PDA

View Full Version : Bills sign LB Mike Balogun, Promote WR Paul Hubbard

DraftBoy
11-10-2010, 07:41 AM
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Bills-sign-Mike-Balogun-promote-Paul-Hubbard.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

The Buffalo Bills signed rookie linebacker Mike Balogun off the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' practice squad and promoted wide receiver Paul Hubbard from the practice squad, according to a league source with knowledge of the situation.

They take the place of linebacker Andra Davis and wide receiver Roscoe Parrish, who have been placed on injured reserve.

Under NFL rules, Balogun is guaranteed to be on the Bills' roster for at least three weeks because he was signed off another team's practice squad.

Looks like Naaman will remain on the PS.

hydro
11-10-2010, 07:42 AM
You know anything about Balogun, DB?

DraftBoy
11-10-2010, 07:44 AM
You know anything about Balogun, DB?

Backup LB from Oklahoma who started some there, but other than that. No, the guys they are signing recently must be late bloomers.

methos4ever
11-10-2010, 08:09 AM
Info on Balogun:

http://newsok.com/banned-ou-football-player-mike-balogun-breaks-silence/article/3445203

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/13034396/oklahomas-balogun-hopes-hes-not-forgotten?tag=pageRow;pageContainer

Balogun started out as a third-stringer for the Sooners after transferring from Lackawanna (Pa.) Community College in 2008. He moved up on the depth chart after starter Ryan Reynolds suffered a season-ending knee injury and then became the starter after backup Austin Box was hurt, first at midseason and then in the regular-season finale.

Balogun then moved into the starting lineup for the Big 12 championship and the BCS championship game, a 24-14 loss to Florida. The same day the Sooners returned from Miami, Balogun got a call from Oklahoma's compliance department informing him his eligibility was in question again.

Balogun said he was informed officials at Florida State contacted the NCAA after seeing him play in the title game and that reopened an investigation into his time playing in the North American Football League.

"It's nowhere close to professional. It was pickup football with equipment," Balogun said, describing the league. "It's semi-organized every Saturday. I've been out there times where it was four against four. If you want to count my years of eligibility out for playing four-on-four football, then something needs to be changed."

And re: Hubbard, don't forget Nix wants to go to a WR corps that is bigger and faster ala San Diego. Hubbard (much like Easley) does that at 6'2 225 vs Naaman's 6' 180ish?

Oaf
11-10-2010, 08:10 AM
Hubbard's been a disappointment in most camps during his career. We'll see if that changes here.

PromoTheRobot
11-10-2010, 08:50 AM
Feel bad for Naaman. A lot of folks assumed he was next in line to get a promotion.

PTR

The Warrior
11-10-2010, 08:52 AM
Feel bad for Naaman. A lot of folks assumed he was next in line to get a promotion.

PTR

Yeah I agree without that exp. and he could really need it. I wanted him to move up and I am sad by this. :( I so badly anted to see him play.

justasportsfan
11-10-2010, 09:55 AM
And re: Hubbard, don't forget Nix wants to go to a WR corps that is bigger and faster ala San Diego. Hubbard (much like Easley) does that at 6'2 225 vs Naaman's 6' 180ish?

I think they went with speed since they lost speed with Roscoe. Hubbard ran a 4.40

hydro
11-10-2010, 10:14 AM
I think they went with speed since they lost speed with Roscoe. Hubbard ran a 4.40

Yeah Roosevelt ran like a 4.6 at the combine.

justasportsfan
11-10-2010, 10:15 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQMK6eMqyno

Jan Reimers
11-10-2010, 10:19 AM
According to Vtext, added WR Montez Billings and FB Jehuu Caulcrick to the PS.

jamze132
11-10-2010, 10:32 AM
Anyone ever seen "Necessary Roughness"?

:rofl:

justasportsfan
11-10-2010, 10:35 AM
Guess they didn't want Bell back

Mr. Pink
11-10-2010, 08:57 PM
Shoulda promoted Roosevelt over Hubbard.

Oh well.

John Doe
11-11-2010, 06:50 AM
Hubbard got the nod over Roosevelt because of special teams play.

Saratoga Slim
11-11-2010, 06:58 AM
Guess they didn't want Bell back

Can't they sign him back to the PS?

Hmmmm. Maybe Bell is a case of the cheap seats liking his skill set a lot more than the coaches.

DraftBoy
11-11-2010, 07:36 AM
Bell was on waivers since he was on Philly's active roster, and he was claimed by the Colts.