PDA

View Full Version : Can we PLEASE enjoy this win...

Don't Panic
11-14-2010, 03:16 PM
...before talking about what this does to our chances for the #1 pick? Go Bills! Off the snide, baby!

imbondz
11-14-2010, 03:17 PM
YES!!!!!!!!!

mrbojanglezs
11-14-2010, 03:19 PM
why? this win means nothing i'd rather have andrew luck IMO, sure good to not go 0-16 but we need to lock up that 1st pick

and I'm not a bad fan, im a smart fan

G Wolly
11-14-2010, 03:20 PM
This win sucks.

BertSquirtgum
championship

Scumbag College
I don't know how anyone can piss and moan about the Bills finally winning one and ending the idea of going 0-16. It was ugly, sloppy, and sometimes just bad; but a win is a win.

Nighthawk
11-14-2010, 03:23 PM
We should be happy...this game proved that this team is going to have a hard time winning another game this year. I see 1-15 with how badly they performed today against mediocre competition.

airdog32
11-14-2010, 03:24 PM
why? this win means nothing i'd rather have andrew luck IMO, sure good to not go 0-16 but we need to lock up that 1st pick

you are not a smart fan you are a fan who wants to lose. Not one player or any legit fan shares your opinion so keep it to your self!!!!!

----------------------

Edited...

X-Era
11-14-2010, 03:24 PM
...before talking about what this does to our chances for the #1 pick? Go Bills! Off the snide, baby!Yes. My mouth is officially shut on the draft implications for the rest of the day. Enjoy the win.

mrbojanglezs
11-14-2010, 03:26 PM
you are not a smart fan you are a dumbass who wants to lose. Not one player or any legit fan shares your opinion so keep it to your self!!!!!

bull****, you are all the same people who will piss and moan when the guy we could have drafted is tearing it up on another team.

And I wouldn't call it I want to lose, its a love hate thing. I like watching competitive games but in the end, i know its doing nothing but harm to bringing this team out of the dump

X-Era
11-14-2010, 03:26 PM
We should be happy...this game proved that this team is going to have a hard time winning another game this year. I see 1-15 with how badly they performed today against mediocre competition.
I think it will be interesting to see what they do down the stretch. This win could propel them to starting to believe in themselves and what they could do.

Novacane
11-14-2010, 03:28 PM

Yep. They won but this looked like a step back. They ran into a team that is as bad as they are or they'd of blown this one too. Plus look what a little bad weather did to Fitz. We still need a QB.

Novacane
11-14-2010, 03:30 PM
I think it will be interesting to see what they do down the stretch. This win could propel them to starting to believe in themselves and what they could do.

They don't get to play the Lions again. Believing in themselves won't help :lol:

Mad Bomber
11-14-2010, 03:43 PM
We might be able to beat the Bengals as well.

Nighthawk
11-14-2010, 03:44 PM
We might be able to beat the Bengals as well.

I doubt it....they can put up points and we can't stop anything. I don't see that as a loss.

Mad Bomber
11-14-2010, 03:45 PM
Yes. My mouth is officially shut on the draft implications for the rest of the day. Enjoy the win.
Thank you, Adam....

To all the people who want us to lose out....

**** YOU!!!!

airdog32
11-14-2010, 03:47 PM
bull****, you are all the same people who will piss and moan when the guy we could have drafted is tearing it up on another team.

And I wouldn't call it I want to lose, its a love hate thing. I like watching competitive games but in the end, i know its doing nothing but harm to bringing this team out of the dump
Why would you play for a pick? No one knows what will happen! Its not even a given that Luck comes out and what if he gets hurt? Playin for a pick is a poor excuse and not one any real fan of this team should have! if you want to root for a loser go ahead and root for someone else!!!!!

Novacane
11-14-2010, 03:49 PM
Cinci hung with Indy today. We are not beating them. Especially on the road.

MikeInRoch
11-14-2010, 03:50 PM

Rooting for losses should be a bannable offense.

Johnny Bugmenot
11-14-2010, 03:52 PM
Rooting for losses should be a bannable offense.
So should rooting for lower draft picks when there's no hope for playoffs.

Johnny Bugmenot
11-14-2010, 03:53 PM
Why would you play for a pick? No one knows what will happen! Its not even a given that Luck comes out and what if he gets hurt? Playin for a pick is a poor excuse and not one any real fan of this team should have! if you want to root for a loser go ahead and root for someone else!!!!!
Because in order to get the next Peyton Manning, you have to be in position to get the next Peyton Manning.

This team will not satisfy me until they make the PLAYOFFS. Period. This team can't do it. Until they prove me otherwise, I want better talent.

Philagape
11-14-2010, 03:53 PM
The only time I piss and moan about the draft is if they make the wrong pick at the spot they're at. I've never bemoaned picks taken before theirs.
Wanting to lose for some kid who's never played a down in the NFL, and who we don't even know will come out, is not only bad fanhood, it's just plain stupid.
No college player is worth losing for. None at all.

Mr. Pink
11-14-2010, 03:54 PM
So should rooting for lower draft picks when there's no hope for playoffs.

Now you just have to be a Panthers fan and hope they can pick up a W somewhere.

They have Baltimore, Cleveland, Seattle, Falcons twice, Cardinals, Steelers left.

They could win 2 of those, Seattle and Arizona.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
11-14-2010, 04:00 PM
you are not a smart fan you are a fan who wants to lose. Not one player or any legit fan shares your opinion so keep it to your self!!!!!

----------------------

Edited...
sorry but you are so very freaking wrong

airdog32
11-14-2010, 04:02 PM
how?

airdog32
11-14-2010, 04:07 PM
Because in order to get the next Peyton Manning, you have to be in position to get the next Peyton Manning.

This team will not satisfy me until they make the PLAYOFFS. Period. This team can't do it. Until they prove me otherwise, I want better talent.

We dont have to suck to get the next Manning! we can still be competitive and lose! but routing for loses is not anything a fan should do! The only way this Franchise gets better id through the FO and we are laying the foundation as we speak it it all starts with winning, no future pick can gaurente wins! play for here and now!

Figster
11-14-2010, 04:13 PM

Myself personally, I'll take Cameron Newton over a fella that probably doesn't want to come here anyway, ( not saying that Cam does )

This Bills team needs to learn how to win in my opinion, worry about the draft later.

Was it just me or did Gailey, look a little teary eyed at the end of the Game,

airdog32
11-14-2010, 04:15 PM
youre wrong to so keep your loser attitude to your self!

X-Era
11-14-2010, 04:24 PM
Whether your rooting for wins now or rooting to be able to get players who you think will get you wins, your rooting for wins.

Regardless, the Bills just won so let's just enjoy that.

Johnny Bugmenot
11-14-2010, 05:08 PM
We dont have to suck to get the next Manning! we can still be competitive and lose! but routing for loses is not anything a fan should do! The only way this Franchise gets better id through the FO and we are laying the foundation as we speak it it all starts with winning, no future pick can gaurente wins! play for here and now!
But they didn't -- they won. Winning now does not help this team next year. In fact it hurts them in draft position, not just in round 1 but all the way down the draft. The last thing I want to see is Carolina, or worse, big-money Dallas, winning the sweepstakes, while the Bills lose out again.

SquishDaFish
11-14-2010, 05:14 PM
But they didn't -- they won. Winning now does not help this team next year. In fact it hurts them in draft position, not just in round 1 but all the way down the draft. The last thing I want to see is Carolina, or worse, big-money Dallas, winning the sweepstakes, while the Bills lose out again.

Your reasoning is dumb plain and simple. The draft is a CRAPSHOOT it all depends on if we pick the right guy. No matter where we picked in the last few years we SCREWED up that pick. what makes you think they get a #1 right LOL. Have to go with what we have and hope they get their pick right.

Nighthawk
11-14-2010, 05:16 PM
Wow...many of you have to get over yourselves. Everybody is a fan and everybody wants the best for this organization. Now, what they think is best for the organization may differ, but it doesn't change the fact that they are a Bills fan. If you think you're better then anybody else, then you're a f'n loser.

Carry on...that's all...

