X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

The Bills' Williams is immovable object

So when the Bills took Torell Troup with the 41st pick of April's draft, Williams remembered his vow. Yes, Troup had the classic nose tackle's build. He would be looking to take his job in the new 3-4. Williams offered a helping hand, anyway.

"Ever since I've been here, someone's been coming in the offseason to take my job," Williams said Wednesday. "I'm not worried about that. Torell wants to learn. If it's important to him and he's going to work hard, why wouldn't I help him?"

sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • Joe Fo Sho
    Making Spirits Bright
    • Mar 2006

Re: The Bills' Williams is immovable object

He is my favorite Bill right now, by far. He's also the best player on this defense and maybe on this team.

Comment

• ddaryl
      Everything I post is sexual inuendo
      • Jan 2005

I've been on the Kyle bandwagon for awhile based upon his previous years of showing spurts of being a play maker.

He is really coming into his own this year, and it's nice actually seeing a few of our players develop AKA Steve Johnson

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

We should extended him since we extended Kelsay.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
          Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
          We should extended him since we extended Kelsay.
          We should've extended him INSTEAD OF extending Kelsay.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
            Making Spirits Bright
            • Mar 2006

AND HE'S A SCRATCH GOLFER. I want to party with him.

Comment

• ZacGriffi~82
              • Jun 2003

the article states that he's the defensive version of a Fred Jackson or Ryan Fitzpatrick. i like that. those are honestly my three favorite players.
              www.billsaddiction.com -The Home of Bills Addicts-

Comment

• better days
                • Jan 2010

I wanted the Bills to draft Kyle when I read in a draft mag "Kyle Williams is a rolling ball of butcher knives."

Comment

• HAMMER
                  I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                  • Jul 2003

Originally posted by better days
                  I wanted the Bills to draft Kyle when I read in a draft mag "Kyle Williams is a rolling ball of butcher knives."
                  That same description was used for Travis Henry back in the day. Quite sure Kyles' life won't take the same tragic turn as Travis'.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                    • Aug 2004

Williams was drafted 5 years ago and is already on his second contract. I'd not say he's immobile object in the middle. But he gets it down a little differently. I remember Ted Washington being a classic two gap nose tackle - unbelievable size, strength and side to side mobility. Williams gets into his gap real quick and low (hard to stop that big a body that low and quick) and then the unbelivable part of his play - he always gets to where the ball is once shoots through the gap, unlike some who can penetrate but nowhere near the ball.

Comment

• Night Train
                      Retired - On Several Levels
                      • Jul 2005

I don't think he's nearly as good as the stories make him out to be.

He would be far more effective as a slicing DT in a 4-3 but his run D can be hit or miss and it's the later more often than many care to admit. A likeable guy, yes.
                      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                        Peterman Sucks!
                        • Mar 2006

Pretty sad when our best defensive player is a guy who doesn't even fit the scheme.

Having said that Williams has done a pretty solid job this year however you can't just completely dismiss the fact that our run D is absolutely putrid and he's a reason for it.

Comment

• colin
                          Drew's my hero!
                          • Jul 2002

at mcfadden's in nyc in the 06 for the season opener I met two kids (mid 20s i suppose) from the Louisiana area who knew him well (were at his wedding and such) who knew him. said he was a great guy, and they were bills fans because of him. we lost that heartbreaker of a game to the faketriots by one point in that game, TKO's last as a bill. anyhow, he was a 5th round rook starter for the team, and he's been pretty dang solid ever since. I think he's our best player and i think our d is a pass rusher and lb or two from being sick.

Comment

• TigerJ
                            • Jul 2002

I admit to being no expert. I'm just glad the run defense has improved over the last couple games. I don't know how much of that is Kyle Williams coming into his own, or moving Kelsay to DE rather than OLB and playing more 4-3. Whatever it is, I hope the trend continues.
                            I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
                            X