PDA

View Full Version : Running up the score

justasportsfan
11-15-2010, 12:10 PM
For it or against it?

I actually don't care either ways but if the winning coach does, I think the losing coach shouldn't ***** . You got owned. Deal with it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Todd-Haley-will-not-play-nice-with-Josh-McDaniel?urn=nfl-285527

Slim
11-15-2010, 12:13 PM
Haley is a little *****. The Chiefs are the Bills of 2008, and Haley is starting to realize it.

MikeInRoch
11-15-2010, 12:18 PM
I'm opposed to running up the score in high school and to some extent college (especially when two teams from different divisions are playing.)

In the pros, suck it up and deal. You want them to stop? Stop them.

ddaryl
11-15-2010, 12:23 PM
think of it as a gut check for you defense, and they failed miserably

better days
11-15-2010, 12:25 PM
I'm opposed to running up the score in high school and to some extent college (especially when two teams from different divisions are playing.)

I agree with you Mike, unfortunately in College a team gets a better rank by running up the score.

OpIv37
11-15-2010, 12:26 PM

I agree. I still think it's a dick move and classy coaches don't run up the score, but if you can't stop the other team, it's your fault, not theirs.

Mindbender
11-15-2010, 12:37 PM
It's a grown man's game. Play it. What is this T-ball?

RockStar36
11-15-2010, 12:45 PM
I don't even know how Denver ran up the score. This just proves more and more that Haley is not on this planet. I'd hate to have him as my coach.

Buffalogic
11-15-2010, 12:51 PM
Yeah, it's so cool to keep passing when you are up by 35 points...Run the clock out so everyone can go home don't be a dick and risk injury to everyone because you want to see a big number get bigger.

RockStar36
11-15-2010, 12:53 PM
As long as the other team is still trying to score, the team that is winning the game is obligated to also keep playing.

Static
11-15-2010, 12:58 PM
why does the team that is winning have to stop playing, if the losing team is so concerned about it let them forfeit.

justasportsfan
11-15-2010, 12:59 PM
charity

Cntrygal
11-15-2010, 01:05 PM

I agree.

ChristopherWalken
11-15-2010, 01:11 PM
Seems to me that if you whine and cry to the world that the opposing team is running up the score, than you are also saying to the world that your players are only as good as the opposing teams 2nd and 3rd team guys.

Its professionsl football - deal with it p***y.

ServoBillieves
11-15-2010, 01:15 PM
As Buffalo sports fans, we are all aware of "playing not to lose."

Not running up the score or just giving up with a lead seems to be what Lindy Ruff and previous Bills coaches have wanted to do, so, along with everyone else here so far, I agree with running up the score. If you can't stop em, it's your own damn fault. Remember they're still trying to win too.

Buffalogic
11-15-2010, 01:18 PM
Are you people serious?? It's obvious that the other team can't stop them if the deficit is 35+..

Ya, let's pass up 35 in the third quarter....Hello?! That's super gay!!

G Wolly
11-15-2010, 01:26 PM
These guys get paid to do a job.

If they can't do the job and stop the opposing team from scoring, they deserve to be reminded of how much work they need to do.

justasportsfan
I don't feel bad for 51-3 bills vs. raiders.

G Wolly
Are you people serious?? It's obvious that the other team can't stop them if the deficit is 35+..

Are you one of those guys who plays Madden online and quits after being down by 2 scores?

trapezeus
11-15-2010, 01:27 PM
i guess its all in how it's done. if it's totally out of hand, the fans aren't amused any more, you are up with 5 minutes to play and you are running a hurry up, that's classless.

if you are up 4 scores, and you are trying to run out the clock by just running plain vanilla plays with your back-ups but still score, what more can you do?

i realize most of it is in the middle of those extremes. but i think in the first half you should definitely be aimed at running up the score and the second half you can kind of tone it down. don't just forfeit, but if you are easily beating the team, there is no need to hit them with new formations and such.

