PDA

View Full Version : Bills fans get a thumb's down

Dr. Lecter
11-15-2010, 10:16 AM
Damien Cox - Toronto Star: My thumb is down to the fans of Buffalo. I know that they've been beaten up a lot, but here's the problem. Last week the Bills were in Toronto, not a sellout crowd and about half of that crowd was cheering for the Bears. This week was a chance for the Bills to go home and get a big hug from the home fans and all would be well. But guess what? They couldn't sell enough tickets to lift the blackout so Sunday's game will not be seen locally at a time when somebody else is coveting your team and saying that they would like to move it. This would be a good time, it seems to me, for the Buffalo Bills' fans, despite the team's record as they are actually favourites on Sunday, to wrap their arms around this franchise.http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/dave_hodge/?id=341220

cocamide
11-15-2010, 10:19 AM
http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/dave_hodge/?id=341220

When did Canadians learn how to write?

Johnny Bugmenot
11-15-2010, 10:21 AM
Yeah, thumbs down for rejecting a losing team. Kind of like Dave Hodge and his disastrous one-year stint as Sabres play-by-play man.

The real thumbs down is that the stadium was as full as it was.

RockStar36
11-15-2010, 10:22 AM
That guy can blow me.

RockStar36
11-15-2010, 10:23 AM
I'd like to see what other team in the NFL could have that kind of turn out for an 0-8 team vs a 2-6 team in the rain and be that loud.

Jaybird
11-15-2010, 10:24 AM
When did Canadians learn how to write?

Relax! I am Canadian

and that show blows

cocamide
11-15-2010, 10:24 AM
The Bucs have been blacked out every single week down here and they're actually doing well. It's tough for people to afford the games these days. Screw this guy.

cocamide
11-15-2010, 10:26 AM
Relax! I am Canadian

and that show blows

Of course I'm joking. There's at least a handful of well-known Canadian authors.

http://particle.physics.ucdavis.edu/Canadians/authors.html

BertSquirtgum
11-15-2010, 10:30 AM
i hate morons from toronto

DraftBoy
11-15-2010, 10:33 AM
The Bucs have been blacked out every single week down here and they're actually doing well. It's tough for people to afford the games these days. Screw this guy.

The Bucs are also the best team in the NFC according to their coach...:snicker:

Pinkerton Security
11-15-2010, 10:34 AM
how about a thumbs down for the Bills "fans" in Toronto that didnt bother to buy ticket to the game there, allowing more Bears fans to attend?

OpIv37
11-15-2010, 10:42 AM
**** this tool.

You know what? If this team had been good for the last 5 or 6 years, then the fans bailed at the first sign of trouble this year, he'd have a point.

But this team has struggled for the last decade and STILL only had a handful of blackouts, all cold, meaningless games late in the season.

What about Jacksonville or Tampa Bay? They've had more blackouts than we have.

Novacane
11-15-2010, 10:42 AM
What a douche

mrbojanglezs
11-15-2010, 10:43 AM
that article doesn't even deserve the light of day

Cleve
11-15-2010, 10:44 AM
What a stupid contention. Poor attendance???

The Rogers Stadium maximum seating capacity when football is played is 54,000, and have they ever come close to selling it out for football games? OTOH The Bills had 56,700 fans in attendance on Sunday to watch two mediocre teams in a relatively meaningless game that had no divisional rivalry or repercussions attached to it.

So if the same crowd attending yesterday's game was in Toronto, Rogers Centre would have been bursting at the seams - with thousands left in the streets and foyers.

Also let's keep in mind the size of the two cities - the Buffalo metro population is 1.1 million. Toronto's metro population is 5.1 million - nearly 5 TIMES the size of Buffalo.

Thumbs down to Buffalo? The only thumb in question is the one firmly ensconced in this Canadian writer's ARSE!

Oldbillsfan
11-15-2010, 10:45 AM
The team hasn't made the playoffs in 10 years and this guy has a problem people aren't getting it up for an 0-8 team playing the Lions? Sellouts are becoming a problem because the NFL has overpriced their events.

