PDA

View Full Version : One Fan's View: Bills vs. Bears

shelby
11-11-2010, 03:04 PM
Here is this week's installment of OFV....enjoy!

My newly rekindled friendship with my high school pal Erik has helped
take an awful season and make it a little better. The last few years, I
was left watching games by my lonesome and then venting to Mark (more on
that below). Now with Erik there, I can get over the mind bending
stupidity and frustration within two plays. Thanks Erik!

We ended up at my local bar to watch the Bears vs Bills game. Thanks to the NYC “Clap for me, I’ve decided to torture myself with a 26.2mile run and torture you on having to sit outside and wait for me to pass at any point in the next four hours” Marathon, we decided to keep it a little more local and skip the Bills bars. There was too much train and pedestrian confusion to worry about heading anywhere else.

The bad news is that after the NYC CFMIDTTMWA26.2MRATYOHTSOAWFMTPAAPITNFH Marathon, most people end up at a bar. And they end up at a bar that is fairly close to the finish line. So we ended up with a lot more foot traffic than normal at my usual spot. As a result, we got the crap TV near the door, so every single person who swung the door wide open to gloriously enter, or to hold the door for someone else let us feel a cool Ralph Wilson Stadium breeze caress our faces. So much for Bills fans staying warm because of a Toronto hosted game.

Those negatives aside, I have to say that even though the Bills continue to show promising signs of progress, this game was still too predictable. After the Bills made the stop to keep the score 19-14, I literally said to Erik, “the tragedy of this is that the Bills will throw the INT for a TD return on this next drive.” Erik piped in with “yep”. One play later, they didn’t return it all the way, but you knew the Bears were taking the lead soon enough.

read more... (http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/2010/11/11/one_fans_view_bills_vs_bears.php)