PDA

View Full Version : Is Stevie a Gailey coaching tell?

Akhippo
11-21-2010, 06:38 PM
I love how SJ is coming on this year. He looks like a very reliable threat for the next couple years. However, with both his during game shirt episode and his post game outfit; does Gailey have a handle on this team?

Good teams play with a unified focus. Stevie could potentially stray occasionally from that. Leodis and Spiller seem like they play outside the confines alittle. Moorman has even had me me episodes. The Bengals are a perfect example of when players arent cohesive. They have talent but dont put it together. The patriots being the opposite. They have won with less talent, but have played within the confines of the scheme.

The question is, can Gailey direct all three phases and have them all pointing in the right direction or will he get overwhelmed?

Forward_Lateral
11-21-2010, 06:50 PM
What?

Don't Panic
11-21-2010, 07:27 PM
Yeah... not getting this one. I loved the shirt move. That was the right message at the right time. Stevie is playing confident - a necessity for a WR in the NFL. If Jauron was the coach I may worry but I think Gailey can handle the situation just fine.

baalworship
11-21-2010, 07:37 PM
The fact that he planned before the game to score and was so sure of himself is wonderful news. About time we got a young talented player.

As long as he plays hard I could care less how creative his celebrations are.

Thief
11-21-2010, 07:39 PM
Did you listen to the post game interview or just critique his outfit? Steve Johnson's feet seemed firmly grounded to me.

Jeff1220
11-21-2010, 09:51 PM
If the outfit was all you noticed in that interview, then something is wrong.
But I would guess that he isn't used to being asked to the podium, was in the process of changing, and a Bills PR guy came of to his locker to tell him the media guys wanted him at the podium, so he went right away w/the tank and cap.

OpIv37
11-21-2010, 09:57 PM
wtf are you talking about?

I saw McKelvin take the ball 5 yards deep in the end zone and almost run it out despite the other deep man telling him to take the knee- if McKelvin was "outside the confines" he would have just run it out. But he didn't- he did what his coaches and teammates told him.

And what "me me episodes" from Moorman?

As far as Stevie Johnson, it was just a guy having some fun with the game. Who really cares?

BertSquirtgum
11-21-2010, 10:26 PM
I love how SJ is coming on this year. He looks like a very reliable threat for the next couple years. However, with both his during game shirt episode and his post game outfit; does Gailey have a handle on this team?

Good teams play with a unified focus. Stevie could potentially stray occasionally from that. Leodis and Spiller seem like they play outside the confines alittle. Moorman has even had me me episodes. The Bengals are a perfect example of when players arent cohesive. They have talent but dont put it together. The patriots being the opposite. They have won with less talent, but have played within the confines of the scheme.

The question is, can Gailey direct all three phases and have them all pointing in the right direction or will he get overwhelmed?
what the hell man. you are reading way too much into this steve johnson deal today. the team is having fun and learning how to win. let it be.

mckelvin and spiller are playing outside of what confines? what are you talking about?

moorman had me me fits? what game were you watching?

will gailey get overwhelmed with what? if he wasn't overwhelmed at 0-8 then he sure as hell won't ever be. i thought he was overwhelmed at 0-8 but instead he proved me wrong and is coaching this team into some wins. lay off the booze for a few months.

Electrici
11-21-2010, 10:51 PM
what the hell man. you are reading way too much into this steve johnson deal today. the team is having fun and learning how to win. let it be.

mckelvin and spiller are playing outside of what confines? what are you talking about?

moorman had me me fits? what game were you watching?

will gailey get overwhelmed with what? if he wasn't overwhelmed at 0-8 then he sure as hell won't ever be. i thought he was overwhelmed at 0-8 but instead he proved me wrong and is coaching this team into some wins. lay off the booze for a few months.

Agreed. Also your sig is no longer accurate, the Bills are no longer the worst team in the league. At the moment.

BertSquirtgum
11-21-2010, 11:00 PM
Agreed. Also your sig is no longer accurate, the Bills are no longer the worst team in the league. At the moment.

fixed.............