If anything Bills fans deserve a pat on the back for the last decade of sellouts considering the product on the field.

RockStar36
11-15-2010, 10:45 AM
What about San Diego? Have they even sold out one game this season?

trapezeus
11-15-2010, 10:51 AM
i hate people who can't look at facts objectively.

a 50,000 seat stadium, indoors can't get sold out, but a 70,000+ stadium is over 3/4 full, in November with no playoff implications.

Oh, and by the way, it's our team. its like being annoyed that the guy who owns the ferrari doesn't drive it every day because you would. You don't have the car, toronto. We do. We'll drive it as we like.

hydro
11-15-2010, 10:52 AM
Well I am sure he will get his wish. Website hits and a bunch of angry emails.

better days
11-15-2010, 11:17 AM

Yeah, I live much closer to Ft Myers than Tampa in South Sarasota County, but am considered to be in the Tampa market. Can't even get the Bucs home games on the Ticket because of the blackout rule.

Lucky for me I can get Ft Myers Channels OTA. The Stadium in Tampa had many more empty seats last week than there were in Buffalo yesterday.

Lone Stranger
11-15-2010, 11:21 AM
His article is not worthy of comment.

justasportsfan
11-15-2010, 11:22 AM
thumbs down to Lecter for even giving this article some attention

imbondz
11-15-2010, 11:24 AM
I'd like to see what other team in the NFL could have that kind of turn out for an 0-8 team vs a 2-6 team in the rain and be that loud.

exactly. not many

hydro
11-15-2010, 11:25 AM
I would wipe myself with this article if it was in the paper.

better days
11-15-2010, 11:26 AM
exactly. not ANY

Fixed.

Kenny
11-15-2010, 11:35 AM
so you guys can talk all the **** you want when not enough Bills fans show up in Toronto... but when you cant sell out a game in Buffalo it's okay?

**** you all

Forward_Lateral
11-15-2010, 11:38 AM
First, that was written by Damien Cox, not Dave Hodge, for those than can't read.

Second, he's a moron.

Pinkerton Security
11-15-2010, 11:39 AM
so you guys can talk all the **** you want when not enough Bills fans show up in Toronto... but when you cant sell out a game in Buffalo it's okay?

**** you all

no, the point is that neither are OK...did you go to the game in Toronto, since you live there apparently?

ChristopherWalken
11-15-2010, 11:42 AM
Its the Buffalo Bills - not the Toronto Bills. There are several reasons why Bills fans aren't showing up to games recently but none more obvious than why fans are eluding seeing the Bills play in Toronto. Bills fans do not condone the notion nor do they intend to support it. If Rogers is half the business man that he claims to be, he would be wise to let the idea of the Bills moving to Toronto die as soon as this ******ed contract between Ralph and Rogers expires.

This guy is a total idiot and just trying to stir the pot.

justasportsfan
11-15-2010, 11:49 AM

**** you all

the problem with his article is that he points fingers to the fans in buffalo and yet toronto can't sell out the only regular game all season long? The other problem is the bears fans were louder than the bills fans in TO and the fans that did show up last sunday were louder than the entire TO fan base.

He should look at the TO fan base before he starts pointing fingers.

Nighthawk
11-15-2010, 12:03 PM
This is obvious a shot at trying to take the attention off of how awful the Toronto fans have been during the Bills in Toronto series. He is trying to deflect attention to true Bills fans instead of the jokers in Toronto.

bf1
11-15-2010, 12:06 PM
It's wrong to fault bills fnas like this guy did. But it's also wrong to fault toronto fans for not coming out last week. It's the same team. Sounds like this guy went on the defensive. He could have reasoned and just said "it's hard for anyone to sell out for a wineless team, not just toronto"

justasportsfan
11-15-2010, 12:13 PM
It's wrong to fault bills fnas like this guy did. But it's also wrong to fault toronto fans for not coming out last week.
the TO bears fans came out the TO bills fans have no excuse.

better days
11-15-2010, 12:21 PM

**** you all

Well, I wonder how many fans would have shown up in Toronto to watch the Lions instead of the Bears. If the Bears game had been in Buffalo instead of Toronto, it would have had a much better chance of selling out than the Lions game in Buffalo did...........& the Bills would have most likely won as well, with a home field advantage they did not have in Toronto.

