he better the Bradford or worse?

Here is an OUTSTANDING piece on Luck by Brian Galliford of Buffalo Rumblings for you and anyone else to enjoy. I thought it was great and told a lot about him.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2010/11/9/1803636/2011-nfl-draft-poise-sets-andrew-luck-apart

Nighthawk
11-09-2010, 08:04 PM
Here is an OUTSTANDING piece on Luck by Brian Galliford of Buffalo Rumblings for you and anyone else to enjoy. I thought it was great and told a lot about him.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2010/11/9/1803636/2011-nfl-draft-poise-sets-andrew-luck-apart

Buffalo Rubble is terrible...please no references to that garbage.

Nighthawk
11-09-2010, 08:06 PM

Right now i'd say Luck reminds me more of Matt Ryan then anything else. Solid, but he doesn't have great anticipation, which bothers me a bit.

Bradford had much more talent around him then Luck does. IMO, Luck is doing much more with much less around him. That is a great indicator of how good the kid is.

X-Era
11-09-2010, 08:08 PM
Buffalo Rubble is terrible...please no references to that garbage.You will get a much better read here... like say in the Scouting Zone... in the Draft Guide... with opinions provided by... :whistle:

X-Era
11-09-2010, 08:29 PM
That's as close to bragging as I can get...

I'm awesome at hating braggers.

X-Era
11-09-2010, 08:44 PM
BTW, who's Braford?

cookie G
11-09-2010, 09:40 PM
Bradford's accuracy and timing were uncanny, and not something you don't see every year. They were just there...no waiting by the WR, no reaching, no stooping. Short, intermediate or long it didn't matter, the ball was there.

It was like watching Peyton Manning now. His accuracy is well into the gifted level.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
11-10-2010, 06:35 AM
Bradford is slightly better than Luck. Fact.:darth:

The Jokeman
11-10-2010, 11:12 AM
Let's not focus on if Luck is better than Bradford. Instead let's focus are the 2010 Buffalo Bills in the same position as the 2009 Rams? I say we're not as the Rams had a proven running game in the form of Steven Jackson and a developing O-line with Justin Smith. They also had a developing defense with DE Chris Long. The truth is the QB should be the last piece to fit in hopes to redeveloping a franchise not the first.

DraftBoy
11-10-2010, 11:29 AM
The biggest difference for me between the two is ball placement, Luck's in uncanny and I never saw Bradford place throws like Luck does for the most part.

Saying whose better is splitting hairs at this point, Im not sure A is over B, or the other way around.

justasportsfan
11-10-2010, 11:51 AM
wouldn't it be awesome if Harbaugh left stanford to coach the cowboys and then Luck declares but the bills have the 1st pick and the cowboys the 2nd? Thats when I would be all for raping the cowboys for all their high picks both next year and 2012.

ghz in pittsburgh
11-10-2010, 11:53 AM
Let's not focus on if Luck is better than Bradford. Instead let's focus are the 2010 Buffalo Bills in the same position as the 2009 Rams? I say we're not as the Rams had a proven running game in the form of Steven Jackson and a developing O-line with Justin Smith. They also had a developing defense with DE Chris Long. The truth is the QB should be the last piece to fit in hopes to redeveloping a franchise not the first.

So how many years had Rams completely tanked (like finishing with fewer than 3 wins) before they get people like Justin Smith, Chris Long, and Bradford?

The Bills will finish with fewer than 3 wins this year and people can't stand already.

Remember Arnold's quote: no pain, no gain. There are exceptions, but it is true in general.

Mindbender
11-10-2010, 12:18 PM
Buffalo Rubble is terrible...please no references to that garbage.

I don't understand the hate Buffalorumblings gets from some here. They have some nicely written pieces.

bluerosekiller
11-10-2010, 12:48 PM
I don't understand the hate Buffalorumblings gets from some here. They have some nicely written pieces.

Yeah, I won't put it down.
It's not bad, in a sort of, USA TODAY short attention span way.
Nothing as in depth as I personally might prefer, but it's an OK read every once in a while.

Put it this way, I certainly couldn't do it given the deamands that it takes to put up content everyday etc.. Not even close. So, I'm not about to criticize.

bluerosekiller
11-10-2010, 01:03 PM
Regarding Luck, I'll leave his evaluations to the experts.
I honestly don't follow college football at all & even if I began to, who knows how long it would take me to develop the sort of eye & knowledge it would take to intelligently be able to decern what makes a Mallett, Ponder or Locker that much less of a pro prospect than Luck apparently is.

Give me a fighter & I have the know how to confidently give you an evaluation on his future, either a boxer or ( to a bit lesser of a degree ) an MMA fighter.
But, a college QB or really, any other player? Not so much.

Back to Luck though, since he's only played two years of college ball, albeit at a VERY high level, wouldn't he benefit from holding the clipboard for a season or so behind a cerebral guy like Fitz while the Bills build a better team for him to eventually take over?

Nighthawk
11-10-2010, 04:34 PM

It's a bunch of garbage...sorry, it is what it is. A bunch of fans writing their own pieces and trying to sell them as actual reporting.

Extremebillsfan247
11-10-2010, 05:41 PM

I'm pretty sure there are posters here who could answer this question better than I could since I didn't really get into last years class of QBs like I have this year. But I'll give input anyway. I think we have to see how Luck handles the pros to make that determination. Once you go pro, what ever you did in college no longer matters. It's because it becomes a thing where its not what you have done, but what you can do once you reach this level. College wise though, it's been a long time since a QB has been as sharp as Luck has. JMO