Ryan Fitzpatrick = Tyler Thigpen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

Ryan Fitzpatrick = Tyler Thigpen

Anybody who still believes that Fitzpatrick is the answer to our QB problem, then you need to look no further then Thigpen last night. Both of these guys had successful season because of Gailey...and that is it. Both were mediocre before then and Thigpen has been mediocre after Gailey.

This just shows that this team is still in major need of a franchise QB and everybody needs to stop with the "Fitz is our answer at QB" crap.
  • cocamide
    • Oct 2006

Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick = Tyler Thigpen

This argument is horrible and my opinion about it has nothing to do with whether or not I agree with your conclusion. You argue that Fitz is successful only because of Gailey. Well, if that's true, then why not let him be successful here as long as Gailey is the coach?

Comment

• Bill Cody
      • Sep 2004

I think Andrew Luck is our answer at QB. Now the Bills have to stick with the plan and continue to play entertaining football and find new and excruciating ways to lose every week.

Comment

• mrbojanglezs
        • Jan 2010

thigpen put up 0 points last night

I think fitz is better than thigpen,

but I agree he could be a starter but he is not the answer

Comment

• Nighthawk
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by cocamide
          This argument is horrible and my opinion about it has nothing to do with whether or not I agree with your conclusion. You argue that Fitz is successful only because of Gailey. Well, if that's true, then why not let him be successful here as long as Gailey is the coach?
          Honestly, if you can't see it, then nothing I can say will help you out. Fitz is a very mediocre QB in this league who is not capable of leading a team to a championship.

Comment

• Dr. Taylor Zaius
            Senior Zoner
            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Nighthawk
            Anybody who still believes that Fitzpatrick is the answer to our QB problem, then you need to look no further then Thigpen last night. Both of these guys had successful season because of Gailey...and that is it. Both were mediocre before then and Thigpen has been mediocre after Gailey.

This just shows that this team is still in major need of a franchise QB and everybody needs to stop with the "Fitz is our answer at QB" crap.
            You're exactly right. Great post.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
              Legendary Zoner
              • May 2009

Honestly, if you can't see it, then nothing I can say will help you out. Fitz is a very mediocre QB in this league who is not capable of leading a team to a championship.
              agreed 100%, if people don't see this, then they need to have their glaucoma checked out further.

Comment

• cocamide
                • Oct 2006

I can certainly "see it." Here's your argument:

Thigpen with Gailey = successful
                Thigpen after Gailey = unsuccessful
                Fitz before Gailey = unsuccessful
                Fitz with Gailey = successful

Therefore, Fitz is not the answer. The conclusion could be correct, but it doesn't follow logically from your premises.

You obviously missed my point. Reread what I wrote. I wasn't saying that Fitz is the answer, I was just saying that your logic is flawed. You state that Fitz is only successful because of Gailey. Last I checked, Gailey is our current coach and will probably be here for a while, so if Fitz can be successful with him, then what's the problem? Should we look for Stevie's replacement, too, because he wasn't successful before Gailey got here?
                Last edited by cocamide; 11-19-2010, 12:28 PM.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • May 2009

Therefore, Fitz is not the answer. The conclusion could be correct, but it doesn't follow logically from your premises.

You obviously missed my point. Reread what I wrote. I wasn't saying that Fitz is the answer, I was just saying that your logic is flawed. You state that Fitz is only successful because of Gailey. Last I checked, Gailey is our current coach and will probably be here for a while, so if Fitz can be successful with him, then what's the problem? Should we look for Stevie's replacement, too, because he wasn't successful before Gailey got here?
                  but he's not even successful. he is playing slightly above average. i for one cannot deal with another year of fitzpatrick throwing an interception at the worst possible time and losing the game for the team.
                  Last edited by BertSquirtgum; 11-19-2010, 12:31 PM.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                    • Jul 2002

I like your effort to spin the discussion, but it all comes back to Fitz not being good enough. Can you guarantee me that Gailey will still be here for Fitz's entire career? If not, your logic fails.

Comment

• cocamide
                      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts
                      but he's not even successful. he is playing slightly above average. i for one cannot deal with another year of fitzpatrick throwing an interception at the worst possible time and losing the game for the team.
                      Successful is the word used by the OP to describe Fitz and Thigpen under Gailey. I also cringe whenever we're in a critical situation and Fitz drops back to pass.

Comment

• cocamide
                        • Oct 2006

I like your effort to spin the discussion, but it all comes back to Fitz not being good enough. Can you guarantee me that Gailey will still be here for Fitz's entire career? If not, your logic fails.
                        Of course I can't. Guarantees about the future are tough. Can you guarantee that Fitz can't win a SB under Gailey? Of course not; however, based on the history of the Bills and how difficult it is to win a SB, I'd say that it doesn't matter who the QB is, we aren't winning a SB anyways. Can you guarantee that Luck will have success in the NFL? Of course not, but it seems that most people are real high on him, so I have no objections to us drafting him, and if he does get drafted, then I'll want nothing more than for people's hopes about him to be fulfilled.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                          • Jul 2002

Of course I can't. Guarantees about the future are tough. Can you guarantee that Fitz can't win a SB under Gailey? Of course not; however, based on the history of the Bills and how difficult it is to win a SB, I'd say that it doesn't matter who the QB is, we aren't winning a SB anyways. Can you guarantee that Luck will have success in the NFL? Of course not, but it seems that most people are real high on him, so I have no objections to us drafting him, and if he does get drafted, then I'll want nothing more than for people's hopes about him to be fulfilled.
                          See, there is your problem...I have facts backing up my opinion. Fact is, Fitz has been mediocre or worse his entire career before Gailey. Fact, Thigpen was mediocre before Gailey and mediocre after his time with Gailey. Those are facts that you can't keep ignoring while trying to make your point.

Comment

• cocamide
                            • Oct 2006

See, there is your problem...I have facts backing up my opinion. Fact is, Fitz has been mediocre or worse his entire career before Gailey. Fact, Thigpen was mediocre before Gailey and mediocre after his time with Gailey. Those are facts that you can't keep ignoring while trying to make your point.
                            I'm not ignoring the facts at all. Do you know what a premise is? I stated that these were your premises, i.e., the facts or assumptions used to reach your conclusion:

You're making the generalization that because Thigpen reverted back to being mediocre after he split from Gailey, then Fitz will suffer the same fate. You're saying that Fitz is a mediocre QB that's looking better than he actually is because of the way Gailey runs his offense.

Comment

• TheBrownBear
                              • Dec 2004

If anything, given the logic you employ, your argument proves that Fitzpatrick is clearly better than Thigpen. Thigpen had a 76 passer rating under Gailey, while Fitzpatrick has an 86 rating. Thigpen completed 54.8% of his passes, while Fitzpatrick is completing 59%. Thigpen threw 18 TDs and 12 INTs, while Fitzpatrick is on pace for 25 TDs and 12 INTs. Fitzpatrick is clearly the better player.

I'm not saying Fitzpatrick is any kind of longterm solution to our quarterback woes, but I'm so sick and tired of these idiotic Fitzpatrick=Thigpen arguments that people keep throwing out there to diminish what Fitzpatrick has done this season. Ultimately, what we think/feel about the QB situation doesn't make a lick of difference. If the Luck enters the draft and he's there when we select, we'll take him (and rightly so). And if he's not, maybe we look to Mallet or Locker or whomever. I'm just not sure what the point is of this perpetual criticism against Fitz - especially since he's a previous career back-up who has turned out to be one of our best players this season.

Comment

Working...
                              X