• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • baalworship
    • May 2003

We have the #1 pick again...

From Great Blue North Report:

# November 19 (7:00 PM): Bills 'surge' back in front in race for top pick ... It kind of got lost in all the excitement of last night's 16-0 win by Chicago over Miami, but the Bears win added a 'W' to the collective won-lost record of Carolina's opoonents this year, while Buffalo added a win and two losses. As a result, Buffalo has a slightly weaker 'strength of schedule' tie-breaker (.565) than Carolina (.572) and would have the #1 pick overall were the draft held today, while the Panthers would pick second. The first-round 2011 selection order were the draft held today will be fully updated after Monday night's game.

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
    The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
    • Feb 2005

Re: We have the #1 pick again...

too bad the bills will win 1-2 more games while carloina will not
    bills suck at sucking
    In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

I hear you... but I hope we win out.

The draft is still a crapshoot..ESPECIALLY for the Bills.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Don't Panic
        All-Pro Zoner
        • Dec 2005

Panthers are in trouble. They are decimated by injury and may very well not even come close to winning another game. Then again, it is the NFL and week to week you never know which team will show up. I think we'll end up winning 1 more and end up with a tougher SOS, so we'll probably need Carolina to win 2 more, which is doubtful. If I were a betting man, I'd say we're going to be picking #2.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
          • Feb 2005

A win by Bears or Dolphins made no difference... 1 win on Bills schedule... 1 loss on Bills schedule.

Comment

• Nighthawk
            Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by draz54
            A win by Bears or Dolphins made no difference... 1 win on Bills schedule... 1 loss on Bills schedule.
            Not true...the Dolphins are actually on our schedule twice, thus the loss counts twice.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
              • Feb 2005

Good point... But that means we gotta beat 'em the 2nd time to make a difference... Or do we gotta loose... I'm gettin' confused now.

Comment

• IAG
                • Jan 2005

Andrew Luck. Do anything we can to get him.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                  Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by draz54
                  Good point... But that means we gotta beat 'em the 2nd time to make a difference... Or do we gotta loose... I'm gettin' confused now.

We don't have to do anything. We just have to hope they continue to lose...it helps out the Bills cause.

Comment

• Ed
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                    We don't have to do anything. We just have to hope they continue to lose...it helps out the Bills cause.
                    Yeah, the more the teams we play lose and the more the teams the Panthers play win, puts the SOS tie-breaker in our favor.

Comment

• Demon
                      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Night Train
                      I hear you... but I hope we win out.

The draft is still a crapshoot..ESPECIALLY for the Bills.
                      That makes no sense whats so ever.

Carolina is showing how its done. You TANK to get better. They will tank, they will get the #1 pick, they will get the coach they want, and they will get their franchise QB and they'll be in the playoffs while the Bills are still asking for patience in our rebuilding process thats 10+ years now.
                      Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• mikemac2001
                        is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Demon
                        That makes no sense whats so ever.

Carolina is showing how its done. You TANK to get better. They will tank, they will get the #1 pick, they will get the coach they want, and they will get their franchise QB and they'll be in the playoffs while the Bills are still asking for patience in our rebuilding process thats 10+ years now.

tho i agree what if luck doesn't come out ...will u still be happy with mallet or locker at 1 just asking because thats how your theory is playing out....

I want luck btw just saying.

MUCK
                        FIAMI

Comment

• X-Era
                          What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by mikemac2001
                          tho i agree what if luck doesn't come out ...will u still be happy with mallet or locker at 1 just asking because thats how your theory is playing out....

No. Not at 1. After Luck, Gabbert is my next favorite in round 2 or so. Mallett and Locker will go higher than Gabbert, but I like him better than both to be honest. Most of my opinion on Mallett is about his character. If he comes out of the interviews clean, I would have no problem with him.

Comment

• Demon
                            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by mikemac2001

No. But, who's to say they will draft one of them? The higher we pick the better prospect we can get as long as our people do their homework, which i am counting on. If they are not sold on Locker or Mallet, they won't go with QB that high.

I think, with no Luck, they try to draft the best player available for either the OL or DL and try to trade for Kolb.
                            Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• mikemac2001
                              is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by X-Era
                              No. Not at 1. After Luck, Gabbert is my next favorite in round 2 or so. Mallett and Locker will go higher than Gabbert, but I like him better than both to be honest. Most of my opinion on Mallett is about his character. If he comes out of the interviews clean, I would have no problem with him.

idk about gab i like him then i watch him maybe it is his players around but for some reason i hate watching qbs always in shotty and he always seems like he is. (but so do the bills)

gab in 2nd or 3rd i can deal with. but not in first

MUCK
                              FIAMI

Comment

Working...
                              X