Mr. Pink
11-14-2010, 05:40 PM

Dallas will win games.

mrbojanglezs
11-14-2010, 06:01 PM
Dallas will win games.

no one is worried about dallas, its carolina you need to look out for

Don't Panic
11-14-2010, 06:18 PM

That's all I was asking. Tomorrow we can go back to figuring out who Carolina needs to beat to secure us with the #1 pick. But today, we are winners... and for that I am happy. Truly, legitimately, bounce-in-my-step, happy.

Novacane
11-14-2010, 06:54 PM
Dallas won. San Fran won. :bf1: Our only real competition for #1 is Carolina.

Nighthawk
11-14-2010, 07:01 PM
Dallas won. San Fran won. :bf1: Our only real competition for #1 is Carolina.

Yep...all in all a good day for the Bills.

Mr. Pink
11-14-2010, 07:17 PM
no one is worried about dallas, its carolina you need to look out for

Johnny was worried about Dallas from his post.

TheBrownBear
11-14-2010, 11:04 PM
I'm happy. It wasn't pretty but I think it could be the start of a positive run here to end the season. I get the feeling that there was a little bit of a mental hangup about not having won yet that was causing some of the jitters we've seen in the past three weeks. Now that we've got one under our belt, I think more are on the way. My guess is that we'll be a four or five win team by the end of the year. (sorry, "race for the #1 pick" guys)

And to those who say that the Lions are a crap team so this win is meaningless - take a look at their schedule and results. They might be 2-7 but they've played everyone tough - just couldn't close the deal.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-14-2010, 11:13 PM
Carolina might give Clausen a year

BuffaloBlitz83
11-14-2010, 11:16 PM
Biggest threat is SF, Vikes and AZ. They all want a QB for sure.

Stewie
11-15-2010, 08:05 AM

This is borderline delusional.

Winning games is doing nothing but harm for an organization that wants to win.

What?

Cleve
11-15-2010, 09:25 AM
It was hard to enjoy that win yesterday - The passing game was mostly horrid - only 139 yards of passing by Fitzpatrick. Fred Jackson gained more yards than the Bills quarterback. The defense did a good job - but the offense just couldn't put the Lions down for the count - giving up a 5 minute time of possession advantage to the Lions.

Remember the Bills had the advantage of home field, and even then the Bills just barely hung on to edge out one of the worst teams in the NFL. This was no victory over the Giants or Steelers.

It's not the sort of victory that gives any illusions the team is on the right path or rebuilding. It's sort of like "well, the odds were we had to squeak out a win sooner or later"

The one difference in Fitzpatrick's play yesterday - he didn't throw the devastating interception like he always does.

justasportsfan
11-15-2010, 09:53 AM
BIlls lose, it's a problem. Bills win it's a problem.

:coocoo:

cocamide
11-15-2010, 10:14 AM
Cinci hung with Indy today. We are not beating them. Especially on the road.

Looking at how a team played one week says nothing about how they'll play in another. Detroit took the Jets to overtime, and the Jets absolutely destroyed us. So, by your logic, I should've put some money on the Lions to beat us. Good thing I didn't.

Johnny Bugmenot
11-15-2010, 10:23 AM
This is borderline delusional.

Winning games is doing nothing but harm for an organization that wants to win.

What?
Correction:

Winning games NOW is doing nothing but harm for an organization that wants to win IN THE LONG TERM.

There is an important distinction.

Stewie
11-15-2010, 10:51 AM
Correction:

Winning games NOW is doing nothing but harm for an organization that wants to win IN THE LONG TERM.

Distinguish it all you want, it's still delusional.

You play to win the game! Losing begets losing attitudes.

As proof, we have a large contingent of fans who WANT THE TEAM TO LOSE!

You want to win later then START WINNING NOW so then you can also WIN LATER.

and I quote...
"I DON'T CARE IF YOU HAVE DON'T HAVE ANY WINS, YOU GO PLAY TO WIN. WHEN YOU START TELLING ME IT DOESN'T MATTER, THEN RETIRE, GET OUT. 'CAUSE IT MATTERS. THIS WHOLE CONVERSATION BOTHERS ME"

(caps was from Herm, not me :P)

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px;">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IMk5sMHj58I?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" height="390" width="640"></object>

bluerosekiller
11-15-2010, 02:05 PM
Correction:

There's absolutely NO truth to that logic whatsoever.
None.

