PDA

View Full Version : Anyone still think ....

justasportsfan
11-21-2010, 04:13 PM
Jauron is better than Gailey?

SquishDaFish
11-21-2010, 04:14 PM
I know I never thought that and its nice to see us have a coach who can make halftime adjustments

MikeInRoch
11-21-2010, 04:15 PM
If we still had Jauron and Edwards, after that first half, we lose by about 40.

Joe Fo Sho
11-21-2010, 04:16 PM
But Jaurons win loss percentage was better after 9 weeks!!!

Mr. Pink
Today is a game under Jauron that we lose.

Still don't think Gailey is an improvement though.

X-Era
Jauron is better than Gailey?Absolutely not. But I never did either.

billsfanryan
11-21-2010, 04:17 PM
if we were playing in a defensive league, then yes jauron would be better. I love watching what gailey is doing with this team and it has been fun to watch the games and not see stupid scores of 9-6. I like when points are scored!!!

justasportsfan
11-21-2010, 04:17 PM
Today is a game under Jauron that we lose.

Still don't think Gailey is an improvement though.

:naughty:

Demon
11-21-2010, 04:22 PM
The team just won't their 2nd game of the season. Relax people. Chan Gailey is still a pretty bad coach. In meaningless games, he's careless and have giant balls, and things are working out for him. If his team was better and games meant more, he wouldn't be coaching like he is now and opinions may change, who knows, but, no they got 2 wins people...

justasportsfan
11-21-2010, 04:26 PM
The team just won't their 2nd game of the season. Relax people. Chan Gailey is still a pretty bad coach. In meaningless games, he's careless and have giant balls, and things are working out for him. If his team was better and games meant more, he wouldn't be coaching like he is now and opinions may change, who knows, but, no they got 2 wins people...

I'm by no means annointing him the next BB. Just comparing him with Dick.

SO FAR, we're improving as time moves on with Gailey. Under Dick the team just got worse the longer he stayed. The same thing happened when he was the HC of the bears.

bigfish2112
11-21-2010, 04:27 PM
The team just won't their 2nd game of the season. Relax people. Chan Gailey is still a pretty bad coach. In meaningless games, he's careless and have giant balls, and things are working out for him. If his team was better and games meant more, he wouldn't be coaching like he is now and opinions may change, who knows, but, no they got 2 wins people...chan gailey is not a bad coach our defense is just really bad. If the bills could stop the run the bills would have atleast 4 win.

Demon
11-21-2010, 04:31 PM
I'm by no means annointing him the next BB. Just comparing him with Dick.

SO FAR, we're improving as time moves on with Gailey. Under Dick the team just got worse the longer he stayed. The same thing happened when he was the HC of the bears.

Agreed. But, saying one guy, who is 2-8 is better then another joke, i mean, you're seriously trying to give credit to someone for being better? They both suck. Who sucks more? I don't know, but does it really matter? Jauron is a defensive minded coach... Gailey is offensive, so it's common sense why ones team would score more then the other. Without looking it up, because i really don't care, but in his entire career as a head coach, i doubt Jauron ever allowed his defense to be as bad as this years Bills...

Gailey is better then Jauron, but by how much is the question? Should either of them ever been head coaches in the NFL, probably not...

Demon
11-21-2010, 04:32 PM
chan gailey is not a bad coach our defense is just really bad. If the bills could stop the run the bills would have atleast 4 win.

Pretty much same talent as last year and it was Gailey's call to switch to a 3-4 and it was Gailey who hired George Edwards, no? Don't give him a pass on things he screwed up on.

justasportsfan
11-21-2010, 04:34 PM
Agreed. But, saying one guy, who is 2-8 is better then another joke, i mean, you're seriously trying to give credit to someone for being better? They both suck. Who sucks more? I don't know, but does it really matter? Jauron is a defensive minded coach... Gailey is offensive, so it's common sense why ones team would score more then the other. Without looking it up, because i really don't care, but in his entire career as a head coach, i doubt Jauron ever allowed his defense to be as bad as this years Bills...

Gailey is better then Jauron, but by how much is the question? Should either of them ever been head coaches in the NFL, probably not...

it's also too early to say Gailey sucks. He's had the team for 10 games while trying to fix Dicks mess.

Buffalo Thriller
11-21-2010, 04:43 PM
We are playing with players from the Jaroun era, Gailey just coaches them better

Demon
11-21-2010, 04:47 PM
it's also too early to say Gailey sucks. He's had the team for 10 games while trying to fix Dicks mess.

