PDA

View Full Version : Pennington out for season, perhaps career

Coach Sal
11-15-2010, 02:22 PM
I've always had a ton of respect for this guy. He always seemed to get more out of a lesser talented body and arm. And he always came back and worked hard to get back on the field for whatever team he was playing for. Plus, he's always been known to be a great person.

But three surgeries on the same shoulder....at 34 years old.....that's tough to come back from for anyone.

By the way, still no word on Henne as of right now, and the Fins have to play Thursday night! Thigpen may be starting. Street corner QBs may be backing him up.

I'm not upset about that one bit. But I feel for Chad...........

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/21770/pennington-out-for-season-perhaps-career

RockStar36
11-15-2010, 02:23 PM
In a related note, Kleenex sales in the Miami area have tripled in the past day.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
11-15-2010, 02:24 PM
yeah, tough break... good guy who always got shuffed off cause he did not have a cannon. seemed to be a winner on and off the field... maybe the tv booth is his next stop.

or he could run an internet show from his den LOL just goofing with ya coach :)

Coach Sal
11-15-2010, 02:27 PM
or he could run an internet show from his den LOL just goofing with ya coach :)

He could definitely be my co-host. :)

SquishDaFish
11-15-2010, 02:43 PM
I do feel bad about Pennington seems like a good guy. But screw the Teal Phins. Rumor is Ramsey is getting signed today or tomorrow.

Static
11-15-2010, 02:48 PM
I knew it was going to happen when they put him in, just didn't think it would be on the second play of the game...sad it has to end like that.

RockStar36
11-15-2010, 02:50 PM
Why do we feel bad? Why are we sad? He's played for 2 division teams, so we shouldn't care. Ok, he's a nice guy. He's also a millionaire. I feel so bad for him.

SquishDaFish
11-15-2010, 02:55 PM
Hes the type of player you want in the NFL. Not one of those cocky rich ***** type players.

trapezeus
11-15-2010, 03:09 PM
i was hoping the bills would get a chance to face him and get a couple easy picks on his fluttering out passes.

Thigpen may be the upgrade the team needs. everyone else's problems end up working out for them. Why can't it be us?

imbondz
11-15-2010, 03:51 PM
I never cheer for injuries unless they play for the Patriots, Cowboys, 49ers, Titans, aaaand I think that's it.

CuseJetsFan83
11-15-2010, 03:53 PM
how he got cut hurts as a jets fan......... he took it as motivation when the phins won their way into the playoffs, and to see him get hurt again, it still sucks.

noodlearm is still one of my favorite players, even if he looks like he needs maw and paw's permission to play past sundown

Nublar7
11-15-2010, 06:06 PM
In a related note, Kleenex sales in the Miami area have tripled in the past day.They tried to contact the Buffalo Kleenex distributor, but word is the warehouse has been completely empty since early September.

LtFinFan66
11-15-2010, 07:09 PM
Why do we feel bad? Why are we sad? He's played for 2 division teams, so we shouldn't care. Ok, he's a nice guy. He's also a millionaire. I feel so bad for him.why is everything you post these days a complete douche? They didn't used to be that way?

Mike13
11-15-2010, 08:28 PM
If he had an arm he would be essentially Peyton Manning.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-15-2010, 08:39 PM
Tyler thigpen is a good QB. I think he's better than Henne neway

Mike13
11-15-2010, 08:50 PM
Tyler thigpen is a good QB. I think he's better than Henne neway

Exciting to watch sure, but he isnt accurate at all.
His completion percentage is at 54 I think.

G Wolly
11-15-2010, 08:52 PM
In a related note, Kleenex sales in the Miami area have tripled in the past day.

This is no time for self-pleasure.

Joe Fo Sho
11-15-2010, 10:43 PM

Ha, thanks for the quick laugh.

ServoBillieves
11-15-2010, 11:39 PM

Wouldn't go that far... but yes he had all the mechanics of a great QB with no arm strength to back it up.

I hate the Jets, Patriots*, Dolphins, Cowboys, et cetera, but I respect some players that play for them. I respected Pennington. Ol' noodlearm had plenty of people against him in the media and in the locker room, but he always found some way to earn respect.

He's that Vrabel type player. You know he has it in him, he's not going to wow you, he's just going to get the job done. I applaud him on a good career. Do I feel bad for his injury? No, it's their job, they are paid millions, and they also know the circumstances of their career. But, do I wish him harm? No.

The guy won my respect as both a Jet and a Fish. That's sayin' something. Hope everything turns out good for the guy.

SeatownBillsFan21
11-16-2010, 12:10 AM
They tried to contact the Buffalo Kleenex distributor, but word is the warehouse has been completely empty since early September.
LOL Fail.

Mike13
11-16-2010, 12:12 AM
Ha, thanks for the quick laugh.

Its not that much of a stretch. Pennington is one of the smartest QBs in the game. His football IQ is up there with Manning. If he didnt have Shoulder issues and had a stronger arm he could very well be like Manning.

Crisis
11-16-2010, 12:59 AM

so would fitzpatrick

RockStar36
11-16-2010, 09:04 AM
why is everything you post these days a complete douche? They didn't used to be that way?

Everything isn't. I don't like the Dolphins. I don't like Chad Pennington. I don't feel bad for the millionaire athlete who got hurt. He got like $400,000 for those two plays. Sorry I don't feel bad. Players get hurt every game.