PDA

View Full Version : 6th Straight Good/Competitive Game In Row

cpearl
11-21-2010, 06:25 PM
Starting with the JAX game (which we should have won at home), through the Balt (blew lead), KC (missed fgs to win), Chi (blew lead), and the last 2 wins, this team has been competitive in the last 6 games. 7 out of 8 if you count the blown lead in the NE game.

Not saying they should have won all these games, but this team could easily be 5-5.

The positive: they are getting better, not regressing. The coaches have them playing hard and the offense is getting A LOT better each week. We still have a lot of needs, but for the first time in 4-5 years, we can all agree that they are moving in the right direction.

Yasgur's Farm
11-21-2010, 06:41 PM
Defence has shown marked improvement as well.

more cowbell
11-21-2010, 06:43 PM
The fact that this team plays their ass off every week despite their record, and today being down 21 points...speaks alot about them

shelby
11-21-2010, 07:08 PM
This team does not quit. And i have to say that Donte Whitner has shut up and stepped it up of late. We should have 5 w's right now.

Don't Panic
11-21-2010, 07:25 PM
What I am excited about is that we are on a couple key pieces away. If we can get a dominant pass rusher and a RT in the draft and a solid LB free agent (or a motivated Merriman), we could very well be a playoff team next year. The key is the buy-in, which is complete, by the guys on the roster.

trapezeus
11-21-2010, 07:35 PM
team plays better in the third quarter. Huge factor in terms of well coached teams.

i realize some of these plays today are totally randome events, but still. Jauron would not have put teams in positions to win after being down 31-14 after 2.

psubills62
11-21-2010, 07:37 PM
It seems like they fixed a lot of things on offense during the bye week. The defense lagged quite a bit, and still isn't that good, but has been overall better the last three weeks.

YardRat
11-21-2010, 07:39 PM
Don't forget the season opener against Miami, which we could've won also. But, there has been a marked difference in how the team has played before/after the bye week.

Oaf
11-21-2010, 07:45 PM
Guys (and shelby). We should have lost against Detroit last week. Get a grip. Any game we "should have won" (or actually did win) we could have just as easily lost.

The thing that's got me most excited is seeing some actual improvement of a defense last 2-3 weeks.

trapezeus
11-21-2010, 09:51 PM
i can't explain why i feel this, but the second half team actually feels like a team. The first 4 games team felt like a random spattering of players wearing the same clothes.

BertSquirtgum
11-22-2010, 12:00 AM
Guys (and shelby). We should have lost against Detroit last week. Get a grip. Any game we "should have won" (or actually did win) we could have just as easily lost.

The thing that's got me most excited is seeing some actual improvement of a defense last 2-3 weeks.

no

jamze132
11-22-2010, 05:09 AM
Man, could you guys imagine if we had some DEs, a DT, LT, RT, C, OLBs, MLB, K, and a S?