• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

So when are we going to play Brohm?

This Fitzy guy isnt the long term solution isn't it time we play Brohm?
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• Dr. Taylor Zaius
    Senior Zoner
    • Sep 2010

Re: So when are we going to play Brohm?

Originally posted by King Bedard
    Agree. We know what we have in Fitz: a decent journeyman career backup. Time to check out Brohm & Brown in our preparations for drafting a stud QB come April.

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

I think...and Im just guessing here that he is being sarcastic....
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• X-Era
        What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by King Bedard
        I can't bring myself to say we should play Brohm. Fitz has earned the right to start and probably has earned the right to try and show us he can be the answer. If Fitz can show me he can beat the Pats and/or Jets he probably will have the Bills thinking we are all set at QB.

Comment

• Dr. Taylor Zaius
          Senior Zoner
          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by X-Era
          I can't bring myself to say we should play Brohm. Fitz has earned the right to start and probably has earned the right to try and show us he can be the answer. If Fitz can show me he can beat the Pats and/or Jets he probably will have the Bills thinking we are all set at QB.
          "Fitz" won't beat the Jets & Pats. Not gonna happen. Fitz is a backup.

Comment

• ChristopherWalken
            • Dec 2002

I sensed the sarcasm....and it stops here for me.

Fitz will never be a Payton Manning or a Tom Brady like player, but he has big brass balls and a hell of a lot of heart. Never gives up and plays like each game is his last. Who gives a **** if he throws the occasional INT? He takes the chances that this Bills team haven't seen taken in quite some time. I welcome this change on offense and think that it's slowly bleeding over into the defense.

Comment

• Dr. Taylor Zaius
              Senior Zoner
              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by ChristopherWalken

Fitz will never be a Payton Manning or a Tom Brady like player, but he has big brass balls and a hell of a lot of heart. Never gives up and plays like each game is his last. Who gives a **** if he throws the occasional INT? He takes the chances that this Bills team haven't seen taken in quite some time. I welcome this change on offense and think that it's slowly bleeding over into the defense.
              He's also NOT a long term solution as a starter. Do you see Fitz winning a Super Bowl? If not, what's the point?

Comment

• X-Era
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Dr. Taylor Zaius
                "Fitz" won't beat the Jets & Pats. Not gonna happen. Fitz is a backup.
                Awful emphatic... I think he can.

Comment

• X-Era
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ChristopherWalken

If that INT costs us a game, I care.

Comment

• Dr. Taylor Zaius
                    Senior Zoner
                    • Sep 2010

Originally posted by X-Era
                    Awful emphatic... I think he can.
                    Wait & see.

Comment

• X-Era
                      • Feb 2005

Wait & see.
                      Do I have a choice?

Comment

• T-Long
                        Circling the Wagons since 1982.
                        • Sep 2003

I've been wrestling with this week to week. The guy is 28 years old and proves to us each week that he can be a damn good starter in this league. My biggest question is, will he be the guy to take down a team like the Steelers or Patritos? I don't know the answer to that yet. But, you can't disregard what this guy has come in an done...it's actually quite remarkable considering he wasn't even the starter when the season began.

Think about this for a second...here are the top QB #'s in the league thus far:

Drew Brees 22TD 14INT
                        Eli Manning 21TD 16INT
                        Peyton Manning 20TD 7INT
                        Tom Brady 19TD 4INT

Fitzpatrick 18TD 9INT

And this is with only playing in 10 games, instead of 12 like the other guys. Those teams are also much more talented than us, so you have to take that into account as well. Right now, I say the Bills should draft Andrew Luck if he is there at their pick (wherever it will be) and if not, take the best available player. Draft a QB in Round 2 and let him develop and compete with Fitz and Brohm next season.

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                          • Sep 2008

He's also NOT a long term solution as a starter. Do you see Fitz winning a Super Bowl? If not, what's the point?
                          The point may be to give us our Bledsoe to put our Brady behind for a year. Just a different view of it.

Comment

• X-Era
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by T-Long
                            I've been wrestling with this week to week. The guy is 28 years old and proves to us each week that he can be a damn good starter in this league. My biggest question is, will he be the guy to take down a team like the Steelers or Patritos? I don't know the answer to that yet. But, you can't disregard what this guy has come in an done...it's actually quite remarkable considering he wasn't even the starter when the season began.

Think about this for a second...here are the top QB #'s in the league thus far:

Drew Brees 22TD 14INT
                            Eli Manning 21TD 16INT
                            Peyton Manning 20TD 7INT
                            Tom Brady 19TD 4INT

Fitzpatrick 18TD 9INT

And this is with only playing in 10 games, instead of 12 like the other guys. Those teams are also much more talented than us, so you have to take that into account as well. Right now, I say the Bills should draft Andrew Luck if he is there at their pick (wherever it will be) and if not, take the best available player. Draft a QB in Round 2 and let him develop and compete with Fitz and Brohm next season.
                            I agree on beating the Steelers/Pats. It's huge to showing us all that he can be the guy. If you want to be the best, you beat the best. Show me you can win big games or even that your not the reason or a reason we lost.

I looked at the stats too and he really didn;t stand out. Even in stats where the games played would be normalized like yds/g or compl%, he's not top 10. He is top 10 in att/g which may tell us he tries to throw it a lot but isn't getting top 10 completions or yards out of it. It didn't extrapolate out what his numbers would be for a whole year... any idea what it might look like?

I think the Bills will be thinking about QB in the next draft, it may not be Luck, but they may be looking at others.

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
                              Will not tolerate vandalism.
                              • Apr 2006

In all fairness... do you see any team from Buffalo winning a major national sports championship? It hasn't happened in 45 years.

Comment

Working...
                              X