PDA

View Full Version : Chad Kelly, Holy Crap

patmoran2006
11-11-2010, 08:28 PM
St. Joes vs St. Francis catholic final at the Ralph right now

Chad Kelly, Jim's nephew, is a God damn freak. 3 TD runs, including an 85 yarder, in the first half and a TD pass..

This kid by next year (He's only a junior) may end up being the most heavily recruited kid in WNY high school football history. He has size, CRAZY arm strength and he can run his ass off.

BTW if anyone cares, his St Joes is up 28-7 at the half.

Commissioner
11-11-2010, 08:31 PM
How big is he?

patmoran2006
11-11-2010, 08:33 PM
6-3, junior..

patmoran2006
11-11-2010, 08:34 PM
I don't know who's offically recruting him, but I've heard multiple times that Boston College, Syracuse and Oklahoma State are among them.

Ebenezer
11-11-2010, 08:39 PM
I don't know who's offically recruting him, but I've heard multiple times that Boston College, Syracuse and Oklahoma State are among them.
He might just be the one to resurrect the Syracuse program

tampabay25690
11-11-2010, 08:59 PM
Thanks for the insight

patmoran2006
11-11-2010, 09:01 PM
I am no college scout, and I havent seen every great WNY high school player, but for these set of eyes, I've never seen a better player who seems more built for the next level.

I cant describe to you in words this powerful pass he threw off his back foot early in the third quarter. 50 yards off his freegin backfoot in perfect stride under pressure.

(BTW, Jimbo is on the sidelines ina Bills hoodie trying to be sneaky about it too, lol)

Dr. Lecter
11-11-2010, 09:03 PM
Jill Kelly on Twitter:

HJKforever

St. Joes is taking this game. Our nephew Chad has stolen the show:) He can run...unlike his uncle Jim

Luisito23
11-11-2010, 09:11 PM
Can we draft him if Luck doesn't declare??

patmoran2006
11-11-2010, 09:12 PM
Kelly just threw another TD pass, about 25 yards.
Thats 3 TD runs and 2 TD passes, he OWNS the Ralph tonight. His team is up 42-14

DraftBoy
11-11-2010, 09:34 PM
You guys play HS ball on Thursday nights?

patmoran2006
11-11-2010, 09:39 PM

It's the Catholic school championships at the Ralph..They gotta take the stadium when they get it. Typically, its Friday night or Sat afternoons.

Ebenezer
11-11-2010, 09:45 PM
It has only been the last few years that most games have switched to Friday nights...for decades almost all varsity games were at 2PM on Sat. Almost no high school had lights.

The last buffalo fan
11-11-2010, 10:56 PM
St. Francis is a bad school program, nothing but crap.

Sincerely,

TD & FTY

:snicker:

Stewie
11-11-2010, 11:07 PM
i HOPE WE LOSE ALL OUR GAMES FOR THE NEXT 6 YEARS SO WE CAN DRAFT HIM

YardRat
11-12-2010, 01:31 AM
He can run...unlike his uncle Jim

I lol'd.

Dr. Lecter
11-12-2010, 05:05 AM
It has only been the last few years that most games have switched to Friday nights...for decades almost all varsity games were at 2PM on Sat. Almost no high school had lights.
Last few years?

When I played I had Friday night games. I would guess that I had 3 a year. So it has been more than the last few years.

casdhf
11-12-2010, 06:05 AM
You'll have to forgive him, Lecter. When he played football they used a rock for a ball. :cas:

Pinkerton Security
11-12-2010, 06:55 AM

id be ecstatic.

DraftBoy
11-12-2010, 07:50 AM
Pat Im not sure you know the whole story here, but this kid was the same one who was thrown off of his old HS team, for what reason I dont know and its not being reported. You got anything on this?

STRONG_BAD
11-12-2010, 08:36 AM
i HOPE WE LOSE ALL OUR GAMES FOR THE NEXT 6 YEARS SO WE CAN DRAFT HIM

Don't worry, I've been studying the 2016 mock drafts lately and Chad is only rated as a late first round talent....bad mechanics.

trapezeus
11-12-2010, 08:55 AM
maybe chad kelly can be like maurice clarrett and declare early but with better results.

the big questions are does he drive on chippewa, what's his wonderlic, how big are his hands, and even if he is young, will he find the field before maybin?

patmoran2006
11-13-2010, 04:55 PM
Pat Im not sure you know the whole story here, but this kid was the same one who was thrown off of his old HS team, for what reason I dont know and its not being reported. You got anything on this?