We just beat a team that has had HOW many high draft picks for HOW many years in a row?
By your logic, they should be in contention for the Superbowl.
But they're not. Instead they lost to the only winless team in the League.
A lot of good all their superior draft positions have done for them, huh?

TedMock
11-15-2010, 02:29 PM
The entire argument is moot. Always, always root for your team to win. If winning puts us down the draft list...guess what? It doesn't matter this year! Luckily, for us, the team has several glaring needs and not one is greater than the others, so we will be filling a huge need with a high pick regardless of whether we draft 1st or 4th. Most likely, we are going to end up with the highest player at the position and the highest player on the board. If we don't land Luck (if he even comes out) at number one, we still have a golden opportunity to land an equally glaring need on the lines, OLB, WR, etc. It's great to be a Bills fan!

ServoBillieves
11-15-2010, 03:55 PM
http://cmsimg.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?NewTbl=1&Site=A2&Date=20101114&Category=BILLSPHOTO&ArtNo=11150801&Ref=PH&Item=25&Maxw=542&Maxh=352&q=60

Looks like Mikey enjoyed the game...

Don't Panic
11-15-2010, 06:24 PM
and I quote...
"I DON'T CARE IF YOU HAVE DON'T HAVE ANY WINS, YOU GO PLAY TO WIN. WHEN YOU START TELLING ME IT DOESN'T MATTER, THEN RETIRE, GET OUT. 'CAUSE IT MATTERS. THIS WHOLE CONVERSATION BOTHERS ME"

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px;">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IMk5sMHj58I?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

nice...

Johnny Bugmenot
11-15-2010, 08:28 PM
Distinguish it all you want, it's still delusional.

You play to win the game! Losing begets losing attitudes.

As proof, we have a large contingent of fans who WANT THE TEAM TO LOSE!

You want to win later then START WINNING NOW so then you can also WIN LATER.

and I quote...

From a man who has a career win percentage of .422.

He has about as much authority as Kenny Rogers... and to quote him...

"You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em,
Know when to walk away, know when to run."

Clearly Chan and Herm don't know when to fold 'em. Jerry Jones obviously does. If you think for one moment that the Cowboys are a 2-7 club I have some nice oceanfront land for you out in Nebraska. Nobody's talking to them about having to win. They want Andrew Luck so they can use Romo as trade bait. This is what the Bills are up against.

Johnny Bugmenot
11-15-2010, 08:31 PM
There's absolutely NO truth to that logic whatsoever.
None.

We just beat a team that has had HOW many high draft picks for HOW many years in a row?
By your logic, they should be in contention for the Superbowl.
But they're not. Instead they lost to the only winless team in the League.
A lot of good all their superior draft positions have done for them, huh?
Just because they botched their draft picks doesn't mean they didn't have the opportunity to make themselves better. They had a very bad front office led by Matt Millen. In order to get the top picks that will contribute, you need 1) a very poor record and 2) a very good front office. Both. The Lions had 1) but not 2). The Bills haven't had the 1) yet and there are people here who still want to stop 1) from happening.

Don't Panic
11-16-2010, 04:30 AM
If you think for one moment that the Cowboys are a 2-7 club I have some nice oceanfront land for you out in Nebraska.

Dude - the Cowboys have 2 wins and 7 losses, so yes, they ARE a 2-7 team. The aren't tanking, they were just poorly led. By your logic, Jerry Jones should be pissed with the shalacking they just put on one of the best teams in football. But I guarantee you yesterday was one of the happiest days in that office at Cowboys Stadium since some time in September.

The Bills have 1 win and 8 losses, instead of 0 wins and 9 losses and for this, most fans (key word) of the team are happy.

Your logic is terribly flawed, most likely as a result of the psychological effects all of this losing has had on you. Just let things play themselves out and see what comes of it rather than wasting all this negative energy defending something that may never happen.