X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beebe's Kid
    • Nov 2009

Cowherd says Bills won't go to LA

Collin is going on about how LA is getting a team, and saying how great it is.

He hadn't mentioned Buffalo, until a caller did...he poo-poo'd the whole thing. He said Buffalo fans are great, and that you don't take a team away from a small market that is trying.

Jacksonville, in his opinion, is the clear choice. Small market, and apathetic.

It was funny when the caller, who was a Bills fan, started the usual paranoid rambling about the area and the team...Collin Cowherd, of all people, said the area, the fans, the team were great. He said taking the team would just be putting the screws to the area, and that's not what it's about, especially when there are clearly better options out there.

Thought it was interesting, especially since I can't stand Cowherd and had him on when I usually turn him off.

• T-Long
    Circling the Wagons since 1982.
    • Sep 2003

Re: Cowherd says Bills won't go to LA

Yeah, there is no way they move the Bills to LA, especially when you have a franchise like Jacksonville who would be a much better fit considering they can't ever get fans there even when they are good

Comment

• RockStar36
      Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
      • Sep 2004

This is exactly why I get pissed when people joke about Buffalo moving. They are doing it out of pure ignorance. Jacksonville is so bad for the NFL. They can't even sell out a stadium that is already tarped off to make it appear smaller. It's pathetic.

This whole LA thing is crazy though. Oakland and San Diego can't even sell games out now. I don't see how LA succeeds.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
        Pinkerton's son
        • Feb 2006

Interesting...Cowherd usually craps on the Bills whenever he can. However, he also changes his mind all the time so I wouldnt be totally surprised if next week he declares the Bills should move there.

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

IMO,Jacksonville and San Diego would be moved first before the bills
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• RockStar36
            Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
            • Sep 2004

Minnesota is on the table as well. They have a stadium situation that hasn't been solved yet.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Jersey1031
              • Feb 2003

cowherd is my favorite sports personality, bar none. he says it how it is, and i agree with 95% of his banter
              "I'm cold, yeah I get my BUFFALO BILL on!" Lil' Wayne

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

The one thing about Cowherd is that he actually cares about the fans.

Don't get me wrong he's an egotistical blowhard, but he is not willing to screw over the fans for the sport.
                COMING SOON...
                Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Coach Sal
                  • Aug 2006

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
                  Interesting...Cowherd usually craps on the Bills whenever he can.....
                  But he usually talks well about the city of Buffalo.

Especially when it comes to supporting teams like the Bills and especially the Sabres.

He'll take his shots now and then, but usually says nice things about the area and its fans.
                  Click to listen:

Buffalo Bills Now! and NFL Now! podcasts
                  And every Saturday at 11am on WGR

"A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem is better than silver and gold."

Class Character Commitment Consistency Courage

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                    Pinkerton's son
                    • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Jersey1031
                    cowherd is my favorite sports personality, bar none. he says it how it is, and i agree with 95% of his banter
                    he may often "say it how it is" but he also often changes his mind because what he was saying before has become accepted...his job is to entertain people and stir up emotions in people so Im not saying he's wrong to do so, I just get sick of hearing him change his mind so frequently and simply take the somewhat controversial side of the argument for the sake of riling up his listeners...i went from listening to him every day to now listening to him once or twice a week max.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

All you people who say Jacksonville will move before Buffalo need to Google the details of Jacksonville's stadium lease.

it will be VERY expensive to break.

Meanwhile, Buffalo's lease expires after 2012, so it's an expense that LA wouldn't have to deal with.

Yes, Buffalo supports their team more than Jacksonville does, but that's not nearly as important as the bottom line.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• wmoz11
                        • Sep 2008

Oakland or SD will go before even Jacksonville because of logistics.

SD fans are almost as pathetic as Jags fans, IMO. The team is perenially great in the regular season but still hardly sell-out.

Comment

• ddaryl
                          Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                          • Jan 2005

It all comes down to Ralph selling the team and whomever pays the biggest price...

the new owner gets to decide basically...

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

LA doesn't deserve a team, and once again won't be able to support one at the gate, but it's more about advertising revenue than ticket sales and the NFL wants back into the big market.

If life were fair, Jacksonville would fill the void.
                            If it's about common sense, California already has enough teams and San Diego or Oakland would move there.
                            But it isn't either...it's about money, and that factor alone keeps Buffalo a player until details involving keeping the team here are revealed.
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• G Wolly
                              • Mar 2004

Los Angeles had two shots at it.

Fool me once...

Comment

Working...
                              X