PDA

View Full Version : What if the Bills drafted Kellen Moore?

Ebenezer
11-20-2010, 06:39 PM
I know he is a Junior and only 6'1" but since the Bills probably won't have the 1st overall what would people think if they drafted Kellen Moore in the 2nd or 3rd round (should he rate out that high)? I don't like that he is a lefty - that alone is a huge red flag.

Thoughts?

X-Era
11-20-2010, 06:42 PM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=193736

I'm not as high as some on him. I think his arm strength is suspect as is his decision making... he will just heave it up at times. The success is certainly there though.

Buffalo Thriller
11-20-2010, 06:48 PM
No, 5 other guys i would rather have.

DraftBoy
11-20-2010, 06:50 PM
He's got the intangibles you want but he's very limited physically, and has never really been tested.

Lots of risk with that pick, and a likely high bust factor.

SaviorEdwards
11-20-2010, 06:58 PM
wow kellen moore? He is awful!!!! Anyone see his butterflies he floats out there??? This guy will get eaten alive when he faces DBs w/ any speed whatsoever. I'll take him....as an undrafted free agent to get donuts for the coaching staff.

EricStratton
11-20-2010, 07:01 PM
How does being a lefty raise a red flag Eb?

Ebenezer
11-20-2010, 08:05 PM
How does being a lefty raise a red flag Eb?
Not a fan of having to "mirror" the offense. Not that this team has any Ts of NFL quality but with a lefty QB they would need a strong RT, play the TE on the other side, opposite spiral on the ball, etc. Then if he gets hurt and you have a righty back up then what can he do in an offense set up for a lefty?

Demon
11-20-2010, 09:30 PM
People on this board LOVE bad QBS and fall in love so quickly with the most random players. Kaleen Moore is obviously a system QB. I doubt he makes it when he hits the real world outside of the blue grass in Idaho.

Last year, all these people here were claiming Jimmy Clausen and Tony Pike were the next players to being saviors.

CuseJetsFan83
11-20-2010, 09:52 PM
to be honest i think kellen moore would end up like brad smith from the jets...... a player that will have to switch positions/roles to make a roster, but the team wouldn't be afraid to use them in a wildcat set and occasionally make a throw or two.

with that being said.... anything higher than a 3rd or 4th rounder would be wayyyyy to high

tampabay25690
11-20-2010, 10:04 PM
to be honest i think kellen moore would end up like brad smith from the jets...... a player that will have to switch positions/roles to make a roster, but the team wouldn't be afraid to use them in a wildcat set and occasionally make a throw or two.

with that being said.... anything higher than a 3rd or 4th rounder would be wayyyyy to high

I dont see Moore even close to a Brad Smith type.

Jamiezzz
11-20-2010, 10:06 PM
Sure, in the 7th round.

BertSquirtgum
11-20-2010, 11:08 PM
the buffalo wind would never allow him to pass the ball beyond 10 yards.

Extremebillsfan247
11-21-2010, 12:01 AM
I know he is a Junior and only 6'1" but since the Bills probably won't have the 1st overall what would people think if they drafted Kellen Moore in the 2nd or 3rd round (should he rate out that high)? I don't like that he is a lefty - that alone is a huge red flag.

Thoughts?

More often than not people tend to overlook the system and other talent that surrounds a QB at the college level. Which is why I think you see so many of these QBs come out after having a really good college career and fail at the next level. Sometimes its just the players around him that make him actually look like a more viable QB than his talent level would otherwise suggest. Of course, that isn't always the case, but I'm willing to bet it is to a point.

If you look at this from the other side of the spectrum, sometimes a more talented QB can get overlooked because of the system and talent that surrounds him at the college level. Jake Locker could be a good case study of this hypothesis. Does anyone here think if Andrew Luck played QB at Washington this year that anyone would still be considering him top shelf? Now I'm not saying he isn't talented because Andrew Luck is definitely a gifted young QB. But Stanford also has a very good system and other talent on that team that makes them competitive each week. The same could be said in the case of Kellen Moore who is lucky enough to be in a system that works for him, and being surrounded by outstanding talent at other positions. JMO

mikemac2001
11-21-2010, 12:14 AM
i actually thought to myself what about moore...then i watched him the other night and i was like hell no his passes were ugly and soft...maybe he could lead a dome team to playoffs but we would never be a top team with him and we would never want to host a playoff game. his passes are just to weak....good kid with great heart and is a winner but buffalo is not the place

CuseJetsFan83
11-21-2010, 01:25 AM
I dont see Moore even close to a Brad Smith type.

didn't say he'd be LIKE him... just saying he'd have to be like him by switching positions because he definitely doesn't look like he will be throwing the ball on sundays regularly

Crisis
11-21-2010, 02:27 AM
poor man's chad pennington

mayotm
11-21-2010, 08:08 AM
didn't say he'd be LIKE him... just saying he'd have to be like him by switching positions because he definitely doesn't look like he will be throwing the ball on sundays regularlyHe's not a good enough athlete to change positions. He will be a QB or else not in the league.

Night Train
11-21-2010, 08:47 AM
He's got the intangibles you want but he's very limited physically, and has never really been tested.

Lots of risk with that pick, and a likely high bust factor.

In other words, an outstanding college QB who's physical makeup and skill sets don't translate well to the pro's. These are guys you draft on Day 2 and hope for a diamond in the rough with little to no risk. Rarely do they turn out.

EricStratton
11-21-2010, 08:59 AM
the buffalo wind would never allow him to pass the ball beyond 10 yards.

Because the wind never blows in Idaho.

I'm not pushing this kid but he may actually play in an area with worse weather then Buffalo.

Tatonka
11-21-2010, 09:50 AM
didn't say he'd be LIKE him... just saying he'd have to be like him by switching positions because he definitely doesn't look like he will be throwing the ball on sundays regularly

what possible position could Kellen Moore play in the nfl???? he is Colt Brennan.

Ickybaluky
11-21-2010, 10:41 AM
Not a fan of having to "mirror" the offense. Not that this team has any Ts of NFL quality but with a lefty QB they would need a strong RT, play the TE on the other side, opposite spiral on the ball, etc. Then if he gets hurt and you have a righty back up then what can he do in an offense set up for a lefty?

If the guy can play the position, who cares if he is a lefty? I mean, Mike Vick is playing pretty good right now, no?

Ken Stabler, Steve Young, Mark Brunnel, Boomer Esiason.

Really, it is so hard to find good QB, why do you care which arm they throw with? Makes no sense to me.

X-Era
11-21-2010, 10:57 AM
If the guy can play the position, who cares if he is a lefty? I mean, Mike Vick is playing pretty good right now, no?

Ken Stabler, Steve Young, Mark Brunnel, Boomer Esiason.

Really, it is so hard to find good QB, why do you care which arm they throw with? Makes no sense to me.Whether he's right or left isn't my issue with him, it's his ability to make good decisions, his arm strength, and accuracy.