GOOD NEWS!!!!!! in terms of Tiebreaker with Carolina!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrbojanglezs
    • Jan 2010

GOOD NEWS!!!!!! in terms of Tiebreaker with Carolina!!!!

Ok, so i ran the calculations.

As of this week we are losing the SOS battle:

Our average team win % was .609 and carolinas was .562 as of THIS WEEK

so currently we lose the tiebreaker

BUT if you go all the way down for the whole schedule using CURRENT RECORDS.

WE WIN THE TIEBREAKER!!!

Our (projected) SOS by win % will be .5755 and carolina will be .5773

Therefore they finish with the harder schedule and we end up with the first pick......

good news, obviously this means nothing as of now because records change, but I have a more positive outlook now.....

***EDIT***
    well bad news, with NE winning and Pitt losing we fall behind now

projected SOS for bills is .5738 win %
    For carolina it is .57205 win %

I can update weekly to tell you whats the latest
    Last edited by mrbojanglezs; 11-15-2010, 03:22 PM.
  • T-Long
    Circling the Wagons since 1982.
    • Sep 2003

Re: GOOD NEWS!!!!!! in terms of Tiebreaker with Carolina!!!!

Was just about to post this: Just saw it on GBN

Bills win; Bills win !!! .... It took awhile, but Buffalo finally got its first win of the year with a 14-12 win over Detroit. Who has #1 pick overall were the 2011 draft held today, though, won't be decided until after the Dallas-Giants game. A Dallas loss and the Cowboys would have the first pick, followed by Buffalo and Carolina; a Dallas win, though, and Buffalo would still pick first, followed by Carolina. As usual, the full, updated selection order for the opening round of the upcoming draft will be posted after the Monday night game.

Comment

• THRILLHO
      This is great, and all I've done is enter my name!
      • Feb 2009

Dont know why people are getting their panties into a bundle with tie breakers already. Still have 7 games to play and a lot will change. Lets just concentrate on winning.
      True fans want wins, not draft picks.

Comment

• psubills62
        Legendary Zoner
        • Sep 2008

Problem is that Carolina is now entering the difficult part of their schedule. Starting with the game vs. Detroit, we're entering the easier section of our schedule. Carolina may be able to win 1 or 2 more, but I expect us to be able to win 1 or 2 more as well.
        "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
        - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Syderick
          • Apr 2006

Trying to get the number 1 pick in the draft is rediculous.Try to win as many games as you can. Plus would Carolina want to draft a QB after getting Jimmy Clausen this year?
          Last edited by Syderick; 11-14-2010, 10:56 PM.
          3,000,000th post on BZ!

Comment

• psubills62
            Legendary Zoner
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by syd1364
            Trying to get the number 1 pick in the draft is rediculous.Try to win as many games as you can. Plus would Carolina want to draft a QB after getting Jimmy Clausen this year?
            Yes...
            "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
            - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Ingtar33
              Dances With Buffaloes
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by syd1364
              no one who's watched that trainwreck that is Jimmy Clausen would write those words.
              My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Syderick
                • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Ingtar33
                no one who's watched that trainwreck that is Jimmy Clausen would write those words.
                Yea but then again he's a rookie.
                3,000,000th post on BZ!

Comment

• X-Era
                  What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Ingtar33
                  They drafted two, Clausen was a 2nd rounder, and have a fairly young Matt Moore.

But yes, the QB spot is costing them which makes adding a franchise type QB a real possibility for them. But I could also see them pass if they think Clausen, Pike, or Moore could be there guy.
                  Last edited by X-Era; 11-15-2010, 07:19 AM.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                    Unreachable Douche
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by X-Era
                    But I could also see them pass if they think Clausen, Pike, or Moore could be there guy.
                    They would then trade the pick to a team that would draft Luck. Something Buffalo should also do if they receive the 1st pick.

The Bills need to build their defense.

Comment

• X-Era
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                      They would then trade the pick to a team that would draft Luck. Something Buffalo should also do if they receive the 1st pick.

The Bills need to build their defense.
                      Theres 6 other rounds to do that. And I dont put it past us to trade down if we decide we want Locker or Mallett.
                      Last edited by X-Era; 11-15-2010, 07:26 AM.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by X-Era
                        They drafted two, Clausen was a 2nd rounder, and have a fairly young Matt Moore.

But yes, the QB spot is costing them which makes adding a franchise type QB a real possibility for them. But I could also see them pass if they think Clausen, Pike, or Moore could be there guy.
                        They drafted three as Armanti Edwards really could be the best QB of the ones they drafted but they moved him to WR.

The point here is that Fox is almost 100% gone after the season so a new coach will want his guy in and that could easily be Luck.
                        COMING SOON...
                        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• X-Era
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                          They drafted three as Armanti Edwards really could be the best QB of the ones they drafted but they moved him to WR.

The point here is that Fox is almost 100% gone after the season so a new coach will want his guy in and that could easily be Luck.
                          On the pregame, Marino asked Cowher who he was going to take with the top pick.

It could easily be Cowher.

It could be Luck, but I could also see them go elsewhere.
                          Last edited by X-Era; 11-15-2010, 07:42 AM.

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
                            The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
                            • Feb 2005

cowher drafted rothlesberger and he knows the value of a top qb so if cowher goes to panthers and they have the top pick, Luck WILL come out and cowher WILL pick him.
                            If bills have top pick (You can mark my words here) Luck WILL NOT come out and bills will get screwed again
                            In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• X-Era
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by keithtr
                              cowher drafted rothlesberger and he knows the value of a top qb so if cowher goes to panthers and they have the top pick, Luck WILL come out and cowher WILL pick him.
                              If bills have top pick (You can mark my words here) Luck WILL NOT come out and bills will get screwed again
                              When is the end of the world? You seem to have all the sky-is-falling predictions. I just want to know how much time I have left.

Comment

Working...
                              X