Yes, as a freshmen in PA.. He was getting into trouble in school and the coaching staff didn't like his attitude. Dont' know all the details.

He's grown up a lot though, I think spendinga lot of time with Uncle Jimbo had a lot to do with it. He's still raw in some ways, but this kid has a cannon and he's accurate.. and he can run pretty good too.

Johnny Bugmenot
11-14-2010, 06:51 AM
So he can run the ball. Too bad he's white, so unless everything falls into place Peyton Hillis style, he'll never get the chance in this league.

Night Train
11-14-2010, 07:05 AM
He started out in York, PA playing HS ball. Suspended for 7 games Freshman year. Kicked off the Varsity team after starting the first 5 games his Soph. year for undisclosed reasons, forcing a transfer to the Buffalo area.

May have talent but is he a punk ?

http://www.ydr.com/ci_13570599?source=most_viewed

cpearl
11-14-2010, 01:40 PM
St. Joe's straightened him out. He'll be a heavily recruited college player.

SJCI Alumni - '94

Night Train
11-15-2010, 08:41 AM
St. Joe's straightened him out. He'll be a heavily recruited college player.

SJCI Alumni - '94
I went there too...but a couple decades earlier..:D:

DraftBoy
11-15-2010, 10:33 AM
Yes, as a freshmen in PA.. He was getting into trouble in school and the coaching staff didn't like his attitude. Dont' know all the details.

He's grown up a lot though, I think spendinga lot of time with Uncle Jimbo had a lot to do with it. He's still raw in some ways, but this kid has a cannon and he's accurate.. and he can run pretty good too.
Wish you had more because it was more than just his Freshman year, as he was suspended then but kicked off his Soph year. Details are going to be locked up tight. My suspicion though is alcohol and weed issues.

How do you know he's grown up a lot? Im not being critical, Im legitimately asking.

patmoran2006
11-15-2010, 12:25 PM
Wish you had more because it was more than just his Freshman year, as he was suspended then but kicked off his Soph year. Details are going to be locked up tight. My suspicion though is alcohol and weed issues.

How do you know he's grown up a lot? Im not being critical, Im legitimately asking.

Mainly according to coaches comments..Of course, who really knows.. He looks pretty damn mature on the field though, I know that for sure.

DraftBoy
05-23-2011, 07:35 AM
Update:

His top 7 are;
Alabama
Buffalo
Clemson
Florida State
Michigan State
Purdue
Syracuse

Apparently he's a FSU lean as of now and will camp with them and Bama.

Kelly 6'3, 205lbs. #2 Dual Threat QB on 247Sports.com
(http://247sports.com/Recruit/Chad-Kelly-10561)

Full list of offers on Rivals;
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Chad-Kelly-123259

Scout has him as a three star;
http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=5373987

SabreEleven
05-23-2011, 07:47 AM
When do kids usually commit to colleges?

DraftBoy
05-23-2011, 07:49 AM
When do kids usually commit to colleges?
Anytime between now and National Signing Day in early Feb.

patmoran2006
05-23-2011, 08:16 AM
Update:

His top 7 are;
Alabama
Buffalo
Clemson
Florida State
Michigan State
Purdue
Syracuse

Apparently he's a FSU lean as of now and will camp with them and Bama.

Kelly 6'3, 205lbs. #2 Dual Threat QB on 247Sports.com
(http://247sports.com/Recruit/Chad-Kelly-10561)

Full list of offers on Rivals;
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Chad-Kelly-123259

Scout has him as a three star;
http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=5373987

You can take UB off that list, and add University of Miami-- I've talked to his father recently.. He's going to receive in upwards of 30 offers when this process is over.

DraftBoy
05-23-2011, 08:22 AM
You can take UB off that list, and add University of Miami-- I've talked to his father recently.. He's going to receive in upwards of 30 offers when this process is over.
Did Quinn pull his offer?

Not shocked to see Miami offer on him.

WeAreArthurMoates
05-23-2011, 09:59 AM
Fitz will keep the seat warm till him.

tomz
05-23-2011, 10:03 AM

My God, with that kind of track record he'll be lucky to be drafted in the 3rd round.

What's the report on this grade school? Was he a good sharer in Kindergarten? Fif he eat paste? Chase girls?

LMAO

better days
05-23-2011, 10:15 AM

Well, he may be the one to resurrect the Miami program.

trapezeus
05-23-2011, 10:39 AM
Chad kelly has a lot of unasked for baggage with that last name. going to miami and then us goofing around that he should play in buffalo. That's a lot of pressure that is put on his shoulders everyday. "chad, follow all the steps of your uncle jim."

