Jake Locker and Washington VS UCLA on ESPN Now......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sven233
    • Mar 2005

Jake Locker and Washington VS UCLA on ESPN Now......

I know many are off the Jake Locker bandwagon, but he is playing right now on ESPN if you want it. He is coming off a rib injury so he is banged up, but it is his last game at Home, so he will probably look to bring his best.

Fact is, I have been leading the charge for Luck this year, but it is looking more and more like we will not have a shot at getting him.....and now, not because he won't come out or doesn't want to come to Buffalo, but because the Bills are too good a team (I know, right?) to get the first pick in the draft. I see the Bills winning a couple more games and will probably be picking in the Top 5, but they really don't have a shot at #1. The Panthers got that locked up as far as I'm concerned. They are awful. The Bills, while bad, are competing and will win more games and just won't have a shot at Luck unless they trade. And that isn't going to happen.

Anyway, with that said, we will be looking at Mallett or Locker later in the Draft (not that much later if they decide to go that way). I still think Locker is a good QB, but he may be the toughest QB in the draft to evaluate because of the lack of talent around him. I have watched a lot of his games the last couple years and he has a lot of drops from his WRs. So, he is really tough to evaluate in may ways. I will be looking to see what he can do at the Senior Bowl and when he gets into a position to work with better players. I think he has natural talent, jut tough to evaluate how much. But he may be an option late in Round 1 or early in Round 2 if the Bills decide to go that way.

So, check him out if you want to tonight. Washington has to win their last 3 games to get to a Bowl, so they will need to play their best and Locker will need to be a big part of that. ESPN....on now!
  • SeatownBillsFan21
    • Mar 2004

Re: Jake Locker and Washington VS UCLA on ESPN Now......

I still Love Jake but its me being a Homer i think hes still got tons of upside i will be watching as i have been since he was a freshmen.Go Dawgs

Comment

• X-Era
      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
      • Feb 2005

I'm working on a report for the profile now. But, so far, I see more of the same. A guy who just doesn't play with the mental markup that you want. Way too many throws where he threw it into coverage or right at the defender. Makes his accuracy look very shaky. Also hasn't shown that he can go through progressions at all.

Comment

• Bangarang
        • Sep 2010

Just looked at the box score to the game and...

8/17 - 58 yards - 0 td - 1 int

I haven't seen a second of the game yet but the stats seem to tell me that he's playing pretty poorly. Was hoping this kid could turn things around but he's being exposed more and more with every snap.

Comment

• X-Era
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Bangarang

I haven't seen a second of the game yet but the stats seem to tell me that he's playing pretty poorly. Was hoping this kid could turn things around but he's being exposed more and more with every snap.
          I feel like any team that wants to draft him will have to convince themselves that they can make him a solid QB who can read defenses and make smart decisions, because he isn't that now.

I'm not sure I want us to be trying to teach that stuff. I'd rather have a guy that has shown he can do it for many years as a starter.

Comment

• Nighthawk
            Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Bangarang

And he is a prime example of why it makes no sense for a player to stay in school when they are projected to go high in the draft. Enter the draft when the hype is at it's highest...doing anything else makes no sense at all.

Comment

• X-Era
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Nighthawk
              And he is a prime example of why it makes no sense for a player to stay in school when they are projected to go high in the draft. Enter the draft when the hype is at it's highest...doing anything else makes no sense at all.
              Agree. He may have lost money. And at this point, he should stay in school for another 2 years... which he obviously can't.

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by X-Era
                Agree. He may have lost money. And at this point, he should stay in school for another 2 years... which he obviously can't.
                He's a senior, you knew that right?
                Last edited by X-Era; 11-18-2010, 09:34 PM.

Comment

• X-Era
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Extremebillsfan247
                  He's a senior, you knew that right?
                  Yes.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                    • Dec 2005

I was catching up on some website/advertising stuff and disecting Barbara Streisand song lyrics with Tim Graham on Twitter.

How'd Locker look tonight?

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Oaf
                      Do you read what you write?
                      • Jun 2007

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                      I was catching up on some website/advertising stuff and disecting Barbara Streisand song lyrics with Tim Graham on Twitter.

Nice name drop?

Read the thread.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • May 2009

i would take cam newton or ryan mallet over jake locker

Comment

• tampabay25690
                          • Feb 2004

I was big on Jake Locker and now shows he should have came out last year. This year has been a struggle for him at Washington. Look slike his draft status will continue to slide but a mid to late 1st is where I still think he will go. Probably the 2nd or 3rd QB taken. I know alot of you are big on Mallett but NFL teams will see what type of guy he is and the lack of mobility that he brings...
                          GO Gators!!!!!!
                          GO GATORS!!

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006

To sum it nicely, he was horrendous.
                            COMING SOON...
                            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• k-oneputt
                              • Jun 2009

What was horrendus was those UCLA qb's. That had to be the worst group of qb's I've seen all year. I can't beleive Neuheisal can't find a qb in SoCal somewhere. That was ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                              X