Look at Gailey's history in NFL and college. On par with what he's doing here... losing and has an effective offense. Unless, you think theres some kind of miracle where he becomes Vince Lombardi? Please..... dude wins 2 games and now you're telling me it's "too early" LOL!

Nighthawk
11-21-2010, 04:49 PM
Look at Gailey's history in NFL and college. On par with what he's doing here... losing and has an effective offense. Unless, you think theres some kind of miracle where he becomes Vince Lombardi? Please..... dude wins 2 games and now you're telling me it's "too early" LOL!

Although I agree, you can't get excited over 2 wins...you are wrong with regards to Gailey. He's always had winning records everywhere he has gone. Also, he is proving to be the good offensive mind that he was thought to be...look at what he has done with Fitzpatrick.

Demon
11-21-2010, 04:53 PM
Although I agree, you can't get excited over 2 wins...you are wrong with regards to Gailey. He's always had winning records everywhere he has gone. Also, he is proving to be the good offensive mind that he was thought to be...look at what he has done with Fitzpatrick.

This is the SAME guy who is some kind of offensive mastermind BUT decided to play Trent Edwards instead of Fitz? One would think an offensive genius would have saw who the better guy was from practice and camp?

Also, any time i see Fitz throw the ball, i think Tyler Thigpen.

justasportsfan
11-21-2010, 04:58 PM
Unless, you think theres some kind of miracle where he becomes Vince Lombardi? Please..... dude wins 2 games and now you're telling me it's "too early" LOL!

Lombardi? I'm only comparing him to Dick. You're already jugding him for his entire career based on his ten games and college which has nothing to do with the NFL?

Nighthawk
11-21-2010, 05:01 PM
This is the SAME guy who is some kind of offensive mastermind BUT decided to play Trent Edwards instead of Fitz? One would think an offensive genius would have saw who the better guy was from practice and camp?

Also, any time i see Fitz throw the ball, i think Tyler Thigpen.

Me too...Thigpen, Jake Delhomme, John Kitna...all guys who have put up great fantasy numbers, but never won a damn thing in their careers. I believe the Edwards thing was a belief that he could turn him into something, like he has done with Fitz.

justasportsfan
11-21-2010, 05:01 PM
One would think an offensive genius would have saw who the better guy was from practice and camp?

Like I said before, Andy Reid picked Kolb to start over Vick inspite of having both qb's longer than one offseason. It took an injury to Kolb for Vick to end up starting and keeping the job. Are you telling me Reid is an idiot for not knowing that he should have started Vick from the very begining?

Ingtar33
11-21-2010, 05:02 PM
call me when we finish better then 7-9

justasportsfan
11-21-2010, 05:03 PM
call me when we finish better then 7-9

I will.

Mr. Pink
11-21-2010, 05:04 PM
This thread shows how obvious it is some people are enamored with offense and stats. Wins be damned as long as we can throw the ball around and look pretty!

Sure Gailey has improved the offense, but the defense is a lot worse now.

2-8 vs 7-9 and the 2-8 guy is an improvement?

Demon
11-21-2010, 05:04 PM
Like I said before, Andy Reid picked Kolb to start over Vick inspite of having both qb's longer than one offseason. It took an injury to Kolb for Vick to end up starting and keeping the job. Are you telling me Reid is an idiot for not knowing that he should have started Vick from the very begining?

Vick missed like 3 years of football and barley played last year backing up McNabb. He was raw.

Gailey has film on Fitz starting at the end of last year and had an "open camp".

I wouldn't call these two all that similar.

justasportsfan
11-21-2010, 05:15 PM
Vick missed like 3 years of football and barley played last year backing up McNabb. He was raw.

Gailey has film on Fitz starting at the end of last year and had an "open camp".

I wouldn't call these two all that similar.
I don't care if Vick was out. Vick was more experienced.

Reid had MORE THAN ONE OFFSEASON to grade his qb's and he's been coaching his team for more than one offseason. Reid not only had film he had btoh qb's playing for him last year.

Gailey had one of season to see both Trent and Fitz.

Try again.

justasportsfan
11-21-2010, 05:17 PM
This thread shows how obvious it is some people are enamored with offense and stats. Wins be damned as long as we can throw the ball around and look pretty!

Sure Gailey has improved the offense, but the defense is a lot worse now.

2-8 vs 7-9 and the 2-8 guy is an improvement?

actually, in Dicks 4th year as the HC, he only had 3 wins. His team got worse. :wink: