PDA

View Full Version : Did you guys see who the Steelers new starting LT is?

Ickybaluky
11-09-2010, 08:44 PM
Max Starks, the Steelers LT has suffered a neck injury (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10313/1101965-100.stm) that could cost him his season. They are already without RT Wllie Colon who is on IR, and Flozell Adams has taken his place.

The replacement for Starks at LT? None other than Jonathan Scott. Yes, that Jonathan Scott.

X-Era
11-09-2010, 08:46 PM
Max Starks, the Steelers LT has suffered a neck injury (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10313/1101965-100.stm) that could cost him his season. They are already without RT Wllie Colon who is on IR, and Flozell Adams has taken his place.

The replacement for Starks at LT? None other than Jonathan Scott. Yes, that Jonathan Scott.What's funnier is that I tuned into the game for literally one second as I flipped through the channels and Roth was running for his life because someone got beat badly... that someone... LT Jonathan Scott.

Oaf
11-09-2010, 09:00 PM
You mean Cordaro Howard/Mansfield Wrotto/Demetrius Bell/supposed-diamond-in-the-rough 1.0?

theanswer74
11-09-2010, 09:04 PM
Sean Kugler is cursed. He lost both his starting OT's for the year 2 straight seasons.

X-Era
11-09-2010, 09:06 PM
You mean Cordaro Howard/Mansfield Wrotto/Demetrius Bell/supposed-diamond-in-the-rough 1.0?I think he means McFarland/Price/Gaddis/Pennington/Chambers/supposed-quality-backup-OT 1.0

Oaf
11-09-2010, 09:26 PM
I think he means McFarland/Price/Gaddis/Pennington/Chambers/supposed-quality-backup-OT 1.0
I just lose track of all the scrubs we just "plug in" one year and cut the next. We're constantly calling for the "next guy in" ourselves.

Lexwhat
11-10-2010, 12:37 AM
:rofl:

Beebe's Kid
11-10-2010, 07:06 AM
Wait...it's Pittsburgh!! They are pure amazing!! If Scott is good enough for them, he should never have been let go!!!

Why do we sit here and let Buddy ruin this team!! Jauron would have done better!!! Spiller is a bust!!! It's a marketing ploy!!!!!!

Back on earth... Good for Scott...it's a tough time to be looking for a job. Also, good for the Steelers...better them than us.

Johnny Bugmenot
11-10-2010, 07:29 AM
From the talk of people here, Ben Roethlisberger is so good he doesn't even need a left tackle.

k-oneputt
11-10-2010, 07:46 AM
I'm liking the Pats getting 4.5 points, especially coming off a loss and Scott playing left tackle.
What's your take NE39 ?

Ickybaluky
11-10-2010, 09:10 AM
I'm liking the Pats getting 4.5 points, especially coming off a loss and Scott playing left tackle.
What's your take NE39 ?

I'd like it a lot more at Gillette. It think it is tough to take at their stadium.

If the Pats play the run well (something they struggled with against Cleveland, but have done pretty good at this year otherwise) then they should do a decent job against the Pittsburgh offense. The Steelers haven't been as good offensively this year, and losing their LT hurts.

That said, I'm not crazy about the Pats matching up against the Steelers defense. Brady is 5-1 against them in his career (including playoffs), but the Pats have struggled some on offense when they can't run the ball (and Pittsburgh is tough to run on).

If you forced me to take it, I'd probably take the Pats and the points, but in reality I would lay off.

stuckincincy
11-10-2010, 09:45 AM

The replacement for Starks at LT? None other than Jonathan Scott. Yes, that Jonathan Scott.

Stealers had several injuries:

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20101109/SPT02/311090098/1066/3-Steelers-sustain-concussions

Roger G. must be upset, given the fumble gift thing a week or so ago...another fait accompli (see the '05 Jerome Bettis Victory Tour in '05, the Miracle of Santonio Holmes in '08).

"Just give it to 'em." :bighug: