PDA

View Full Version : Merriman's Injury, per Gailey

patmoran2006
11-11-2010, 02:28 PM
He reinjured his right achiles, already declared out. Staff was hoping it was a muscle strain, didn't sound overly optimistic.

I'm about ready to not boldly predict he never plays a down in Buffalo.

G Wolly
11-11-2010, 02:29 PM
Oh well.

We didn't lose anything in this move.

patmoran2006
11-11-2010, 02:32 PM
Oh well.

We didn't lose anything in this move.

We didn't.. Ralph did. $1.8-million

Buffalogic
11-11-2010, 02:33 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if he gets cut.

djjimkelly
11-11-2010, 02:34 PM
at least we wont have to blame him for ruining the 1st overall pick for now

patmoran2006
11-11-2010, 02:35 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if he gets cut.
can't.. He's injured.. He'll get paid anyway.

T-Long
11-11-2010, 02:37 PM
I bet San Diego is laughing at us

Goobylal
11-11-2010, 02:44 PM
Why? The paid him just as much. And it's not even close to the Vikes, who gave up a 3rd for Moss and ended-up cutting him.

Dr. Lecter
11-11-2010, 02:44 PM
I bet the entire NFL is laughing at us

Fixed

don137
11-11-2010, 02:45 PM
Another team laughing at the Bills...Get in line..

G Wolly
11-11-2010, 02:45 PM
Fixed

Don't tell Donte. He'll throw a tantrum on twitter.

ddaryl
11-11-2010, 02:51 PM
it was still a chance worth taking no matter who laughs or who cries.

and we can cut him.

PromoTheRobot
11-11-2010, 02:51 PM
Way to go all you Merriman buttlickers. Nice call. Next time just STFU.

PTR

Gibran Chandan
11-11-2010, 02:52 PM
I bet everyone and their mother is laughing at us

really fixed

patmoran2006
11-11-2010, 02:58 PM
it was still a chance worth taking no matter who laughs or who cries.

and we can cut him.
No they can't, not until he's cleared to play. . Thats why SD couldnt cut him earlier, he had to physically cleared to play.

They can reach an injury settlement.

T-Long
11-11-2010, 02:59 PM
Why? The paid him just as much. And it's not even close to the Vikes, who gave up a 3rd for Moss and ended-up cutting him.
Because we are also paying him for not playing and got SD off the hook for the remainder of his current contract

G Wolly
11-11-2010, 03:00 PM
They can reach an injury settlement.

http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/1844/resizeross20cellino2020.jpg

Beebe's Kid
11-11-2010, 03:04 PM

PTR

Wow...you really take the Merriman thing personally, huh? If only the fans that wanted a real linebacker would have "STFU" we wouldn't have signed him...and he certainly wouldn't be injured.

You keep up the good work on calling anybody and everybody out because of Merriman. It is a sound, logical position to take, and the responsible parties need to be held accountable!!!!!

better days
11-11-2010, 03:06 PM

Or the Bengals who paid 7.1 Mil to Bryant then cut him before the season started.

patmoran2006
11-11-2010, 03:09 PM
I don't think you can fault the Bills for taking a chance on Merriman. Besides Ralph's money, which he pockets too much of to begin with, what did they have to lose?

They took a chance, its a move that clearly isn't going to work out, but at least they tried to do something.

unpaid_bills
11-11-2010, 03:09 PM
San Diego is not laughing at us, they are laughing with us.

If Buffalo didn't have bad luck, we wouldn't have any luck at all.

G Wolly
11-11-2010, 03:10 PM
San Diego is not laughing at us, they are laughing with us.

If Buffalo didn't have bad luck, we wouldn't have any luck at all.

We'll have Luck soon enough!!!1111

LOLOLOLOLOL GET IT?!!

RockStar36
11-11-2010, 03:11 PM
I doubt San Diego cares.

If Buffalo didn't pick him up, TB or MIA would've. It's not like this is going to bring down the mighty 0-8 campaign.

DynaPaul
11-11-2010, 03:19 PM
If he went to the Patriots he'd be playing this week and everyone would be saying what a genius Belichick is.

PromoTheRobot
11-11-2010, 03:22 PM
Wow...you really take the Merriman thing personally, huh? If only the fans that wanted a real linebacker would have "STFU" we wouldn't have signed him...and he certainly wouldn't be injured.

You keep up the good work on calling anybody and everybody out because of Merriman. It is a sound, logical position to take, and the responsible parties need to be held accountable!!!!!

The problem I have is people shooting their mouth's off about what the Bills should do, then suddenly vanishing when the team does what they said and fails miserably. Just once I'd love people to admit that they are talking out their bungholes.

PTR

mayotm
11-11-2010, 03:25 PM
The problem I have is people shooting their mouth's off about what the Bills should do, then suddenly vanishing when the team does what they said and fails miserably. Just once I'd love people to admit that they are talking out their bungholes.

PTRDon't break your robot arm continuing to pat yourself on the back.

Mahdi
11-11-2010, 03:48 PM

PTR
Signing Merriman was STILL the right thing to do. Had he played right away and performed it would have helped the defense. If it didn't work out we would lose NOTHING, no draft picks, no big contract.

And Merriman still has a shot to get over the injury and help the team even it's only for 6-7 games.

And AGAIN, if he does perform when he gets on the field and shows he can stay healthy then he might be worth tagging. If not, he can leave at no cost to the Bills.

ddaryl
11-11-2010, 03:57 PM

PTR

Did Merriman sodomize your dog or something ????

I still fail to see why the move was a bad deal. OR are you worried about Ralph's 1.8 million ?

WeAreArthurMoates
11-11-2010, 03:57 PM
Well atleast we but either a 3rd or 5th draft for 1.8 milliion.

EDS
11-11-2010, 04:29 PM
Do you think Buddy got inside intel on Merriman from SD due to his previous relationship with them?

PromoTheRobot
11-11-2010, 05:04 PM
Did Merriman sodomize your dog or something ????

I still fail to see why the move was a bad deal. OR are you worried about Ralph's 1.8 million ?

It has nothing to do with anything except smartass posters who scream and whine about things and then vanish and act like "who me?" when their brilliant suggestions turn to poo.

PTR

Billz_fan
11-11-2010, 05:23 PM
Funny as hell :laughter: Another friggin master move. The guy has circumvented the system to avoid the Bills. Can't say I blame him :blowup:

Nighthawk
11-11-2010, 06:37 PM
We didn't.. Ralph did. $1.8-million

Who cares?

Nighthawk
11-11-2010, 06:39 PM

PTR

If that were to happen, then you would be leading the thread because with the amount of crap that you post, your @sshole has to be burning.

Yasgur's Farm
11-11-2010, 06:51 PM
Because we are also paying him for not playing and got SD off the hook for the remainder of his current contractSD was off the hook when the released him... Not when he was claimed.

Yasgur's Farm
11-11-2010, 07:02 PM
If that were to happen, then you would be leading the thread because with the amount of crap that you post, your @sshole has to be burning.:giggity: :spanku:

Hogwasher
11-11-2010, 08:23 PM

PTR

If I understand you correctly, you expect a large thread of people saying they were wrong because they didnt not expect Merriman to get injured. I think it is a lot of fun to speculate about what the bills should do, but not very much fun to attest to your record.

Spiderweb
11-11-2010, 08:29 PM
It has nothing to do with anything except smartass posters who scream and whine about things and then vanish and act like "who me?" when their brilliant suggestions turn to poo.

PTR

Promo, isn't that what message boards are for? Sharing of ideas, possibilities, etc? One of you pets have an accident on your Wheaties this morning?

Jeez....

Philagape
11-11-2010, 08:31 PM
They certainly don't have any kind of respect to lose.

kelly2reed4six
11-11-2010, 09:34 PM

PTR

Dude, you are a dumb*ss.....seriously.....that's all I can say. You sound like a little 6 year old throwing a temper tantrum....and you'll confirm it with you moron response to this post.

G Wolly
11-11-2010, 11:30 PM
Dude, you are a dumb*ss.....seriously.....that's all I can say. You sound like a little 6 year old throwing a temper tantrum....and you'll confirm it with you moron response to this post.

The irony is overwhelming.

Mr. Pink
11-12-2010, 12:33 AM
What a worthless signing.

Said it the day it happened.

mayotm
11-12-2010, 08:24 AM
What a worthless signing.

Said it the day it happened.Congratulations. As a reward for being so awesome, Promo is going to jerk you off with his robotic hand.