Cntrygal
11-15-2010, 01:30 PM
What was the score again in the third during the "Comeback game"?

madness
11-15-2010, 01:31 PM
I can't stand opposing coaches who complain about teams running up the score. They are pretty much admitting defeat right there on the spot.

If Houston didn't try to run up the score by continuing to push the ball down the field through the air, "The Comeback" would have never happened.

Dr. Lecter
11-15-2010, 01:35 PM

No, what is gay is a NFL coach/team crying about getting their asses kicked.

G Wolly
11-15-2010, 01:37 PM
I have a story for both sides of the argument, but from my perspective in roller hockey.

Anti-running:

One time our team had only 3 guys. My friend, his brother, and their cousin who was 15 or 16 at the time. We played a team who had 5 or 6 guys to change lines when they needed a rest unlike us. Naturally, the guys playing in front of me were getting tired fast, as well as me. They ended up scoring over 30 goals on me and with them having the ability to change lines unlike us, it was ****ty of them to keep coming on full steam ahead against 2 brothers and a 16 year old.

Pro-running:

In a different game where I skated out, we were a horrible team but loved to play each week. This time we have line changes, and are playing a decent team who is up by enough goals to wrap up the game by the 2nd period. As I was covering the guy with the ball, they kept passing it backwards, skating in circles, and even shooting on their own goalie, which pissed me off.

Basically what I'm saying is that personally, when 2 fairly evenly matched teams are playing, I was offended that they wouldn't play against us fairly.

However, when they clearly have the upper hand in terms of skill and stamina, calm down.

So as far as I'm concerned, these 2 teams are decent teams who know what they're doing. Haley is just a ***** who's trying to place the blame for his failure elsewhere.

Buffalogic
11-15-2010, 01:38 PM
Are you one of those guys who plays Madden online and quits after being down by 2 scores?Are you one of those guys who have never played an organized sport and have been a lame spectator all your life?? There's something called sportsmanship...

It's easy for you armchair qbs to say well omg stop them when you have never experienced anything like that and you have a mouthful of potato chips.

trapezeus
11-15-2010, 01:39 PM
I can't stand opposing coaches who complain about teams running up the score. They are pretty much admitting defeat right there on the spot.

If Houston didn't try to run up the score by continuing to push the ball down the field through the air, "The Comeback" would have never happened.

not really.

they returned a int for a touchdown, next drive the bills drove for a TD, and then kicked an onside kick that rejunenated the crowd at the team. they scored again and it was 35-17 and something was up. At that point, the oilers knew they were in for a fight.

thats why i think you need to score as much as you can in the first half and in the second half just try to pound it out. but if you aren't successful doing that, then you just have to play the game you play best. if that's airing it out to get first downs, then it is what it is.

it's just lame when you see a good college team up on a no name school, and they are trying an onside kick late in the game to open up the BCS margin.

BertSquirtgum
11-15-2010, 01:39 PM

were you the kid that cried when the teacher picked you to read a paragraph in front of the rest of the class?

Buffalogic
11-15-2010, 01:40 PM
were you the kid that cried when the teacher picked you to read a paragraph in front of the rest of the class?I was an honors tutor, so no.

G Wolly
11-15-2010, 01:40 PM
Are you one of those guys who have never played an organized sport and have been a lame spectator all your life?? There's something called sportsmanship...

I'm going out on a limb here, but I'm gonna assume you've never played a professional sport.

I agree that when kids are playing in high school and even college, it's unsportsmanlike.

But when you're being paid to do a job and you don't do it, you shouldn't expect mercy. In sports and life.

justasportsfan
11-15-2010, 01:41 PM

If Haley didn't want the broncos to score more he shouldn't have tried to score when the score was 35-0. Instead they scored 10 pts.

KC also scored more in the 2nd half. 19 pts. to Den 14.

Denver was in a losing streak before this game. They needed to gain all the confidence they can get to try and stay alive for a playoff spot.

Maybe KC should have shown mercy to a winless team and not put up 13 points on us?

