PDA

View Full Version : chris kelsey

djjimkelly
11-18-2010, 12:08 PM
well ive waited a few days to post my thoughts on him.

i finally understand why he was resigned after watching the last few weeks.

is he an OLB in a 3-4 scheme in this league : NOT A CHANCE

however...

when kelsey is used as a DE in sure passing situations he is very effective.

so my thought is this. eventually when this roster is more mature under this regime kelsey will never see the field in 3-4 or 1st and 2nd down situations.

he will be a fresh option in sure passing situations in the nickel or whatever we decide to use in sure passing situations.

we just need that real rush OLB on 1st and 2nd downs

billsburgh
11-18-2010, 12:21 PM
how can you pay a situational pass rusher, and a mediocre on at that, $24 million?

ddaryl
11-18-2010, 12:34 PM
how can you pay a situational pass rusher, and a mediocre on at that, $24 million?

I believe its because Kelsay does what he is told, practices hard, and is a true team player.

The Bills used Kelsay to send a message to the younger guys that if you come here and you show up and you work hard you will be rewarded.

Yes he isn't really worth the money, but with this young team sending a message that we do take care of our own could pay some dividends in the future if we start playing like a real NFL team and need to keep some talent here.

Kelsay looks much better at DE then OLB obviously because as a OLB he is slow as molasses on a January day

Crisis
11-18-2010, 01:25 PM
Losman was a hard worker and a good person we should've extended him too!

Beebe's Kid
11-18-2010, 01:29 PM
well ive waited a few days to post my thoughts on him.

i finally understand why he was resigned after watching the last few weeks.

is he an OLB in a 3-4 scheme in this league : NOT A CHANCE

however...

when kelsey is used as a DE in sure passing situations he is very effective.

so my thought is this. eventually when this roster is more mature under this regime kelsey will never see the field in 3-4 or 1st and 2nd down situations.

he will be a fresh option in sure passing situations in the nickel or whatever we decide to use in sure passing situations.

we just need that real rush OLB on 1st and 2nd downs

I think you made a great point. It's too bad that you'll get flamed here, due to posters with no real insight or opinion waiting to pounce when they hear a few buzz words...Ralph, Kelsay, Poz, Whitner, etc.

It was nice to see CK making an impact.

tampabay25690
11-18-2010, 06:03 PM
Kelsay is not the problem on this team....

more cowbell
11-18-2010, 06:34 PM
Every player on our defense is better in a 4-3 than a 3-4

X-Era
11-18-2010, 09:42 PM
Kelsay is not the problem on this team....To me, that's it in a nutshell.

I want us to upgrade his position and I am fine with him as a situational player and/or backup.

jamze132
11-19-2010, 12:34 PM
He can take his $24M with him out the door.

I wonder how much is guaranteed.

Mr. Pink
11-19-2010, 02:26 PM
Kelsay is not the problem on this team....

He may not be "the" problem with this team but he is one of the problems.

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

NOT THE DUDE...
11-19-2010, 10:31 PM
he is a smart, average veteran who is somewhat effective vs the run... thats it....

if fitz can continue what he has done, i guarantee you we take a 34 de or 34 olb with our 1st pick... kerrigan, bowers, dareus, fairley... one of those 4...