I remember maybe 4-5 years ago, chad kelly did the halftime punt pass kick competition where kids just throw the ball from the 10 yard line. he launched his pass amongst the furtherest and everyone was all giggles thinking about a new kelly.

I hope he doesn't flame out marinovich style.

gonzo1105
05-23-2011, 11:55 AM
I am a Florida State fan and he is a Florida State lean at the current time and appears to want to end his recruitment soon. Miami isn't in his top 7 because Miami has yet to offer him a scholarship and is waiting it out to offer him one. He might not go to Florida State yet because FSU is still recruiting other Quarterbacks and will only likely take one QB this year. Whether that is Kelly or not remains to be seen.

PromoTheRobot
05-23-2011, 12:06 PM
Did Quinn pull his offer?

Not shocked to see Miami offer on him.

More likely Chad saw what a mess Quinn is making at UB and said no thanks.

PTR

patmoran2006
05-23-2011, 01:23 PM
I don't think its anything against UB, but they already have one incoming touted freshman QB in Joe Licata (Williamville South)

As Gonzo said, FSU is probably his top choice right now, but there are circumstances. I thought Miami formally offered him, but maybe they didn't, but I know there is definitely interest.

One thing seems pretty certain; the kid is going to end up going to a well-known D-1 school.

I don't know the kid's name, but his high school (ST. Joe's) also got some ultra fast kid to come as a WR next season.

psubills62
05-23-2011, 01:51 PM
I don't think its anything against UB, but they already have one incoming touted freshman QB in Joe Licata (Williamville South)

As Gonzo said, FSU is probably his top choice right now, but there are circumstances. I thought Miami formally offered him, but maybe they didn't, but I know there is definitely interest.

One thing seems pretty certain; the kid is going to end up going to a well-known D-1 school.

I don't know the kid's name, but his high school (ST. Joe's) also got some ultra fast kid to come as a WR next season. Formal offers (the written ones) actually haven't been sent out yet and won't for a few months. The NCAA passed a regulation last year saying written offers can't be sent until late August (or September? not sure exactly). Every prospect with offers has only the verbal kind.

For now, the whole process is a bit confusing. Last I checked, a number of schools have "offered" over 100 prospects (mostly SEC schools, no surprise). Obviously not all of those kids can commit to those schools, so only a certain number (probably 30-40) have "commitable" offers. That is, if the kid decides he wants to commit to a school, that school likes him enough to accept his commitment.

If there are prospects that the school likes better and think they've got a good chance with, even if the kid wants to commit they might ask him to wait.

That could be the situation with Kelly. He's definitely a good prospect but at this point I believe FSU is recruiting a number of very good QB's, and if they like those kids better then they might decide to wait on them. A lot depends on how much more they like the other prospects. If Kelly is on the same tier as the others, just ranked slightly lower, then they'll probably take a commitment from him (especially if he commits before the others do). If he's on a lower tier, they'll probably decide to wait.

Things aren't terribly clear until written offers go out in a few months.

HopefulBillsFan
05-23-2011, 02:32 PM
if anyone cares, i did some research myself and found out some of the undisclosed details by talking to former players from Pennsylvania. like his uncle Jimbo he was a huge partier, involved with the wrong crowd, and a complete "trash talking d-bag" which imo comes with his skill level territory however, those are the reasons he left PA. or some say was forced to leave, which is true if he wanted any chance of shining football wise. the coach was hard on discipline from my understanding. Cam Newton of high school lol.

gonzo1105
05-23-2011, 02:45 PM
Miami has not even verbally offered.Miami has two quarterback commits already and does have interest in Kelly but at the current time they have only evaluated him. This is the reason why Kelly doesn't have Miami in his top 7. Florida State has shown a ton of love to Chad and that is why they currently lead. With that said Florida State is no lock for him for a couple reasons. Florida State is only going to want to take one quarterback and has quarterback Jameis Winston from Alabama also high on their board. Also it appears Chad wants to play really early in his career and FSU can't really offer that with E.J Manual and Clint Trickett already there. I would say Fsu is first right now with Purdue being a darkhorse school

Ground Chuck
05-24-2011, 06:30 AM
I know he visited Purdue

Ginger Vitis
05-24-2011, 11:10 AM
Scout.com has Chad ranked #29 among QBs for the 2012 class.. I don't think he is as much of a prospect as some Zoners are making him out to be