Dr. Lecter
11-15-2010, 01:42 PM
Are you one of those guys who have never played an organized sport and have been a lame spectator all your life?? There's something called sportsmanship...

It's easy for you armchair qbs to say well omg stop them when you have never experienced anything like that and you have a mouthful of potato chips.

I have played organized sports before.

And yes - there is sportsmanship. No doubt. And at the HS level and lower it is wrong.

But at the pro level? Meh. Stop the other team and quit yer *****in'.

EricStratton
11-15-2010, 01:42 PM
I think it's classless to run it up and it puts your own team at the risk of being injured by playing more plays.

That being said at the pro level you live with it, shut up and make more plays the next time.

At any level where the players aren't earning a paycheck (Cam Newton doesn't count) it should never be done.

RockStar36
11-15-2010, 01:43 PM
Did the Raiders run it up on Denver when they scored 59?

And like said, maybe if Houston "ran it up" they wouldn't have allowed Buffalo to come back.

BertSquirtgum
11-15-2010, 02:06 PM
I was an honors tutor, so no.

more like a whiney little *****

THE END OF ALL DAYS
11-15-2010, 02:28 PM
i think belecheat has run the score up a few times on the bills and i cant wait to run it up on his ass someday

Dujek
11-15-2010, 02:32 PM
Nothing wrong with running up the score in a professional game. At lower levels it's uncalled for though.

Johnny Bugmenot
11-15-2010, 02:50 PM
I was an honors tutor, so no.
Good to know your parents were well connected.

Buffalogic
11-15-2010, 03:05 PM
Good to know your parents were well connected.That's the best you got?? Lol,go back to the drawing board.

What if LLoyd, Knowshon, or Orton get hurt up 35 points and are lost for the season???? Then everybody whines and says why were they in there when the game was out of reach??

Are you people stupid? Yes, you are.

Dr. Lecter
11-15-2010, 03:13 PM
That's the best you got?? Lol,go back to the drawing board.

What if LLoyd, Knowshon, or Orton get hurt up 35 points and are lost for the season???? Then everybody whines and says why were they in there when the game was out of reach??

So? He is taking the risk to his own team.

The point most of us are making is that we feel no sympathy for the other team.

Buffalogic
11-15-2010, 03:18 PM
So? He is taking the risk to his own team.

The point most of us are making is that we feel no sympathy for the other team.So not only is it bad sportsmanship it's idiotic coaching. And someone compared the raiders blowout to this like they are similar? The Raiders ran the ball with the lead to kill the clock and the broncos couldn't stop them. These stupid broncos were passing the ball with an insurmountable lead. It's ******ed.

justasportsfan
11-15-2010, 03:19 PM
So not only is it bad sportsmanship it's idiotic coaching. And someone compared the raiders blowout to this like, they are similar? The Raiders ran the ball with the lead to kill the clock and the broncos couldn't stop them. These stupid broncos were passing the ball with an insurmountable lead. It's ******ed.

Broncos were on a 4 game losing streak. They needed the practice.

RockStar36
11-15-2010, 03:20 PM
That's the best you got?? Lol,go back to the drawing board.

And what if the Chiefs came back?? You're ridiculous.

Buffalogic
11-15-2010, 03:25 PM
Broncos were on a 4 game losing streak. They needed the practice.Mcdaniels is the real *****...He loses constantly and when he finally gets a win he runs up the score to prove what exactly? And what if KC came back??? Hahahahahaha good one.

justasportsfan
11-15-2010, 03:33 PM
Mcdaniels is the real *****...He loses constantly and when he finally gets a win he runs up the score to prove what exactly? And what if KC came back??? Hahahahahaha good one.

I think Haley was the one *****ing and he lost ,so that would make him the ***** on both accounts.

BTW, the broncos can't run and their strength is throwing the ball.THey are one dimensional. They are the worst running team in the league which could explain why they threw the ball.

If Haley has a problem with that, they shouldn't have ran at us. While Denver has the best passing offense , the Chiefs have the best running offense.

That would be unsportsman like to run against the worst run D (bills) in the league.

Buffalogic
11-15-2010, 03:34 PM
I think Haley was the one *****ing and he lost ,so that would make him the *****.

BTW, the broncos can't run. THey are one dimensional. They are the worst running team in the league which could explain why they threw the ball.Except Knowshon had over 100 yards and two tds which lead them to the blowout.

justasportsfan
11-15-2010, 03:40 PM
Except Knowshon had over 100 yards and two tds which lead them to the blowout.
so what ? The chiefs ran for over 200 yards against us. How dare they pick on our running D. That was unsportsman like.

imbondz
11-15-2010, 03:47 PM
I have no problem running up the score in the pro's. Especially if it's a team you hate, or in your division, or you have lost to for the past 8 straight years...

Buffalogic
11-15-2010, 03:57 PM
so what ? The chiefs ran for over 200 yards against us. How dare they pick on our running D. That was unsportsman like.Really?? If you can't stop the run you deserve to get blown out. The chiefs had what 13 points?? Terrible comparison.

Is it really that hard to understand rushing the ball is acceptable no matter what the score is but passing is not??? Is this the twilight zone or something?? What's going on here??!?!

Omg denver is too one dimensional to run the ball in a blowout where they already rushed for over 100 yards omg!! Seriously, what's happening here?

BertSquirtgum
11-15-2010, 04:02 PM
Really?? If you can't stop the run you deserve to get blown out. The chiefs had what 13 points?? Terrible comparison.

Is it really that hard to understand rushing the ball is acceptable no matter what the score is but passing is not??? Is this the twilight zone or something?? What's going on here??!?!

Omg denver is too one dimensional to run the ball in a blowout where they already rushed for over 100 yards omg!! Seriously, what's happening here?

you're the worst. give it up

Mr. Pink
11-15-2010, 04:21 PM
I still remember the threads a few years ago when the Pats destroyed us with people complaining they ran up the score.

You don't want to give up that many points? Play some defense. Play clock control on offense when you get the ball. If all that fails, forfeit.

This is the NFL, not pee wee football.

Buffalogic
11-15-2010, 04:23 PM
you're the worst. give it upCool story bro. Grats on continuing your unprecedented run of worthless, mind numbing posts! You are clearly unmatched. Weasel.

Buffalogic
11-15-2010, 04:25 PM
I still remember the threads a few years ago when the Pats destroyed us with people complaining they ran up the score.

You don't want to give up that many points? Play some defense. Play clock control on offense when you get the ball. If all that fails, forfeit.

This is the NFL, not pee wee football.It's not really a question of if you ran up the score as much as how you ran it up... You can't help running up the score if you are putting up points on defense, special teams, or rushing the ball. But you deserve to be lambasted if you run up the score by passing all game with an insurmountable lead.

Mr. Pink
11-15-2010, 04:29 PM
It's not really a question of if you ran up the score as much as how you ran it up... You can't help running up the score if you are putting up points on defense, special teams, or rushing the ball. But you deserve to be lambasted if you run up the score by passing all game with an insurmountable lead.

What's an insurmountable lead?

In some games being up 10 in the 1st quarter the opposition ain't coming back.

They are professionals. They should play hard til the final whistle. They're getting paid to entertain people. Watching some team call 3 dive plays in a row because they're up 20 at the start of the 4th quarter is not entertaining.

Typ0
11-15-2010, 04:32 PM
as long as scoring is part of the tiebreaker procedures and a team is not eliminated from the playoffs they have a duty to score every point they can every time they get a chance.

Buffalogic
11-15-2010, 04:56 PM
What's an insurmountable lead?

In some games being up 10 in the 1st quarter the opposition ain't coming back.

They are professionals. They should play hard til the final whistle. They're getting paid to entertain people. Watching some team call 3 dive plays in a row because they're up 20 at the start of the 4th quarter is not entertaining.And a 60 to zero game is entertaining?? Passing like that is a good way to get your qb murdered by a cheap shot. It's bad coaching and even worse sportsmanship to pass every down in the midst of a catastrophic blowout.

I'm not defending Haley, I'm ripping McDaniels.

Mr. Pink
11-15-2010, 05:01 PM
And a 60 to zero game is entertaining?? Passing like that is a good way to get your qb murdered by a cheap shot. It's bad coaching and even worse sportsmanship to pass every down in the midst of a catastrophic blowout.

I'm not defending Haley, I'm ripping McDaniels.

A player can get hurt by a cheap shot in a 0-0 tie. Your point?

Wisconsin winning 83-20 this weekend was pretty entertaining actually.

we are
11-15-2010, 05:04 PM
WG22...do you feel its ok for KC to keep passing down 49-17? and then going for 2 down 20 points with 10 secs left?

Buffalogic
11-15-2010, 05:15 PM
A player can get hurt by a cheap shot in a 0-0 tie. Your point?

Wisconsin winning 83-20 this weekend was pretty entertaining actually.At 0-0 the game and the win is in the balance. At 49-10 it is not.

we are
11-15-2010, 05:17 PM
At 0-0 the game and the win is in the balance. At 49-10 it is not.

then why was KC still passing?

if the game is over...just concede. either take a knee 3 times and punt, or tell the refs you give up.

Buffalogic
11-15-2010, 05:17 PM
WG22...do you feel its ok for KC to keep passing down 49-17? and then going for 2 down 20 points with 10 secs left?I wouldn't do it but maybe old Toddy boy wanted to send a message to his team like never quit until the game is over or something like that.

Buffalogic
11-15-2010, 05:19 PM
then why was KC still passing?

if the game is over...just concede. either take a knee 3 times and punt, or tell the refs you give up.You can't just quit if you are losing man, lol haven't you seen how pathetic Dallas has looked in the past few weeks? I'd take my starters out though if I was Haley, they deserve some embarrassment, but you have to keep trying to score if you are them.

YardRat
11-15-2010, 05:20 PM
As long as points scored, scoring differential, etc are used to determine playoff implications it's pretty tough to ***** about running up the score.

Mr. Pink
11-15-2010, 05:22 PM
At 0-0 the game and the win is in the balance. At 49-10 it is not.

After the Broncos had 49 points they had the ball on the KC 36 - punted...then had the ball on the KC 32 and tried to pick up a 4th down to ice the game.

Denver had two more opportunities to put up more points and chose not to.

They threw the ball twice in the final 12 minutes of the game and both were dump off passes.

So when should the Broncos have stopped throwing? Their first possession in the 2nd half?

we are
11-15-2010, 05:23 PM
You can't just quit if you are losing man, lol haven't you seen how pathetic Dallas has looked in the past few weeks? I'd take my starters out though if I was Haley, they deserve some embarrassment, but you have to keep trying to score if you are them.

so basically what you are saying is this (correct me if im wrong)

if you are losing by 39 points, the other team should stop trying to score points so that you have a chance to come back.

screw that man...if you're trying to score on me, im going to score on you.

the broncos were'nt doing any trick plays, they were just running their offense, there is nothing wrong with that....it is somewhat dumb to leave your starters in, but that doesn't mean you are being a dick.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-15-2010, 05:26 PM
Wagon Circler is mad he bet on the Chiefs

Buffalogic
11-15-2010, 05:30 PM
After the Broncos had 49 points they had the ball on the KC 36 - punted...then had the ball on the KC 32 and tried to pick up a 4th down to ice the game.

Denver had two more opportunities to put up more points and chose not to.

They threw the ball twice in the final 12 minutes of the game and both were dump off passes.

So when should the Broncos have stopped throwing? Their first possession in the 2nd half?Pretty sure the game was iced before the 4th down conversion in the 4th quarter with 49 points on the board...

Why is running the ball considered keeping the other team in the game like you can't get first downs on the ground or something??? Meanwhile you throw incomplete passes and stop the clock...Which is a better way of keeping a team in the game? Please tell me.

Buffalogic
11-15-2010, 05:31 PM
Wagon Circler is mad he bet on the ChiefsI'm more mad about a 40 pnt garbage time Cassel because I had to play against him lol good thing I won though.

Mr. Pink
11-15-2010, 05:39 PM
Pretty sure the game was iced before the 4th down conversion in the 4th quarter with 49 points on the board...

Why is running the ball considered keeping the other team in the game like you can't get first downs on the ground or something??? Meanwhile you throw incomplete passes and stop the clock...Which is a better way of keeping a team in the game? Please tell me.

They had the game won with 6 minutes left in the 1st half when their defense scored on a Cassel fumble. That score made it 35-0.

So is that when the Broncos should have stopped throwing the ball?

Buffalogic
11-15-2010, 06:01 PM
They had the game won with 6 minutes left in the 1st half when their defense scored on a Cassel fumble. That score made it 35-0.

So is that when the Broncos should have stopped throwing the ball?In my opinion first half you can put up as many points as you want but if you have a huge lead in the second half you should definitely run the ball. Especially when Knowshon proved all game that he can get first downs on the ground.

G Wolly
11-15-2010, 08:45 PM
In my opinion first half you can put up as many points as you want but if you have a huge lead in the second half you should definitely run the ball.

If you were a head coach you'd be fired before that game was over if you did that.

justasportsfan
11-15-2010, 08:50 PM
Really?? If you can't stop the run you deserve to get blown out. The chiefs had what 13 points?? Terrible comparison.

lol. if you can't stop the pass you deserve to get blown out.

justasportsfan
11-15-2010, 09:06 PM
42-14 eagles over redskins.Time to pack it up. Forget the 2nd half. Both teams should go home now

G Wolly
11-15-2010, 09:07 PM
42-14 eagles over redskins.Time to pack it up. Forget the 2nd half. Both teams should go home now

Someone might get hurt :(

justasportsfan
11-15-2010, 10:24 PM
59-21 and Vick is still throwing the ball in the 4th. Is Reid a douche for trying to score more?

G Wolly
11-15-2010, 10:44 PM
59-21 and Vick is still throwing the ball in the 4th. Is Reid a douche for trying to score more?

They even took out McCoy and can still run for first downs.

Buffalogic
11-15-2010, 11:53 PM
The Eagles starters should have played one series in the 3rd then been pulled for the backups...Which are still Kolb and Jerome Harrison. Washington was going to get blown out either way.

BertSquirtgum
11-16-2010, 12:40 AM
let me honk your big red nose you clown.

Buffalogic
11-16-2010, 01:17 AM
let me honk your big red nose you clown.Just keep that paper bag on your head.

YardRat
11-16-2010, 02:38 AM
"I think they [were] racking up BCS points, something like that," defensive lineman Albert Haynesworth (http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/albert-haynesworth/) said. "They should be ranked No. 1 now."

RockStar36
11-16-2010, 09:01 AM
"I think they [were] racking up BCS points, something like that," defensive lineman Albert Haynesworth (http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/albert-haynesworth/) said. "They should be ranked No. 1 now."

"Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go cash my $100 million dollar paycheck that I haven't earned."

trapezeus
11-16-2010, 09:02 AM
Pats did run the score up on the Bills a few years ago. i think it's a little classless to play an inferior team and go for it on 4th down in the 4th quarter up 4 scores. that's lame.

i think if you are playing a team in the thick of the run and they are your sworn enemy, let them have it.

but if you are eagles facing the bills, there isn't much to gain by knocking the little guy around. that's me.

and last night, i felt like the eagles really did try to stop scoring. it's more insulting to watch a DB have a clear path for the endzone and take a knee than run into the endzone. plus those guys have contract escalators with INT returns and stuff. of course they are going to walk it in. and the eagles only scored one other TD in the second half and that was in response to a redskins touchdown.

BertSquirtgum
11-16-2010, 09:23 AM
"Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go cash my $100 million dollar paycheck that I haven't earned."

did you see that fat slob just lay on the ground when vick was still running around? what a waste

RockStar36
11-16-2010, 09:27 AM
At the same time, when you're up by so many points and kicking field goals, that is running up the score at the same time. So sometimes they go for it on fourth because there is no difference.

Nobody had a problem with Tennessee and Jacksonville earlier this season.

justasportsfan
11-16-2010, 10:57 AM
Pats did run the score up on the Bills a few years ago. i think it's a little classless to play an inferior team and go for it on 4th down in the 4th quarter up 4 scores. that's lame.

i think if you are playing a team in the thick of the run and they are your sworn enemy, let them have it.

but if you are eagles facing the bills, there isn't much to gain by knocking the little guy around. that's me.

and last night, i felt like the eagles really did try to stop scoring. it's more insulting to watch a DB have a clear path for the endzone and take a knee than run into the endzone. plus those guys have contract escalators with INT returns and stuff. of course they are going to walk it in. and the eagles only scored one other TD in the second half and that was in response to a redskins touchdown.

I didn't have a problem with the Pats running up the score against us just like I didn't have a problem with the bills running up the score vs. the raiders in a playoff game.

Our players are also paid millions to do their job. If we can't stop them , it's our fault.

Bill Cody
11-16-2010, 11:31 AM
I didn't have a problem with the Pats running up the score against us just like I didn't have a problem with the bills running up the score vs. the raiders in a playoff game.

Our players are also paid millions to do their job. If we can't stop them , it's our fault.

I see your point. Let's hope we all live long enough for payback.

G Wolly
11-16-2010, 04:46 PM
And in regards to the *****y "someone may get hurt" argument, who's to say the same injuries won't occur if they "let up"?

People get hurt on run plays too.

DraftBoy
11-16-2010, 04:51 PM
Beat em down!

SABURZFAN
11-16-2010, 04:54 PM
if you don't like teams running up the score on you, STOP THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G Wolly
11-16-2010, 05:02 PM
So to sum up the majority of feelings.

High School and perhaps most college and lower - Unsportsmanlike

Professional - Acceptable

Buffalogic
11-16-2010, 05:55 PM
I think the real summary is I'm right and if you disagree with me you are wrong and most likely stupid. K, good chat.

G Wolly
11-16-2010, 05:57 PM
I think the real summary is I'm right and if you disagree with me you are wrong and most likely stupid. K, good chat.

Please tell me you're being sarcastic.

If not, you're a real tool.

Syderick
11-17-2010, 10:31 AM

That was rediculous, for them to do that. That is running up the score and being classless. If they're up by a bunch, like by 30 points, then there's no point of being aggressive and trying running it up. However, if they're running a conservative run out the clock offence and still score, that's not running up the score.

trapezeus
11-17-2010, 10:49 AM
bills didn't run the score up on the raiders. it was 48-3 going into half if i remember correctly. they scored another field goal in the second half. that's taking it easy if you ask me.

RockStar36
11-17-2010, 11:13 AM
bills didn't run the score up on the raiders. it was 48-3 going into half if i remember correctly. they scored another field goal in the second half. that's taking it easy if you ask me.

And the Oilers took it easy on the Bills and look what happened.

DraftBoy
11-17-2010, 11:31 AM
So to sum up the majority of feelings.

High School and perhaps most college and lower - Unsportsmanlike

Professional - Acceptable

The only place its unsportsmanlike is in rec leagues before HS. Everything else is acceptable.

Night Train
11-17-2010, 11:41 AM
Sounds like Haley had his forfeit request turned down in the 3rd quarter. :chuckle:

TMu11
11-17-2010, 12:21 PM
The announcers in NCAA 10 get extremely annoyed when ou run up the score. They tell you how it's a DBag thing to do.