RockStar36
11-15-2010, 12:47 PM
the TO bears fans came out the TO bills fans have no excuse.

It's more like Bears fans traveling to see their team play in Toronto. Bills fans have a lot of reasons to not support the game in Toronto and they effectively exercised their right to do so.

justasportsfan
11-15-2010, 12:57 PM
Bills fans have a lot of reasons to not support the game in Toronto and they effectively exercised their right to do so.
but why point a finger to only the bills fans in buffalo when the TO fans haven't done their part?

clumping platelets
11-15-2010, 01:49 PM
I would wipe myself with this article if it was in the paper.

I wouldn't.......that article is not worthy of my :moon:

THATHURMANATOR
11-15-2010, 03:19 PM
http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/dave_hodge/?id=341220
What a dumb Queer.

We have been selling out every game for years and years with no playoffs. There were still more people in the stands than in Toronto, and wouldn't you know it we were actually cheering for the Bills.

THATHURMANATOR
11-15-2010, 03:22 PM

**** you all
Yeah its not like it was our only one of the year and still couldn't sell it out.

Holy **** how stupid....

Crazygoo
11-15-2010, 04:17 PM
even when we dont sell out we have more fans then alot of NFL teams do fo a sell out

alohabillsfan
11-15-2010, 04:25 PM
– The Raiders have had 44 games on television and 77 blackouts since moving back to Oakland in 1995.

Nuff Said

YardRat
11-15-2010, 04:51 PM
The games in Buffalo will sell out again on a regular basis, especially if the team keeps progressing. I doubt if the games in Toronto will ever sell out, unless the team is actually geting nat'l attention as a SB contender.

Extremebillsfan247
11-15-2010, 04:58 PM
http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/dave_hodge/?id=341220 Umm 2 things come to mind here. One, the Bills don't play in a dome, so when the weather sucks, and the team has no wins, you can expect the attendance to sag just a bit. Second, the Blackout rule is implemented by the NFL, not Bills fans. If you have a problem with the rule, start up a petition, or write a story about that instead of throwing Bills fans under the bus who have been supporting this team long before Toronto could even spell football. lol JMO and I thought Jerry Sullivan was a bad reporter.

Johnny Bugmenot
11-15-2010, 07:07 PM
First, that was written by Damien Cox, not Dave Hodge, for those than can't read.

Second, he's a moron.
Dave Hodge was the one that published it.

mightysimi
11-15-2010, 10:41 PM
What a stupid contention. Poor attendance???

The Rogers Stadium maximum seating capacity when football is played is 54,000, and have they ever come close to selling it out for football games? OTOH The Bills had 56,700 fans in attendance on Sunday to watch two mediocre teams in a relatively meaningless game that had no divisional rivalry or repercussions attached to it.

So if the same crowd attending yesterday's game was in Toronto, Rogers Centre would have been bursting at the seams - with thousands left in the streets and foyers.

Also let's keep in mind the size of the two cities - the Buffalo metro population is 1.1 million. Toronto's metro population is 5.1 million - nearly 5 TIMES the size of Buffalo.

Thumbs down to Buffalo? The only thumb in question is the one firmly ensconced in this Canadian writer's ARSE!
Of course we know that all of the people at Bills games are from Buffalo. There is no possible way that anyone from that 5.1 million was there. As a Canadian I know everyone in Canada and I can confirm this.

BertSquirtgum
11-16-2010, 01:05 AM
the city of toronto people are ******ed *******s. canadians that i've met north and south of toronto didn't even seem to be from the same country. totally down to earth nice people. even a group of guys i met from montreal at a bills' game weren't as clueless as toronto "fans."

Forward_Lateral
11-16-2010, 06:12 AM
Dave Hodge was the one that published it.

It's a blog. He posts it every day.

SABURZFAN
11-16-2010, 04:58 PM
That guy can blow me.

stand in line with the rest of us. :up: