X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr. Pepper
    • Apr 2008

when did the rock pile become so lame?

had some friends come in from out of town this past weekend, so we got tickets to watch the Bills get their first win of the year. got the tix on stub hub.... had the option of getting rock pile seats or the section below the rock pile closer to the field, they were the same price... i got the seats in the rock pile because i told my friends it would be a really fun, authentic place to watch the game. well we get to our seats and start cheering as the game begins. 10 minutes in, we're being shouted and and harassed to sit down. i turned around and said we were just having fun, and that the whole rest of the stadium was standing so they should too. throughout the whole first half people were getting pissy about it. at one point i told one girl behind me that i thought the rock pile was supposed to be rowdy, and she rolled her eyes and said "uh, maybe 10 years ago." keep in mind we werent drunk or acting like fools. eventually someone called the "fan police" or whatever, and told them we were stirring up trouble and causing fights. when security came over and accused us of this, we were obviously sober and explained ourselves coherently and he said "fine, but it's still excessive standing, you have to sit down." we said "the whole freakin stadium is standing!" but to no avail... we ended up compromising that we could stand until halftime, there was 3 minutes left in the half. after the half we went down to a lower section and everyone was jumping up and down having a great time and STANDING UP for their Bills. of course by then it had started to rain and half of our previous section left with the first drop.

sorry for the rant, but i feel bad for my friends having to deal with such garbage throughout the first half, especially expecting the rock pile to be a fun section. the funny thing is, we're respectful people for the most part and probably wouldve sat down when asked if the first words we heard werent "hey *******s, sit down!!" anyone else have a crappy experience like this?
  • dannyek71
    Drink Responsibly
    • Dec 2004

Re: when did the rock pile become so lame?

when did capitalization and the use of paragraphs go out of style.
    [

Comment

• mayotm
      • Jul 2003

Originally posted by dannyek71
      Says the dude that doesn't capialize the 'w' in when nor uses a question mark when asking a question.
      Last edited by mayotm; 11-15-2010, 02:51 PM.

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
        • Apr 2008

wow, thanks for the well thought out response clever guy!

Comment

• The Natrix
          • Jul 2002

If there are people standing in front of you and they are obstructing your view, it is ok to stand. Otherwise, you are just being an a-hole. JMO.

Byrd.

Comment

• trapezeus
            Legendary Zoner
            • Oct 2004

agreed. perhaps i'm an old fuddy duddy, but i hate the constant standers. i feel like an NHL goalie trying to look around people.

Yes, on big plays, important plays, i'm standing up, but i don't particularlly see why every play needs to be standing up. combined with the constant pee-ers who need to get out, there is a lot of movement.

obviously, i think in the 90's we didn't realize this so much because the team was always entertaining, always scoring. you just felt like you were standing all the time.

We've been trying to will this team to win for 10 years. it doesn't work until they get better players.

Comment

• RockStar36
              Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
              • Sep 2004

I don't stand all the time, but I don't have issues with people that do. They paid their money to go to a professional football game. I'd much rather deal with a constant stander than someone sitting there not making a sound.

D & S Sports

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

you should have let a big one go
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• dannyek71
                  Drink Responsibly
                  • Dec 2004

Originally posted by mayotm
                  Says the dude that doesn't capialize the 'w' in when nor uses a question mark when asking a question.
                  i was intentionally doing it to mimic the post. do you understand now.
                  [

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • May 2009

you didn't capitalize the w at the beginning of your sentence. damn hypocrits.

Comment

• mrbojanglezs
                      • Jan 2010

lol wow man, if you dish it out you have to live up to your own advice

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by RockStar36
                        I don't stand all the time, but I don't have issues with people that do. They paid their money to go to a professional football game. I'd much rather deal with a constant stander than someone sitting there not making a sound.
                        Really? The guy not making a sound annoys you more? Why?

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by The Natrix
                          If there are people standing in front of you and they are obstructing your view, it is ok to stand. Otherwise, you are just being an a-hole. JMO.
                          I agree with this. I hate HAVING to constantly stand just to watch the game.

Comment

• Crazygoo
                            • Nov 2005

I don't mind it either way. But i would rather sit down when they are playing at the other end of the field. There is no need to stand when they are 60 yards away from you
                            :chug: BEER ME!!!

Comment

• Bufftp
                              Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
                              • Jul 2002

When did it change? Since all the young people moved out of Buffalo to find a job and only over the hill fuddy duddys attend the games.
                              Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
                              "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
                              Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
                              - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
                              to be led by permanent ideals -
                              that is what keeps a man patient
                              when the world ignores him,
                              and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

Comment

Working...
                              X