PDA

View Full Version : The D stepped up today

Forward_Lateral
11-14-2010, 05:37 PM
I thought today was the best the D has played all season. Kelsay was actually a force, Kyle Williams played well, and all the LBs played very well. Still can't get good pressure consistently, but I did like some of the blitzes Edwards called.

Kudos to the D.

justasportsfan
11-14-2010, 06:11 PM
the O still can't finish but the D did it for them.

Oldbillsfan
11-14-2010, 06:45 PM
So did they abandon the 3-4?

YardRat
11-14-2010, 06:54 PM
Sounded like they blitzed an awful lot today. I think they played pretty decent last week also.

Forward_Lateral
11-14-2010, 07:03 PM
I agree they played well last week, and vs the Chefs, but this week they actually won.

BertSquirtgum
11-14-2010, 08:30 PM
with a couple more key pieces this defense could be pretty good.

Buffalogic
11-14-2010, 11:22 PM
I murder Kelsay every week when he deserves it but he actually looked like an NFL player today so he deserves praise.

psubills62
11-14-2010, 11:25 PM
Actually, I've read a couple of different times that they switched back to a 3-4 last week, and I noticed it more this week. Not sure exactly what they changed - they may have simply told Kyle Williams, "Hey, don't bother trying to fill gaps, just shoot them."

Spiderweb
11-15-2010, 02:05 AM
the O still can't finish but the D did it for them.

???? Not to rain on the parade, I enjoyed the game and savored the win. Yet the D did not close the deal. They played well for 3 quarters but come the 4th, they couldn't get off the field. The Lions, rolled up 187 yards in the final period. Results were a missed field goal, a field goal and a 15 play drive for a TD to end the game. How many 4th downs did they convert on that final drive? They converted on 3. Two were for first downs and the third, for a a TD.

Offense didn't seal the deal although Fitz had a good opportunity but severely underthrew (again) Johnson deep. Lindell's missed FG was huge as well.

The Lions simply ran out of time.....

Yes, I'll take the win, but I wasn't pleased with either our 4th quarter offense, or our 4th quarter defense.

Saratoga Slim
11-15-2010, 08:27 AM
Great effort on the whole. Play like that, and we'll win more than lose.

I still don't understand how it was that Calvin Johnson was being covered by a freaking linebacker (Poz) on the almost game-tying touchdown. But other than that mistake, they do seem to be getting it together.

justasportsfan
11-15-2010, 11:58 AM
???? Not to rain on the parade, I enjoyed the game and savored the win. Yet the D did not close the deal. They played well for 3 quarters but come the 4th, they couldn't get off the field. The Lions, rolled up 187 yards in the final period. Results were a missed field goal, a field goal and a 15 play drive for a TD to end the game. How many 4th downs did they convert on that final drive? They converted on 3. Two were for first downs and the third, for a a TD. .the last play of the game is what sealed it. They closed the game.

Offense didn't seal the deal although Fitz had a good opportunity but severely underthrew (again) Johnson deep. Lindell's missed FG was huge as well.

The Lions simply ran out of time.....

Yes, I'll take the win, but I wasn't pleased with either our 4th quarter offense, or our 4th quarter defense.

Just like the kansas game or the ravens game, the O did NOT seal the game or put the nail on the coffin so to speak. They played very on those games , but they did not finish when they needed to.

Finishing the game is making plays to end the game or win at crunch time.