PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Kerrigan

DesertFox24
11-19-2010, 11:01 AM
DB/X-Era,

Can Kerrigan be a 34 OLB, the guy is productive as hell and if you go off of last years draft Nix is going to take productive players.

My perfect world we trade down get more picks take a defensive stud and then either trade back up for Locker and let him develop for min 2 years (Fitz remaining years) or just use every pick and draft a Enderle Dalton Ponder later.

Anyway can Kerrigan be an OLB?

justasportsfan
11-19-2010, 11:09 AM
he doesn't seem to be a one year wonder . NIx has drafted no name players from small colleges.

Yasgur's Farm
11-19-2010, 11:23 AM
DB/X-Era,

Can Kerrigan be a 34 OLB, the guy is productive as hell and if you go off of last years draft Nix is going to take productive players.

My perfect world we trade down get more picks take a defensive stud and then either trade back up for Locker and let him develop for min 2 years (Fitz remaining years) or just use every pick and draft a Enderle Dalton Ponder later.

Anyway can Kerrigan be an OLB?Fits is a free agent come 2012... We only have him locked up 1 more year.

DraftBoy
11-19-2010, 11:57 AM
He's a little big at 6'4, 263 and Im not a fan of his first step which is what I like to see in 3-4 OLB's.

He could do it, but Im hesitant to move non overly athletic DE's out of the three point stance.

DesertFox24
11-19-2010, 01:03 PM
He's a little big at 6'4, 263 and Im not a fan of his first step which is what I like to see in 3-4 OLB's.

He could do it, but Im hesitant to move non overly athletic DE's out of the three point stance.
That is kind of what I was thinking he reminds me a lot of Aaron Kampman

Meaning he would be great for a 43 team.

NOT THE DUDE...
11-19-2010, 02:15 PM
i live in michigan and watch lots of big ten games... this kid will be a top 10 pick. he has superior size, superior speed, superior power, technigue, and overall athletic ability to be one hell of a 34 olb... i think just last week he had like 12 tackles, 4 sacks and a ff... he is the real deal, he can bull rush, or dip his shouler... think merriman before the injuries... if buffalo has like the 4th pick we might be tempted to take him...

obviously defense starts with pass rush, and he is probably the best pass rusher in college football... imo... also i would be just as happy with dareus, fairley or bowers... but i think kerrigan flashes the most dominance...

X-Era
11-19-2010, 03:01 PM
I see a 4-3 DE type.

DraftBoy
11-19-2010, 04:59 PM
i live in michigan and watch lots of big ten games... this kid will be a top 10 pick. he has superior size, superior speed, superior power, technigue, and overall athletic ability to be one hell of a 34 olb... i think just last week he had like 12 tackles, 4 sacks and a ff... he is the real deal, he can bull rush, or dip his shouler... think merriman before the injuries... if buffalo has like the 4th pick we might be tempted to take him...

obviously defense starts with pass rush, and he is probably the best pass rusher in college football... imo... also i would be just as happy with dareus, fairley or bowers... but i think kerrigan flashes the most dominance...

Im not sold on him in the top 10, he isn't quite that good imo.

Id put him in the bottom of Round 1 with the potential to possibly crack the top 15 but he better wow at the combine.

DraftBoy
11-19-2010, 05:00 PM
Oh and Kerrigan's line was;

10 tackles, 5 for loss, 4 sacks 2 FF

X-Era
11-19-2010, 05:17 PM
For some reason Kerrigan reminds me a bit of Kelsay.

SaviorEdwards
11-19-2010, 07:06 PM
For some reason Kerrigan reminds me a bit of Kelsay.
no way....kerrigan is a beast!!!! Teams double and triple team him and he still puts up numbers, if he's not the big ten defensive player of the year it will be a crime!!!! Forget he plays for Purdue and just watch this kid.

NOT THE DUDE...
11-19-2010, 07:28 PM
say we trade to pick 12-15 or so for another 2nd.

