• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

Bills - Lions Kelly's and Ferragamo's and Observations from the game

Kelly's

1. Fred Jackson: He ran hard and tough. He made plays. He scored twice. (hate the fumble though)

2. Chris Kelsay: Yes - really. In the first half he was all over the field.That included drawing a holding penalty

3. Leodis McKelvin - Very good. Broke-up passes. Looked very good in the return game. In fact his returns were nearly outstanding for having not been doing them all year. The dropped punt was not good, but in his defense the wind whipped up while the punt was in the air.

4. Chan Gailey - A good mix on play calling. He let Fitz air the ball out early, when the Lions were loading the line. Once they dropped off, he called run after run after run. He went back to Stevie Johnson after Johnson's drop. A few times I would have liked to have seen a different call (with 9 minutes left he called 3 straight runs), but overall he did very well.

5. Donte Whitner - He played very well again. Calvin Johnson pulled up from a possible long play late because he saw Whitner coming (not bad for a guy who never has big hits, eh?). He made plays on the run. Broke up passes. Got pressure and made Hill hurry a pass. Tipped the ball that Edwards picked (it would have been nice had he caught it clearly).

6. Interior Oline - Suh made a few plays, but was pretty damn quiet. Nice to keep him in check, not many teams have done so.

7. Kyle Williams - Very good again today. He made plays all over the field. He is working out NT, but the 4-3 helps him.

8. Reggie Torbor - he actually made the tackles after getting penetration.

9. Dwan Edwards - He finally made a few plays!!!!

10. Moorman - one bad punt, but he pinned the Lions at the 12, 12 and 4.

11. Poz - Yes he was beat by Johnson, but I don't think any MLB would not be. He made a ton of tackles, many of which were around the LOS. 29 carries for 76 yards? The RBs had 24 carries for 58 yards? He did something right.

Ferragamo's

1. Wrotto - He made me miss Cornell Green. Yes, he was that bad. Just horrible.

2. Detroit O-Line - Holy false starts Batman.

3. Detroit D-Line - Holy Encroachment Batman

4. Bills ticket office - Your computers are down for 40 minutes on gameday? Really? C'mon. Reboot the piece of ****.

5. Bills Tight Ends - I saw David Martin miss some key blocks, including one on a Freddie reception that was a 2 yard loss instead of a 5 yard gain. And they were targeted for as many passes as I was today. As a former HS TE, I once again offer my services to the Bills. I won't be worse. I promise.

All in all, it was a great win and fun to be at. In classic Bills fashion, they made all of us nervous. But the coverage on the 2 point conversion attempt was superb. Everybody was blanketed. They were not going to let Johnson get free. Or Pettigrew.
    Last edited by Dr. Lecter; 11-14-2010, 06:32 PM.
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.
  • colin
    Drew's my hero!
    • Jul 2002

Re: Bills - Lions Kelly's and Ferragamo's and Observations from the game

forgive me if i should know this, but where did you hear all this?

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
      Making Spirits Bright
      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by colin
      It's just his opinion, feel free to add to it if you have any others.

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

I listened to the game while intermittently hanging xmas lights between raindrops and posting here, but it sounded like...

Kelly's-

Whitner may have had his best game of this season.
        Freddie returned to 'stud'.
        The front seven on defense played really well, and the defense did decent overall keeping Best and the TE's in check for the most part.

Ferragamo's-

Fitz missed more open receivers than usual, but at least he didn't throw a pick.
        Gailey got a touch too conservative with the play calling in the second half.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
          Zero for Zero!
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by YardRat
          I listened to the game while intermittently hanging xmas lights between raindrops and posting here, but it sounded like...

Kelly's-

Whitner may have had his best game of this season.
          Freddie returned to 'stud'.
          The front seven on defense played really well, and the defense did decent overall keeping Best and the TE's in check for the most part.

Ferragamo's-

Fitz missed more open receivers than usual, but at least he didn't throw a pick.
          Gailey got a touch too conservative with the play calling in the second half.
          1. I was just arguing with somebody who said he was too aggressive in the 2nd half.

2. I am going to add YardRat to my Ferragamo list - hanging Christmas lights two weeks before Thanksgiving?????? WTF????

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
            Will not tolerate vandalism.
            • Apr 2006

Originally posted by colin
            Kelly's and Ferragamo's -- another term for "props and drops," "stars and bags,"
            "thumbs up/thumbs down," etc. Not the actual QBs' opinions.

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter
              1. I was just arguing with somebody who said he was too aggressive in the 2nd half.

2. I am going to add YardRat to my Ferragamo list - hanging Christmas lights two weeks before Thanksgiving?????? WTF????
              Down here you take advantage of the nice weather this time of year. If I wait until next week it could be zero degrees with snow up to my ass. This is a little bit different than the pussies near or in the city that think they get a lot of snow.

I won't turn them on until after Thanksgiving, if that makes you feel any better.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

Down here you take advantage of the nice weather this time of year. If I wait until next week it could be zero degrees with snow up to my ass. This is a little bit different than the pussies near or in the city that think they get a lot of snow.

I won't turn them on until after Thanksgiving, if that makes you feel any better.
                We were almost 60 on Friday, so I put up the Christmas lights Friday afternoon for my parents, who were both out of town. They won't get turned on until after Thanksgiving, but it beats putting them up in the 30's or in the snow.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                  Zero for Zero!
                  • Mar 2003

I know what the weather is like down there.

But now that Mike has agreed with, I rest my case.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                    • May 2009

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter

we put up christmas lights today as well. it's a lot nicer and easier putting up lights in 60 degree weather compared to 40 degree weather.

Comment

• tampabay25690
                      • Feb 2004

I dont know about you guys but are Defense plays much better in the 4-3....
                      GO Gators!!!!!!
                      GO GATORS!!

Comment

• YardRat
                        Well, lookie here...
                        • Dec 2004

If my working on xmas lights and listening to the game on the radio = a Bill's win, I'll start putting the ****ers up on Labor Day weekend next season.
                        YardRat Wall of Fame
                        #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

Working...
                        X