X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thundering Buffalo
    • Jan 2010

If your routing to win on Sundays, don

If your routing to win on Sundays, don't ***** in April!
    Don't give me that crap that I'm not a fan because I'm routing for the Bills to get the #1 pick by lossing games. 7-9 and bad draft picks are the reason we are here today. We need to hit bottom in order to rebuild, which includes picking Luck and drafting at the top of the board in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounds where we can get impact players that can fill the holes this team has. If we win against Detroit and finished tied with Carolina for the #1 pick and they draft Luck, I can hear it now, "Damn Bills can't do anything right". I 'm a huge Bills fan and I hope we are competitive, but lose the rest of the season, now that I unleached the 800lb gorilla, think about it before you tell me I'm full of crap. Does 3-13 make you feel any better when Goodell says, " And with the first draft pick in 2011 the Carolina Panthers select....Andrew Luck out of Stanford."
  • MikeInRoch
    • Sep 2003

Re: If your routing to win on Sundays, don

I have thought about it. You are full of crap. If you are truly a Bills fan, you simply cannot root for your team to lost games.
    "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

I will NEVER root for the Bills to lose, nor will I ***** in April. I will hope we make the best selection possible with whatever pick we have.

How can a fan EVER pull for his team to lose?
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• psubills62
        Legendary Zoner
        • Sep 2008

you're
        rooting
        unleashed

I root for the Bills to win, period.
        "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
        - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• billsfanryan
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
          I will NEVER root for the Bills to lose, nor will I ***** in April. I will hope we make the best selection possible with whatever pick we have.

How can a fan EVER pull for his team to lose?
          I agree completely.

We aren't bad because we were 7-9 and drafting outside of the top 10. We are bad because who ever was making the decision as to WHO to draft is an idiot. Unfortunately that idiot is still here. Someone NEEDS to fire tom modrak

Comment

• Stewie
            Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
            • Aug 2002

Let's learn how to lose now so we might win later.

A perfect mentality if you want to be a loser forever.
            Originally posted by Topdog
            Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
            Originally posted by mercyrule
            I love Weiner.
            Originally posted by mercyrule
            also cheese

Comment

• The King
              Without me it's just Awe so
              • Jun 2004

A young team trying every week, needs a w. An 0-16 season, would cripple this team mentally.

Let's Go Buffalo!
              I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
              "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
              You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
              It was all
              true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
              He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
              mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                • May 2003

I will root for them to win and I will root for them in April. I will never hope the Bills lose. If they lose I am ok with it, but i will never hope my team loses.

Comment

• Philagape
                  WIN NOW
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Thundering Buffalo
                  7-9 and bad draft picks are the reason we are here today.
                  ANY record and bad draft picks will result in this.

Good drafts can happen with any record, too.
                  "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                  2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• DBrown77
                    Watching the Bills suck since 1999
                    • Mar 2005

Will Carolina draft a QB when they already drafted Claussen and Pike? John Fox will not be there next year so it depends on the new regime.

Comment

• Novacane
                      • Jul 2002

I'm rooting for the Bills. I'm just rooting for Carolina and Dallas too.

Comment

• TigerJ
                        • Jul 2002

Whatever floats your boat.

I happen to hold a philosophy that developing team chemistry, a good work ethic, and a winning attitude are always more important than trying to pin hopes on a single player, and losing tends to work against those things.
                        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by billsfanryan
                          I agree completely.

We aren't bad because we were 7-9 and drafting outside of the top 10. We are bad because who ever was making the decision as to WHO to draft is an idiot. Unfortunately that idiot is still here. Someone NEEDS to fire tom modrak
                          This is the key right here.

Through all those 7-9 seasons, there were good players available when the Bills drafted. Our FO was just stupid about who they selected.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• psubills62
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Sep 2008

It amuses me when people talk about what they're rooting for. Obviously some people are rooting for the #1 pick, some people are rooting for the team to win no matter what.

But what does it matter? Like any one person's cheering interests actually affect how the team does?

I'll always root for the team to win. Whatever happens...I'll respond accordingly. If they win, I'll be happy for the win. If they lose, I'll be somewhat depressed but have no problem with getting the #1 overall pick.
                            "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                            - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• T-Long
                              Circling the Wagons since 1982.
                              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Thundering Buffalo
                              If your routing to win on Sundays, don't ***** in April!
                              Don't give me that crap that I'm not a fan because I'm routing for the Bills to get the #1 pick by lossing games. 7-9 and bad draft picks are the reason we are here today. We need to hit bottom in order to rebuild, which includes picking Luck and drafting at the top of the board in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounds where we can get impact players that can fill the holes this team has. If we win against Detroit and finished tied with Carolina for the #1 pick and they draft Luck, I can hear it now, "Damn Bills can't do anything right". I 'm a huge Bills fan and I hope we are competitive, but lose the rest of the season, now that I unleached the 800lb gorilla, think about it before you tell me I'm full of crap. Does 3-13 make you feel any better when Goodell says, " And with the first draft pick in 2011 the Carolina Panthers select....Andrew Luck out of Stanford."
                              I don't fully agree, but I do understand the argument. I agree that the team needs to bottom out to have a chance of landing Luck. But what happens if we go 1-15 and Luck doesn't come out? I am not one to "root" for them to lose, but I'm honestly not as upset as I usually am when they do lose this season. It's weird, but the "pain" from the loss goes away by the next day...when before it would last till at least Wednesday.

Comment

Working...
                              X