1 kerrigan
2 cameron heyward
2 gabe carimi
3 ilb
4 ilb
4 cb
5 blocking te
6 c
7 bpa

SaviorEdwards
11-19-2010, 08:16 PM

1 kerrigan
2 cameron heyward
2 gabe carimi
3 ilb
4 ilb
4 cb
5 blocking te
6 c
7 bpa

What do you think of Clayborne? I'm can't wait to watch Clayborne and heyward in back to back series tommorow afternoon

NOT THE DUDE...
11-19-2010, 10:40 PM
i think clayborn is really solid, not dominant but very strong and solid, a phil hansen type... he has had a down year compared to last year but it hasnt been bad per se.. last year he was borderline dominant...

im sure clayborn will be a top 15 pick, if we trade down, he would be a solid option, although i would prefer kerrigan...

NOT THE DUDE...
11-19-2010, 10:42 PM
the 3 players i think can end up being dominant at the next level are dareus, kerrigan and fairley... i think dareus if in the right scheme can be a great great player... he has incredible athletic ability for someone being 6-4 320... he is the strongest out of them all...

i like fitz and think he is a top 15 qb in the league... we can win with him... draft front 7 on d... imo

X-Era
11-20-2010, 09:46 AM
no way....kerrigan is a beast!!!! Teams double and triple team him and he still puts up numbers, if he's not the big ten defensive player of the year it will be a crime!!!! Forget he plays for Purdue and just watch this kid.Kelsay was pretty good at Nebraska too. As was Wistrom.

X-Era
11-20-2010, 09:54 AM
BTW, Kerrigan is now added to my scouting list for todays game.

psubills62
11-20-2010, 12:55 PM
I'm a big fan of Kerrigan. He's not one of those players who will amaze you with his athletic ability, and he won't tear up the combine. Subsequently, I'm not sure how good of a fit he is at 3-4 OLB.

That being said...the guy consistently dominates games. And not just against the cupcakes - he brings it in all the big games. His situation reminds me of Brandon Graham last year - the star on a bad defense (though Purdue's is better than Michigan's last year), yet consistently makes plays.

I see him as one of those players that isn't a top-20 guy in the draft, but is very, very solid and will almost certainly be successful in the NFL. He'll go to a decent team in the mid-to-late first round and have a good career.

Seems like he'd be a good fit for the Colts - Jerry Hughes is Freeney's successor, Kerrigan could be Mathis' successor on the other side. Would complement each other pretty well, imo.

X-Era
11-20-2010, 01:25 PM
I'm a big fan of Kerrigan. He's not one of those players who will amaze you with his athletic ability, and he won't tear up the combine. Subsequently, I'm not sure how good of a fit he is at 3-4 OLB.

That being said...the guy consistently dominates games. And not just against the cupcakes - he brings it in all the big games. His situation reminds me of Brandon Graham last year - the star on a bad defense (though Purdue's is better than Michigan's last year), yet consistently makes plays.

I see him as one of those players that isn't a top-20 guy in the draft, but is very, very solid and will almost certainly be successful in the NFL. He'll go to a decent team in the mid-to-late first round and have a good career.

Seems like he'd be a good fit for the Colts - Jerry Hughes is Freeney's successor, Kerrigan could be Mathis' successor on the other side. Would complement each other pretty well, imo.The Colts? They seem to like the smaller finesse rushers while Kerrigan is a bull rusher.

psubills62
11-20-2010, 02:32 PM
The Colts? They seem to like the smaller finesse rushers while Kerrigan is a bull rusher.

Eh, I thought Mathis was bigger than he actually is. I still think Kerrigan would be a good fit, especially with his motor. He seems to be a pretty ideal LDE.

DraftBoy
11-20-2010, 06:53 PM

1 kerrigan
2 cameron heyward
2 gabe carimi
3 ilb
4 ilb
4 cb
5 blocking te
6 c
7 bpa

Neither Heyward or Carmini are lasting till Rd 2 at this point.

Ginger Vitis
11-20-2010, 07:49 PM

1 kerrigan
2 cameron heyward
2 gabe carimi
3 ilb
4 ilb
4 cb
5 blocking te
6 c
7 bpa

If the Bills end up picking 1st or 2nd overall they better get a heck of a lot more than one 2nd Round pick to drop into the 12 -15 range

NOT THE DUDE...
11-22-2010, 01:09 AM
kerrigan dominated again this past saturday... hes going to be a top 10 pick...

with buffalo improving and probably picking between 4-8 kerrigan makes perfect sense. defense starts with pass rush...

