PDA

View Full Version : Wood gets better of Lions star Suh

justasportsfan
11-15-2010, 10:00 AM
Buffalo Bills right guard Eric Wood said early last week that he would have to "bring his lunch" against Detroit Lions rookie defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh.

It must have been a delightful meal.

Wood more than held his own against the highly touted Suh. His performance was pivotal in the Bills' 14-12 win.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/article253263.ece

BertSquirtgum
11-15-2010, 10:10 AM
wood is the ****ing man.

WeAreArthurMoates
11-15-2010, 11:17 AM
Wood has been inconsistant so far in his career. A large part of that he was rookie, playing another position and then a devasting injury. Once he gets it together, he will be a beast.

SquishDaFish
11-15-2010, 02:48 PM
We are set at the two Guard spots IMO. Part of me hopes Wood moves to Center but at least we have 2 good young guys

Oaf
11-15-2010, 03:05 PM
I thought Suh was a force yesterday? :idunno:

hydro
11-15-2010, 03:39 PM
I thought Suh was a force yesterday? :idunno:

Not at all. He turned it on a little at the end of the game but other than that I never heard his name called.

Jan Reimers
11-15-2010, 03:51 PM
Our young O-line is developing into a solid unit. Along with the improvement of our WR corps, it has been a very pleasant surprise. Now, if Snawn Nelson can give us something at TE, we won't need as much help on the offensive side of the ball as it looked like earlier in the season.

alohabillsfan
11-15-2010, 04:13 PM
Our young O-line is developing into a solid unit. Along with the improvement of our WR corps, it has been a very pleasant surprise. Now, if Snawn Nelson can give us something at TE, we won't need as much help on the offensive side of the ball as it looked like earlier in the season.

itsw amazing what a seviceable decisive QB can do.

tomz
11-15-2010, 10:51 PM
We are set at the two Guard spots IMO. Part of me hopes Wood moves to Center but at least we have 2 good young guys

Yeah, pick up Mankins in the offseason as a FA (since he moreor less said he's totally annoyed with the Pats and will not re-sign) and move Wood to C.

psubills62
11-15-2010, 11:22 PM
Hopefully this is either 1) things finally clicking with Wood, or 2) Wood as a healthy veteran, and NOT one of A) a one-game performance, or B) Wood playing to the level of his direct opponent.

Bangarang
11-15-2010, 11:59 PM
Yeah, pick up Mankins in the offseason as a FA (since he moreor less said he's totally annoyed with the Pats and will not re-sign) and move Wood to C.

Mankins just signed an extension with the Pats.

SquishDaFish
11-16-2010, 04:44 AM
Mankins just signed an extension with the Pats.

Link? I dont remember hearing anything about an extension. Im pretty sure he didnt sign one. He did sign his tender to report but is a FA after this year.

ParanoidAndroid
11-16-2010, 05:21 AM
It was tough to get a push on them all day. I think Suh was definitely giving our run game fits until Jackson broke the 39 yarder later in the game. He was eating up blockers, taking on double teams, and their LB's were stuffing the holes.
Wood was good in his own right....give him plenty of credit. He'll be a strength on the offensive line. I'm just not sure you can say he got the better of Suh.

psubills62
11-16-2010, 09:15 AM
Link? I dont remember hearing anything about an extension. Im pretty sure he didnt sign one. He did sign his tender to report but is a FA after this year.

Yeah, I'm quite sure Mankins has not signed an extension.

Goobylal
11-16-2010, 09:22 AM
Mankins signed his tender, not an extension. The Pats don't want to give him one given the uncertainties surrounding the CBA, and they also don't want to pay him top-3 OG money anyway.

methos4ever
11-16-2010, 09:25 AM
Mankins is a LG, so we'd essentially create two issues with that move: moving Wood and getting Mankins used to RG.