Buffalogic
11-17-2010, 12:47 PM
The announcers in NCAA 10 get extremely annoyed when ou run up the score. They tell you how it's a DBag thing to do.That's pretty funny lol

better days
11-17-2010, 01:07 PM
And in regards to the *****y "someone may get hurt" argument, who's to say the same injuries won't occur if they "let up"?

People get hurt on run plays too.

I have heard players say an injury is more likely to happen if they do let up.

better days
11-17-2010, 01:10 PM

If I remember right, the Bills had an interception or two. I think the Bills had more to do with that win than the Oilers letting up myself.

RockStar36
11-17-2010, 01:11 PM
The announcers in NCAA 10 get extremely annoyed when ou run up the score. They tell you how it's a DBag thing to do.

I always mute it when it comes to that. I don't need to be talked to like that by a video game.

Buffalogic
11-17-2010, 01:17 PM
If I remember right, the Bills had an interception or two. I think the Bills had more to do with that win than the Oilers letting up myself.Truth. And Why?? Because the Oilers were passing up 31 points...Passing with a huge lead is the only way to keep the losing team in a game like that.

RockStar36
11-17-2010, 02:01 PM
I'm a young guy (or was back then) so my memory is fuzzy, but Moon threw 2 picks all day and 1 was in OT, so...you know....

Edit - Moon's other pick was when they were up 35-24.

So, you guys are wrong. Nice try though.

trapezeus
11-17-2010, 02:54 PM

They didn't take it easy. they weren't running the score up either. they returned an INT for a TD. I think you have to do that.

then they let a drive score, and the onside kick and TD came up. Then the momemtum totally shifted and it was a game even at 35-17.

I think the pats ran up the score on teams that 18-1 year and that one loss was the football gods saying what being unsportsmanlike is all about.

RockStar36
11-17-2010, 03:12 PM
You guys are missing the point so we'll agree to disagree.

There is no such thing as running up the score in a professional game, unless the other team willingly attempts to forfeit.

CuseJetsFan83
11-17-2010, 03:21 PM
you are a professional....... don't want the score to be run up... well learn how to get the damn ball in the endzone

with the no cap season if you underperform and are a fringe player, i am surprised owners/coaches aren't just cutting fat from their rosters

trapezeus
11-17-2010, 03:28 PM
you are a professional....... don't want the score to be run up... well learn how to get the damn ball in the endzone

with the no cap season if you underperform and are a fringe player, i am surprised owners/coaches aren't just cutting fat from their rosters

i believe the rules in the uncapped year, prevented total gutting of a team and preventing players from getting screwed like this.
I'm sure owners would love to do this, but the rules prevent this from happening.

how much would it suck in the next two weeks if the bills and teams with no chance of getting in just went arena players? it would essentially just boil down to teams who are in it that have competitive games. and it could ruin the ratings on tv. and as we all know, the TV deal is the only thing the NFL will seriously consider. if they could get a game in china as 3am EASTERN standard time on a tuesday, and TV was willing to pay the broadcast rights, they'd do it.

justasportsfan
11-17-2010, 03:35 PM
If the losing team doesn't want the winning team to score more on them then they should stop trying to score themselves and take out their starters. :D

better days
11-18-2010, 08:43 AM

Even fringe players if they are vets, will get their salary for the season if cut, then who do you replace them with is the question.

I think the Bills have been good about getting rid of dead wood this season myself.

CuseJetsFan83
11-18-2010, 03:19 PM
Even fringe players if they are vets, will get their salary for the season if cut, then who do you replace them with is the question.

I think the Bills have been good about getting rid of dead wood this season myself.

i agree, the bills have been playing competitive despite their record (see lions 2-7)
it's just along the lines of look at randy moss... he gets cut , jeff reed got cut.... and not really anyone to replace them.

i am not saying have a firesale, but if they let the players know that not everyone is safe, maybe that lights a fire (again i know buffalo is playing fairly decent... just saying in general)