PDA

View Full Version : This thread had to happen

trapezeus
11-22-2010, 10:35 AM
If the bills were to magically end up 8-8, would that be enough for an AFC wildcard berth?

or is that really just an NFC wildcard thing?

come-from-behind wins can skew my ability to see reality?

but either seriously or jokingly, do you think an 8-8 record in the AFC will be good enough for any AFC team to get into the playoffs.

hydro
11-22-2010, 10:37 AM
Jets and Pats are 8-2. What do you think?

cocamide
11-22-2010, 10:38 AM
Absolutely not.

The Jets and Pats are both 8-2, one of them will be getting a wild card spot.
Baltimore and Pittsburgh are both 7-3, one of them will be getting a wild card spot.

RockStar36
11-22-2010, 10:39 AM
No way, this isn't the NFC West.

cocamide
As sad as it is, we'd be in the playoff hunt if we were in the NFC West.

cocamide
No way, this isn't the NFC West.
Yep, beat me to it.

Mr. Miyagi
I hope we don't go 8-8 and end up drafting 13 again.

Demon
11-22-2010, 10:41 AM
If the bills were to magically end up 8-8, would that be enough for an AFC wildcard berth?

or is that really just an NFC wildcard thing?

come-from-behind wins can skew my ability to see reality?

but either seriously or jokingly, do you think an 8-8 record in the AFC will be good enough for any AFC team to get into the playoffs.

This thread didn't have to happen. You made it happen because you're a homer Bills fan who has to take stop drinking the koolaid. The Bills beat the LIONS without their #1 QB and barely won, and now just beat a 2 win team in Cincy. What based on these last two games tells you anything that this team will win 2 or more games, let alone 6???!!

trapezeus
11-22-2010, 10:47 AM
wow, i've never been accused of being a homer. i'm usually nailed with the "why are you so down on the team...ALLL THE TIME!"

I was saying it more as a joke, and a curiousity about if anyone things one of the wildcard teams in the AFC would be 8-8.

but look at the jets, they are barely winning games. look at the pats, they barely beat the patriots and had one good game against the steelers. other than that they are beating up bad teams.

any given sunday.

also, food for thought: if the bills beat the steelers. IF they pull that miracle off, dont you think they beat the dysfunctional vikings? Don't you think they have a shot against the browns (a very jekyl and hyde type team right now), don't you think they could beat the dolphins?

Jets and Pats are the only two games left, and they could be resting players at that point.

I would have loved to pick first and get luck, but i also think the front 7 defense is the biggest issue. I think if this team of youngsters keeps playing well, then they will be better off long term.

RockStar36
11-22-2010, 10:49 AM
Jets, Pats, Steelers, Ravens, Colts, Jags (Crazy, but they're in first), KC, Chargers, Raiders

Demon
11-22-2010, 11:00 AM
wow, i've never been accused of being a homer. i'm usually nailed with the "why are you so down on the team...ALLL THE TIME!"

I was saying it more as a joke, and a curiousity about if anyone things one of the wildcard teams in the AFC would be 8-8.

but look at the jets, they are barely winning games. look at the pats, they barely beat the patriots and had one good game against the steelers. other than that they are beating up bad teams.

any given sunday.

also, food for thought: if the bills beat the steelers. IF they pull that miracle off, dont you think they beat the dysfunctional vikings? Don't you think they have a shot against the browns (a very jekyl and hyde type team right now), don't you think they could beat the dolphins?

Jets and Pats are the only two games left, and they could be resting players at that point.

I would have loved to pick first and get luck, but i also think the front 7 defense is the biggest issue. I think if this team of youngsters keeps playing well, then they will be better off long term.

In theory, thats what we have to hope for. But, i just feel like, they will hit a peak eventually. What is that peak? When will teams figure them out? Even Chan Gailey said yesterday we have no superstars. I just feel like we're setting ourselves up big time. Losing a chance at a top pick and feeling all happy, but, next year, they start 0-4, season will be over before October again and what was the lesson we learned?

Right now, they are the hardest working team in the league, because, quiet frankly, they're all bums. All no-name players who are giving it their all and are fun to watch. But, when the money starts flowing, the motivation to play at their peak won't be there when they all realize they are busting their balls for a 5-6 team win. Especially when teams realize they could spoil them and put more time into defending them.

Joe Fo Sho
11-22-2010, 11:23 AM
I hope we don't go 8-8 and end up drafting 13 again.

So do I.

Pinkerton Security
11-22-2010, 12:37 PM
So do I.

Two Words....

Brian Brohm.. You know who this is Joe...