PDA

View Full Version : kiss it goodby

THE END OF ALL DAYS
11-21-2010, 02:39 PM
well the suspense and drama is now gone.
the fascination for the first pick in the 2011 draft is now pretty much gone. it was the only thing that was making this season interesting.
now even that will be gone if we win this meaningless game.

rats.

X-Era
11-21-2010, 02:41 PM
the fascination for the first pick in the 2011 draft is now pretty much gone. it was the only thing that was making this season interesting.

rats.Nah... we could always trade up... :D:

SquishDaFish
11-21-2010, 02:42 PM
Give it a ******* break man. We play to WIN games and to IMPROVE!! We are IMPROVING with EVERY GAME!! BE FN HAPPY!!

THE END OF ALL DAYS
11-21-2010, 02:42 PM
lighten up beastmode Im just musing

SquishDaFish
11-21-2010, 02:44 PM
LOL Its not really you. Its the idiots that really think that way. Sorrys to you bro.

X-Era
11-21-2010, 02:46 PM
LOL Its not really you. Its the idiots that really think that way. Sorrys to you bro.I'm issuing a collective BITE US. Relax... fans can be fans in any way they want man.

Joe Fo Sho
11-21-2010, 02:47 PM
Man, it sucks not being the worst team in the NFL.

SquishDaFish
11-21-2010, 02:49 PM
I'm issuing a collective BITE US. Relax... fans can be fans in any way they want man.

Sorry but IMO real fans root for IMPROVEMENT and WINS!!

X-Era
11-21-2010, 02:49 PM
Man, it sucks not being the worst team in the NFL.Yep. It's been "great" for over a decade and it may be "great" for another decade.

X-Era
11-21-2010, 02:50 PM
Sorry but IMO real fans root for IMPROVEMENT and WINS!!I agree. Some just think short term pain for long term gain can equal more wins in the long haul.

Which wins do you want more? going 3 and 13 instead of 1 and 15 or going 10 and 6 with a playoff appearance instead of 6 and 10?

SquishDaFish
11-21-2010, 02:54 PM
I agree. Some just think short term pain for long term gain can equal more wins in the long haul. Which wins do you want more? going 3 and 13 instead of 1 and 15 or going 10 and 6 with a playoff appearance instead of 6 and 10?

I agree with you to a point and that point is as long as we see IMPROVEMENT then it doesnt matter as long as we keep getting better and get the right players together with the core getting better and get this team to be a TEAM that competes. We are seeing the improvements every week and will keep the right players im confident in that. Like I always say the draft is a crapshoot where we have failed every year. Starting this year that needs to change no matter where we draft.

SquishDaFish
11-21-2010, 02:56 PM
I agree. Some just think short term pain for long term gain can equal more wins in the long haul.

Which wins do you want more? going 3 and 13 instead of 1 and 15 or going 10 and 6 with a playoff appearance instead of 6 and 10?

Like I said as long as this team is showing improvements then we are going in the right direction. Now if our front office can get the right mix of players to join the Improvements in the offseason we will be much better and be battling for the playoffs soon enough.

X-Era
11-21-2010, 02:58 PM
I agree with you to a point and that point is as long as we see IMPROVEMENT then it doesnt matter as long as we keep getting better and get the right players together with the core getting better and get this team to be a TEAM that competes. We are seeing the improvements every week and will keep the right players im confident in that. Like I always say the draft is a crapshoot where we have failed every year. Starting this year that needs to change no matter where we draft.As I stated in my quandary thread, I'm worried we won;t get the franchise QB we need and that its a must. Trust me, I don;t want to root for losses... I try to be careful not to. But, I also can't root for mediocrity or worse any more. If stinking up the field gets us the QB that will lead us to the SB, I will be glad. in the long run.

My point is that we are both fans and that we both want the SB win.

And yes, this team is definitely getting better and appears very well coached IMO. But they also have some significant areas where they need better talent.

Joe Fo Sho
11-21-2010, 02:59 PM
Yep. It's been "great" for over a decade and it may be "great" for another decade.

Well being ****ty has been awesome for the Raiders.

X-Era
11-21-2010, 02:59 PM
Like I said as long as this team is showing improvements then we are going in the right direction. Now if our front office can get the right mix of players to join the Improvements in the offseason we will be much better and be battling for the playoffs soon enough.If that happens, I hope your right.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
11-21-2010, 03:04 PM
I think now even the bengels will draft ahead of us
we could drop to like 4th now

X-Era
11-21-2010, 03:06 PM
Well being ****ty has been awesome for the Raiders.Really? Care to look at the standings?

Joe Fo Sho
11-21-2010, 03:11 PM
Really? Care to look at the standings?

Yeah, I know they're doing well. And it's clearly because of Robert Gallery, Michael Huff, Heyward-Bey, and Jamarcus Russell.

X-Era
11-21-2010, 03:12 PM
Yeah, I know they're doing well. And it's clearly because of Robert Gallery, Michael Huff, Heyward-Bey, and Jamarcus Russell.They can't draft, I agree. But I never thought Russell was a franchise QB. Hows it working out for STL?

djjimkelly
11-21-2010, 03:12 PM
im officially depressed for this franchise we cant do anything right

Joe Fo Sho
11-21-2010, 03:13 PM
They can't draft, I agree. But I never though Russell was a franchise QB. Hows it working out for STL?

We can't draft either. Do you really wanna get a top 3 pick for 3 years before showing the slightest signs of improvement?

X-Era
11-21-2010, 03:15 PM
We can't draft either. Do you really wanna get a top 3 pick for 3 years before showing the slightest signs of improvement?So your solution is what? You consider Fitz all we need?

YardRat
11-21-2010, 03:19 PM
As Buff stated in the GDT, building a winning culture is more important than draft position, and Gailey has this team headed in the right direction.

X-Era
11-21-2010, 03:23 PM
As Buff stated in the GDT, building a winning culture is more important than draft position, and Gailey has this team headed in the right direction.I hope thats true.

Novacane
I hope Luck stays in school.

topher180
OMG enough. You will all be bitter when Fitz is back to his old self next year, the Bills go 6-10, and we drafted a CB with the 4th overall pick or some terrible **** like that.

Here's to mediocrity! Wooooooooo!

YardRat
11-21-2010, 03:26 PM
We could use a shut-down corner, actually.

Novacane
11-21-2010, 03:30 PM
We could use a shut-down corner, actually.

We need pass rush a lot more. No corner can cover forever.

Crisis
11-21-2010, 03:31 PM
We need pass rush a lot more. No corner can cover forever.
and LBs...

I think we just need everything on defense.

Michael82
11-21-2010, 03:43 PM
Me too. :pray:

Joe Fo Sho
11-21-2010, 03:44 PM
So your solution is what? You consider Fitz all we need?

I didn't say that, but I don't think that the 1st overall pick is going to be someone who turns us into a Superbowl contender, it's going to take a lot more than 1 person.

You consider Luck all we need?

X-Era
11-21-2010, 03:47 PM
I didn't say that, but I don't think that the 1st overall pick is going to be someone who turns us into a Superbowl contender, it's going to take a lot more than 1 person.

You consider Luck all we need?I don't want to be a downer after a nice win so I'd like to respectfully bow out on this topic after I respond... at least for today.

But yes, I think Luck could be a significant and major piece to building a team that is perpetually a contender. No. It's not the only area of need. But, yes he could be very significant for this team. It's a crap shoot and he could end up being a bust, but to me, it looks very unlikely.

I like Bowers more every week and he could be a great add for this team as well.

SquishDaFish
11-21-2010, 03:50 PM
Totally agree with you on that XEra but cant bring myself to root for losses as long as we are showing some sort of improvements and the team believing in their selves and getting better as a TEAM and hopefully add to that no matter where we draft.

Joe Fo Sho
11-21-2010, 03:56 PM
I don't want to be a downer after a nice win so I'd like to respectfully bow out on this topic after I respond... at least for today.

But yes, I think Luck could be a significant and major piece to building a team that is perpetually a contender. No. It's not the only area of need. But, yes he could be very significant for this team. It's a crap shoot and he could end up being a bust, but to me, it looks very unlikely.

I like Bowers more every week and he could be a great add for this team as well.

I agree that Luck would look really nice in a Bills uniform, but I don't think he's the only way for the Bills to get into the playoffs. Like a lot of people say, it's not where you draft, it's who you draft. Flacco, Rivers, Roethel, Rodgers are all recent examples of playoff caliber QBs not being the first QB taken in the draft.

But anyways, GO BILLS!!

Philagape
11-21-2010, 04:01 PM

rats.

Today's game was WAAAAAYYYYY more fun and thrilling and interesting than worrying about kids who've never played the NFL.

I had zero fascination, zero suspense, zero drama. I don't give a crap about players who are not even rookies yet.

baalworship
11-21-2010, 04:25 PM
There's no point crying about something we can't control. There was a possibility that even if we lost every game Luck would stay in school or refuse to play for the Bills.

Going 0-16 could get a coach fired so Gailey had to try. Regardless we will still have a top pick. Only winnable game left is the Miami game.

justasportsfan
11-21-2010, 04:28 PM
If we don't get Luck by our record, he was never ours to begin with.

Slim
11-21-2010, 04:30 PM
There's no point crying about something we can't control. There was a possibility that even if we lost every game Luck would stay in school or refuse to play for the Bills.

Going 0-16 could get a coach fired so Gailey had to try. Regardless we will still have a top pick. Only winnable game left is the Miami game.

While Minnesota is a way better team than us, they could be beatable. Cleveland is beatable as well.

Demon
11-21-2010, 04:35 PM

He won't. And we'll see how soon Carolina makes the playoffs with him? It's taken over a decade to find a #1 QB.... may take Carolina a few months. Just the difference between "real" and "amateur" football teams.

SquishDaFish
11-21-2010, 04:38 PM
He won't. And we'll see how soon Carolina makes the playoffs with him? It's taken over a decade to find a #1 QB.... may take Carolina a few months. Just the difference between "real" and "amateur" football teams.

Sorry but if Car gets #1 pick they aint takin a QB. They will take that shutdown Corner or that DE that are rated highly

Demon
11-21-2010, 04:39 PM
Sorry but if Car gets #1 pick they aint takin a QB. They will take that shutdown Corner or that DE that are rated highly

Don't fool yourself.

SquishDaFish
11-21-2010, 04:41 PM

An No your WRONG Amateur teams tank to try to either be moved or get a top chance pick. REAL teams try to WIN and IMPROVE as a TEAM. Some people just dont get it.

SquishDaFish
11-21-2010, 04:42 PM
Don't fool yourself.

They are not going to take a QB in top 2 rounds 2 years in a row when they are also high on Moore. sorry but DONT FOOL yourself

HAMMER
11-21-2010, 04:48 PM
An No your WRONG Amateur teams tank to try to either be moved or get a top chance pick. REAL teams try to WIN and IMPROVE as a TEAM. Some people just dont get it.

You are right, some people just don't get it.

Demon
11-21-2010, 04:55 PM
You are trying to tell me some people don't get it, but, at the same time, you're telling me Carolina will PASS on their franchise QB? Riiiiiiiiight.

Pass the bong, brother.

Michael82
11-21-2010, 05:05 PM
They are not going to take a QB in top 2 rounds 2 years in a row when they are also high on Moore. sorry but DONT FOOL yourself
Sorry, but even Sal disagrees with you. They are going to have a whole new staff in there and if someone like Bill Cowher comes there, he's going to want him own guy. Moore is a backup and Clausen looks terrible. He wouldn't pass on Andrew Luck. No way in hell!

X-Era
11-21-2010, 05:07 PM
Sorry, but even Sal disagrees with you. They are going to have a whole new staff in there and if someone like Bill Cowher comes there, he's going to want him own guy. Moore is a backup and Clausen looks terrible. He wouldn't pass on Andrew Luck. No way in hell!I could see him trading down though... especially if it's just a few spots or even one.

Extremebillsfan247
11-21-2010, 05:26 PM
Even if we get 2 more wins we will still pick high enough in the draft to get an impact player even if its not a franchise QB. But I think we should cross that bridge when we get too it. The off season is a very long one and there will be plenty of time to mull over who this team can or probably will get in the draft. Personally, I just want to watch this team play. With the threat of a lockout next year looming, I'm in no hurry to watch this season go by. JMO..