PDA

View Full Version : One thing I really like about Gailey......

Dr. Lecter
11-21-2010, 08:18 PM
Is how he works on giving his players, especially young ones, confidence.

Some of things he has done recently to get the young guys involved is great.

The ways he has done this the last two weeks include:

1. Jehuu Caulcrick goes in on offense for one play and gets a carry. And it works out, as he gains 2 yards on 3rd and 1.

2. This week, Ganther comes in the game today and on his first play gets the carry. He gains 11 yards on 2 and 12. The next play was the Caulcrick run. The series ends in a Johnson TD.

3. Last week, right after he drops a easy catch over the middle, he comes back to Stevie Johnson with a play on the sidelines. He makes a jumping reception.

4. Last week, shortly after he Jackson fumbled a screen pass, he comes right back to the play because it worked.

5. Last week, on the 3rd play of the game, he calls a pass to Donnie Jones, who is essentially playing in his first game at WR.

Working with these guys like this is a one way to become a coach that has players that will bust their asses for you and not being a pushover or a lack of discipline guy (i.e. Jauron). With a young team that is lacking in pure talent, it is a wise move. Right now they the crazy effort to win games.

Gailey is not perfect, but he seems to understand how to put players in a position to succeed.

Nighthawk
11-21-2010, 08:19 PM
Agreed...he is making many players better then they really are. I can't wait to see him with some real talent.

X-Era
11-21-2010, 08:27 PM
I'm hung up on the low penalty total for a team this young with all new schemes. I think he's a very good HC.

With a few key pieces, this team could be a playoff contender... and they are doing it by developing a corp rather than by using a few big name players. Develop a few big namers and this team could be solid, consistent, and special.

Could mean a bright future.

kscdogbillsfan1221
11-21-2010, 08:29 PM
overall i agree. the only counter argument i would have to that is 'why the hell aren't we using spiller more?' and yes, i know he was injured this week. i'm talking about previous weeks.

Nighthawk
11-21-2010, 08:30 PM
overall i agree. the only counter argument i would have to that is 'why the hell aren't we using spiller more?' and yes, i know he was injured this week. i'm talking about previous weeks.

Completely agree...can't understand that one.

tampabay25690
11-21-2010, 08:44 PM

He still doesn't know how to block.
But i understand where you are coming from...

bigbub2352
11-21-2010, 08:52 PM
He defintly is getting all he can out of the talent he has on this team right now.

His utilization of the WRs the whole season has been great...hell Shawn Nelson had a catch and so did Dave Martin both TE's in the same game...thats exciting to see no matter what

That being said i really like what i see out of the young core of WR's Nelson Jones Johnson all have been impressive

Also this team is playing nastier on both sides of the ball and getting into scrums a far cry from last yr

They are playing hard every week u gotta give them that

psubills62
11-21-2010, 08:57 PM
I'd love to see what Marcus Easley could do in this offense.

YardRat
11-21-2010, 09:02 PM
Good observation Doc.

cookie G
11-21-2010, 10:53 PM
Is how he works on giving his players, especially young ones, confidence.

Some of things he has done recently to get the young guys involved is great.

The ways he has done this the last two weeks include:

1. Jehuu Caulcrick goes in on offense for one play and gets a carry. And it works out, as he gains 2 yards on 3rd and 1.

2. This week, Ganther comes in the game today and on his first play gets the carry. He gains 11 yards on 2 and 12. The next play was the Caulcrick run. The series ends in a Johnson TD.

3. Last week, right after he drops a easy catch over the middle, he comes back to Stevie Johnson with a play on the sidelines. He makes a jumping reception.

4. Last week, shortly after he Jackson fumbled a screen pass, he comes right back to the play because it worked.

5. Last week, on the 3rd play of the game, he calls a pass to Donnie Jones, who is essentially playing in his first game at WR.

Working with these guys like this is a one way to become a coach that has players that will bust their asses for you and not being a pushover or a lack of discipline guy (i.e. Jauron). With a young team that is lacking in pure talent, it is a wise move. Right now they the crazy effort to win games.

Gailey is not perfect, but he seems to understand how to put players in a position to succeed.

Going right back to them after they make a mistake gets them right back in the game, it doesn't give them much of a chance to think about it and brood.

Its a good show of confidence,

BillsWin
11-22-2010, 12:15 AM
Marcus Easley has a bright future ahead. I'd like to know where he fits in though! Does he send Lee to the bench? doubtful. Johnson is performing like the No. 1 wide out. So where does Easley go? Not the slot.

G Wolly
11-22-2010, 12:16 AM
Marcus Easley has a bright future ahead. I'd like to know where he fits in though! Does he send Lee to the bench? doubtful. Johnson is performing like the No. 1 wide out. So where does Easley go? Not the slot.

I think it's about time we get Evans outta here.

Either let him hang 'em up, or go somewhere where he can earn his paycheck.

He deserves to be used in an offense more than he is here.

Michael82
11-22-2010, 12:55 AM
Great post, Lecter! Gailey definitely has this team believing in him. I love how well d disciplined they are. They are one the least penalized teams in the NFL. That's always a sign of a good coach.

alohabillsfan
11-22-2010, 04:59 AM
Evans is the one opening up all of these intermediate throws to Jones, Johnson etc... the safeties have to respect Lee on the deep route.