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=4&pid=10&yr=2012

DraftBoy
05-24-2011, 11:40 AM
Scout.com has Chad ranked #29 among QBs for the 2012 class.. I don't think he is as much of a prospect as some Zoners are making him out to be

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=4&pid=10&yr=2012

This early a lot of the rankings are going to vary with recruiting. 247sports has him as the #2 Dual Threat QB in the country.

psubills62
05-24-2011, 12:28 PM
This early a lot of the rankings are going to vary with recruiting. 247sports has him as the #2 Dual Threat QB in the country. I haven't been around recruiting too much, but I trust 247sports much more than I trust rivals or scout. If I heard correctly, one of those latter two sites doesn't even have a northeast scout. Some people may think the only recruits worth looking at are in the south, but those sites seem to take that to the extreme. 247 is new, but it seems to be very balanced.

DraftBoy
05-24-2011, 02:48 PM
I haven't been around recruiting too much, but I trust 247sports much more than I trust rivals or scout. If I heard correctly, one of those latter two sites doesn't even have a northeast scout. Some people may think the only recruits worth looking at are in the south, but those sites seem to take that to the extreme. 247 is new, but it seems to be very balanced.

Each of the five big ones (ESPN, 247, Scout, Rivals, CBS/Max Preps) has advantages and disadvantages. Some focus more on the south for obvious reasons, some more on Texas, some more on Cali, some more up north. It all just depends. I gather news from all five so I dont prefer one over the other. I also only following recruiting with about half the passion I follow College Football and the Draft, so I dont know everything there is to know.

Bling
05-26-2011, 09:35 AM
Not even considering the University of Miami. Thinks it's a dying program.

FSU lean at this point. I'm kind of meh on him. Character issues, comes from the Northeast where talent is scarce. Much prefer Jameis Winston.

DraftBoy
05-26-2011, 10:41 AM
Not even considering the University of Miami. Thinks it's a dying program.

FSU lean at this point. I'm kind of meh on him. Character issues, comes from the Northeast where talent is scarce. Much prefer Jameis Winston.

Like somebody else mentioned its a verbal offer and he's camping in Tally. Doesnt mean much unless he has a huge season.

I know for a fact FSU has far more desire in two 2013 QB's in their own backyard than in Kelly.

BillsFever21
05-26-2011, 09:56 PM
Wasn't this the kid during all the Punt/Pass competitions at RWS during the half time show?

DraftBoy
05-26-2011, 10:58 PM
According to Clemson recruiting site, either Rivals or 247, Kelly is now a clear Tiger lean.

gonzo1105
06-02-2011, 05:11 PM
Well Chad Kelly is most likely a Clemson lock as Draftboy pointed out. There was something in a meeting with FSU that Kelly didn't like and it looks like FSU has moved on because they have taken QB Sean McGuire's commitment out of New Jersey. They are still actively recruiting Winston but the visit Kelly had scheduled to FSU is now off.

DraftBoy
06-03-2011, 08:18 AM
Well Chad Kelly is most likely a Clemson lock as Draftboy pointed out. There was something in a meeting with FSU that Kelly didn't like and it looks like FSU has moved on because they have taken QB Sean McGuire's commitment out of New Jersey. They are still actively recruiting Winston but the visit Kelly had scheduled to FSU is now off.

Don't know if he's a Tiger lock, still a lot of time between now and NSD to worry about.

patmoran2006
06-13-2011, 08:39 AM
Kelly is on his way to Alabama this week and reportedly hopes to make his decision sometime this month. Definitely wants to make it before next football season.

FinFaninBuffalo
06-13-2011, 11:40 AM
It will be cool if Chad makes it all the way to the NFL. My son played soccer and baseball with him for many years when they were younger. He is one heck of an athlete.

CAbills
06-13-2011, 12:17 PM
Purdue baby boiler up

patmoran2006
06-15-2011, 07:34 AM
Let's put it this way--- I have a strong feeling there's going to be a lot of kids at St. Joe's High School wearing Clemson hats next fall in support their high school quarterback.

DraftBoy
06-15-2011, 10:40 AM
Let's put it this way--- I have a strong feeling there's going to be a lot of kids at St. Joe's High School wearing Clemson hats next fall in support their high school quarterback.

Wouldnt be a bad fit, Boyd is a Sophomore this season. So he'd have to site for only two years before getting a shot at starting assuming Boyd does as well as people think he can.

