PDA

View Full Version : One Fan's View: The Meeting of the Sports Gods

shelby
11-17-2010, 04:37 PM
Enjoy this week's installment of OFV....:boom:

I can only imagine the meeting the football gods had prior to the game:

“Hey, Todd, look at this, the Lions and the Bills. What are we doing?”

“Well, that perpetually losing town of Buffalo hasn’t won anything, so it’ll be more fun to screw with them, Alan.

“True, but Detroit has won basketball championships and hockey championships. They are 0-24 on the road. Let’s keep that terrible record going.”
Then each man hunkers down with his chosen side, and stares at the other with disgust. They have agreed without words that they will go to battle.

As a result, an incredibly sloppy game that showcased how little each city cares about winning was displayed in all its heavenly beauty. The Lions started with possession, and killed their opening drive by taking back-breaking penalties. The Bills had possession in their first drive at midfield. They elected to pass three times in a row before booming a punt to the Lions 1. The Lions responded with another penalty-filled drive. The Bills fought back by going for it on fourth and 1, and losing the ball and 2 yards.

read more... (http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/2010/11/17/one_fans_view_week_10_the_meeting_of_the_sports_gods.php)

Forward_Lateral
11-18-2010, 06:46 AM
* No volume, no service – The Bills game did not have sound at our bar. From the replay I saw on the Leodis punt return, it seemed to me that that holding call was pretty shady. Maybe the commentators had a better explanation, but that seemed like what most people would call a solid block. Again, the football gods refusing to let the Bills simply run away with one game this year. Stupid Todd.

The announcers agreed that it was a bad call.

Forward_Lateral
11-18-2010, 06:47 AM
BTW, be thankful you didn't have sound. Is it me, or do Fox announcers all sound ******ed.

trapezeus
11-18-2010, 08:21 AM
Fox seems to love the joe buck/troy aikman announcer team. They love the guy who is incredibly monotone as the lead man and a man so concussed that he's barely getting words out.

I like buck for baseball. he's monotone and the game is monotone. it works nicely. In football, he was doing the giants cowboys game and the lights literally went out and that is all he said. "the lights went out at one part of the stadium". no surprise, no real reaction. Didn't really joke about it.

CBS has the more exciting play by play guys.

Pinkerton Security
11-18-2010, 08:48 AM
I actually dont mind Aikman...however I'd much prefer Gus Johnson!