DraftBoy
11-22-2010, 07:20 AM
kerrigan dominated again this past saturday... hes going to be a top 10 pick...

with buffalo improving and probably picking between 4-8 kerrigan makes perfect sense. defense starts with pass rush...

No he still doesnt make that much sense. He's not a top 10 talent, and he sure as hell isn't a top 5.

DesertFox24
11-22-2010, 08:09 AM
No he still doesnt make that much sense. He's not a top 10 talent, and he sure as hell isn't a top 5.

I agree I think he is a 12-15 top of guy, but like I feel and like you said his slow first step might limit him to 43 teams only.

X-Era
11-22-2010, 08:12 AM
I agree I think he is a 12-15 top of guy, but like I feel and like you said his slow first step might limit him to 43 teams only.As a wave player in a 3-4 (5 technique) I could see a fit, especially in run downs. But yeah, to me he seems more like a 4-3 player.

DesertFox24
11-22-2010, 08:15 AM
As a wave player in a 3-4 (5 technique) I could see a fit, especially in run downs. But yeah, to me he seems more like a 4-3 player.

I heard a lot of Kampman comparisons and if that is true we know how Kampman did in 34. I do think Kerrigan is a good player but we already have our 34 run down OLB in kelsay we need some guys that can rush. Moats is looking like 1 but we need 2 more.

X-Era
11-22-2010, 08:18 AM
I heard a lot of Kampman comparisons and if that is true we know how Kampman did in 34. I do think Kerrigan is a good player but we already have our 34 run down OLB in kelsay we need some guys that can rush. Moats is looking like 1 but we need 2 more.He's stronger and a better pass rusher than Kelsay but the size is similar. I really think he gets drafted as a 4-3 DE.

Ground Chuck
11-24-2010, 05:50 PM
He's Aaron Schobel

X-Era
11-24-2010, 06:22 PM
He's Aaron SchobelWhy Aaron Schobel? Aaron was undersized to play DE in a 3-4 at 250 something, and was more of a pass rushing 4-3 DE. I see more of a guy like Grant Wistrom.

Ground Chuck
11-25-2010, 09:55 AM
Kerrigan would be best in a 4-3 scheme. He can't play OLB in a 3-4 and isnt really a 3-4 DE

JCBills
11-25-2010, 06:21 PM
Why Aaron Schobel? Aaron was undersized to play DE in a 3-4 at 250 something, and was more of a pass rushing 4-3 DE. I see more of a guy like Grant Wistrom.

Schobel used to be 262 lbs. Yeah Kerrigan doesn't explode off the snap, but he makes a ton of plays down the line from the backside, and uses his hands very well to maximize his power in the bull rush. Might be able to play LOLB in a 3-4, but nobody really would know unless it happened. I think he could make up for the lack of a great first step with technique and power once engaged. The guy is a player, he leads the nation in tackles for loss, and tied the NCAA record for forced fumbles.

Either way, I'm hoping we take a pass rusher in the first. To me it seems like the most obvious need on this team.

SaviorEdwards
11-25-2010, 10:35 PM
Schobel used to be 262 lbs. Yeah Kerrigan doesn't explode off the snap, but he makes a ton of plays down the line from the backside, and uses his hands very well to maximize his power in the bull rush. Might be able to play LOLB in a 3-4, but nobody really would know unless it happened. I think he could make up for the lack of a great first step with technique and power once engaged. The guy is a player, he leads the nation in tackles for loss, and tied the NCAA record for forced fumbles.

Either way, I'm hoping we take a pass rusher in the first. To me it seems like the most obvious need on this team.

LOL do you even watch the Bills games??? The only time I see you is for the draft.

JCBills
11-26-2010, 09:48 AM
LOL do you even watch the Bills games??? The only time I see you is for the draft.

? I never miss a game.

Also didn't know that mid season counts as the draft :P