If he can graduate in December and enroll early he'd be even better off.

Question is if Clemson stalls again this year do Dabo and Co get shown the door, and would Kelly stay committed. Lots of unrest at Clemson right now.

patmoran2006
06-15-2011, 10:52 AM
Wouldnt be a bad fit, Boyd is a Sophomore this season. So he'd have to site for only two years before getting a shot at starting assuming Boyd does as well as people think he can.

If he can graduate in December and enroll early he'd be even better off.

Question is if Clemson stalls again this year do Dabo and Co get shown the door, and would Kelly stay committed. Lots of unrest at Clemson right now.

I could also see him being a redshirt his first year; especially if he goes to one of these major schools.

I don't know a lot about the situations about the schools he's considering, I just am pretty piped in via other people to his process.

I originally said that he was considering UB by courtesy only, but I think I wrong. It is an actual consideration. Even with all the QB's at UB, he thinks he could play right away and of course, would have Uncle Jim to work with in Buffalo. Plus the fact that so many UB guys in recent years are making it to the NFL helps.

I still don't see UB though. Gotta be Clemson, Bama or Purdue.

DraftBoy
06-15-2011, 10:56 AM
I could also see him being a redshirt his first year; especially if he goes to one of these major schools.

I don't know a lot about the situations about the schools he's considering, I just am pretty piped in via other people to his process.

I originally said that he was considering UB by courtesy only, but I think I wrong. It is an actual consideration. Even with all the QB's at UB, he thinks he could play right away and of course, would have Uncle Jim to work with in Buffalo. Plus the fact that so many UB guys in recent years are making it to the NFL helps.

I still don't see UB though. Gotta be Clemson, Bama or Purdue.

Purdue would be his best bet to play early, Clemson his best bet to be successful. Not sure he would ever see the field at Bama.

psubills62
06-15-2011, 11:17 AM
Is his Bama offer commitable at this point? I thought they were going hard after Gunner Kiel.

DraftBoy
06-15-2011, 11:37 AM
Is his Bama offer commitable at this point? I thought they were going hard after Gunner Kiel.

I dont know that they have made a formal offer. He is only camping with them for now.

Bama is all-in on Kiel.

DraftBoy
06-15-2011, 11:48 AM
Also Kiel is in Tuscaloosa today on an unofficial.

patmoran2006
06-15-2011, 04:54 PM
Chad has announced a press conference for Thursday at 3pm at St. Joe's to announce his decision, I was just emailed.

I don't know who it is going to be yet, and while I heard he was in awe at his visit to Alabama, I don't think its them.

My money right now is on Clemson.. of course, I'm a ****ty gambler so that can change.

DraftBoy
06-15-2011, 07:19 PM
Chad has announced a press conference for Thursday at 3pm at St. Joe's to announce his decision, I was just emailed.

I don't know who it is going to be yet, and while I heard he was in awe at his visit to Alabama, I don't think its them.

My money right now is on Clemson.. of course, I'm a ****ty gambler so that can change.

It's Clemson, he'll be a Tiger next fall.

patmoran2006
06-15-2011, 08:26 PM
It's Clemson, he'll be a Tiger next fall.

I think so too, though I don't know for sure yet.. I know several people at St. Joe's, I'd like to find out beforehand but even if I did, I wouldn't report it. I think it would be over the line and a lack of class to ruin a kid's big moment by pre-reporting on a source.

Regardless, I'll be there for the press conference and it's exciting.. and rare to see a kid from WNY this heavily recruited.. I love it

Dr. Lecter
06-15-2011, 08:43 PM
Yeah Pat, class has always been your number 1 goal......

DraftBoy
06-15-2011, 09:34 PM
I think so too, though I don't know for sure yet.. I know several people at St. Joe's, I'd like to find out beforehand but even if I did, I wouldn't report it. I think it would be over the line and a lack of class to ruin a kid's big moment by pre-reporting on a source.

Regardless, I'll be there for the press conference and it's exciting.. and rare to see a kid from WNY this heavily recruited.. I love it

You're one of the only ones unwilling. Especially given its only a verbal.

Its all over the internet now that he is expected to be a Tiger tomorrow.

SabreEleven
06-16-2011, 12:50 PM
Did Chad Kelly make his announcement yet?

patmoran2006
06-16-2011, 01:20 PM
Did Chad Kelly make his announcement yet?

3pm press conference.
I'll let you know what happens and get a few pics

DraftBoy
06-16-2011, 02:10 PM
Its official, he's a Clemson Tiger.