PDA

View Full Version : Fitz=Shaun Hill=Kitna

BuffaloBlitz83
11-14-2010, 04:25 PM
They are all the same. Good backups, forced to start. We've sucked for so long some fans actually want to pass on a QB in hopeless hope they struck gold. Do you think in Detroit or Dallas fans would pass on a guy with a much higher upside regardless of potential bust factor for either guy. Yes I know both teams have Stafford and Romo.

But the point is some of you guys are clueless if you think Fitz has any potential to be a franchise QB

Novacane
11-14-2010, 04:34 PM
Come on BB. Don't you realize Fitz is the next Kurt Warner?

BuffaloBlitz83
11-14-2010, 04:51 PM
Come on BB. Don't you realize Fitz is the next Kurt Warner?

LOL I forgot!

Johnny Bugmenot
11-14-2010, 05:17 PM
I don't question the fact that Fitz isn't a career backup. The question is what we have in Brohm. Unfortunately, because our brilliant coaching staff picked the worst candidate (Edwards) out of the three in the supposedly open competition only to cut him three weeks into the season, we still don't know.

That is the only excuse I could understand for passing up a potential franchise QB, and they'd better pick another position of need. Fitz is OK, but that's it-- he's OK. Not starting material, but enough to hold you over until a real starter shows up.

Forward_Lateral
11-14-2010, 07:10 PM
Nice thread after a win.

----------------------------

Edited

BertSquirtgum
11-14-2010, 08:28 PM
i would take kitna over fitz.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-14-2010, 09:08 PM

I'd take Shaun Hill over both. But Andrew Luck or Mallet over all 3 in heartbeat

Spiderweb
11-15-2010, 02:15 AM
Nice thread after a win. Moron.

Maybe, but while Fitz avoided the big mistakes, he did not play well and his scatter shot arm showed up big time today. Fitz has so many positives, unfortunately, one of them isn't consistent accuracy and that's a deal breaker long term.

A win is always nice, but no delusions allowed. We still managed to almost blow it in the 4th.

Extremebillsfan247
11-15-2010, 05:46 AM
They are all the same. Good backups, forced to start. We've sucked for so long some fans actually want to pass on a QB in hopeless hope they struck gold. Do you think in Detroit or Dallas fans would pass on a guy with a much higher upside regardless of potential bust factor for either guy. Yes I know both teams have Stafford and Romo.

But the point is some of you guys are clueless if you think Fitz has any potential to be a franchise QB

The offseason is a miserable time of the year for football fans. There will be plenty of time to fantasize about a future franchise QB then. Why waste time during the regular season with it? Not everyone is in the Fitz corner, but there are some of us who think he is having a really good year despite the horrible record.

What Chan has done with him is amazing. But if you bury your head in the sand because you want the top QB in the draft, then you miss out on things like that. Gailey is showing how he can work with that backup QB and actually turn him into a viable threat behind center. Its not something that should be ignored because its Fitz, it should be encouraged because of who engineered it, Chan Gailey. JMO...

Saratoga Slim
11-15-2010, 08:48 AM
I think the other reason to stop worrying about this now is that there is still a ton of football to be played before the draft order is set.

If I had to guess, after seeing Carolina play the past couple weeks, and how we're playing, I'd wager that Carolina's going to get the top draft pick and it's not going to be decided on strength of schedule.

trapezeus
11-15-2010, 09:19 AM
i just don't get these types of threads at all. just because fitz has been capable as a starter, i don't think many people are saying he's the long term answer. So why start a thread putting words in people's mouths?

WeAreArthurMoates
11-15-2010, 09:41 AM

Your insane....

BertSquirtgum
11-15-2010, 09:53 AM
kitna would have made that pass to stevie J yesterday and the score would have been 21-6. quite a big difference. fitz blows, his success and numbers are a product of chan. i can only imagine what chan would do with a starting caliber quarterback.