X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Extremebillsfan247
    • Sep 2008

Listening to WGR550 and Fan reaction

I'm all for giving credit where its due and Fitz is having a phenomenal year. But hearing people call into the Thurman Thomas Show trying to compare Fitz to QBs like Jim Kelly, and John Elway is bordering on ridiculous. I really like Fitz and what he is doing for this team, but we need to keep this in perspective and remember that this is still a 2-8 team at this point of the year. It was a fantastic game yesterday, no doubt about it, and being that there hasn't been much to cheer about with this team, I understand the excitement.

But, when we start comparing Fitz to hall of fame QBs because he beat a bad Cincy team, we need to start examining where our heads are at. This team still has a way to go before they turn that corner to being competitive and this game hopefully is a sign that they are heading in the right direction. I'm just trying to say be a bit cautious about what your seeing here. JMO.
  • bf1
    • Oct 2010

Re: Listening to WGR550 and Fan reaction

Lol. I agree. Psychiatrists should study bills fans behavior. I'm happy about the win, and the team's heart, but it wasn't the super bowl they just won. It was a win against a 2 win team.

Comment

• RockStar36
      Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
      • Sep 2004

There will always be fans that go from one extreme to another. Unfortunately for us, those are the ones prone to calling in and talking on the radio.

D & S Sports

Comment

• baalworship
        • May 2003

I have not heard this expressed much on WGR. Most of the time people are pointing out even Kelly threw INT's, not that Fitz ='s Kelly.

The idea that Fitz is a backup QB is equally laughable. He now has played 8 games. That is a large enough sample size where extrapolating out to 16 is not crazy. Here are the stats:

Fitzpatrick 2010:

Passing Yards: 1916

TD's: 18

INT's: 9

Full season:

4,000 yards, 36 TD's, 18 INT's

Comment

• trapezeus
          Legendary Zoner
          • Oct 2004

Originally posted by RockStar36
          There will always be fans that go from one extreme to another. Unfortunately for us, those are the ones prone to calling in and talking on the radio.
          and writing on message boards!

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
            • Nov 2009

Originally posted by baalworship
            I have not heard this expressed much on WGR. Most of the time people are pointing out even Kelly threw INT's, not that Fitz ='s Kelly.

The idea that Fitz is a backup QB is equally laughable. He now has played 8 games. That is a large enough sample size where extrapolating out to 16 is not crazy. Here are the stats:

Fitzpatrick 2010:

Passing Yards: 1916

TD's: 18

INT's: 9

Full season:

4,000 yards, 36 TD's, 18 INT's
            No, no, no... The people with the Luck fetish will be here to tell you that he is a backup...we "know" that.

Somebody had better tell him.

Again...if loving Fitz is wrong, I don't want to be right.

Comment

• trapezeus
              Legendary Zoner
              • Oct 2004

fitz is the most beloved 2-8 quarterback i've ever seen.

he makes games exciting, but he isn't beating anyone but two bad teams. Perhaps if he got some defensive help in some games, scoring 21 pts vs the jags, scoring 30+ vs the ravens, scoring 19 vs the bears might have been enough for wins. Who knows.

i've seen enough of him to say if the top rated passer is head and shoulders above all other QB's is available...take him. If he is not, then go defense. Help this team out.

Regardless if we take a qb or not, we will have fitz as our starter next year (barring injury)

Comment

• baalworship
                • May 2003

Luck won't be a Bill so it's time to move on. Roethlisberger, Aaron Rodgers, Josh Freeman are recent QB's not drafted 1st overall that were had later in the draft.

I don't know who else will be good but we do pay scouts to find these guys. Relax and enjoy the games.

Comment

• Novacane
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Extremebillsfan247
                  I'm all for giving credit where its due and Fitz is having a phenomenal year. But hearing people call into the Thurman Thomas Show trying to compare Fitz to QBs like Jim Kelly, and John Elway ..............................

I hope Thurman laughed at them.

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
                    • Sep 2003

Originally posted by trapezeus

he makes games exciting, but he isn't beating anyone but two bad teams. Perhaps if he got some defensive help in some games, scoring 21 pts vs the jags, scoring 30+ vs the ravens, scoring 19 vs the bears might have been enough for wins. Who knows.

i've seen enough of him to say if the top rated passer is head and shoulders above all other QB's is available...take him. If he is not, then go defense. Help this team out.

Regardless if we take a qb or not, we will have fitz as our starter next year (barring injury)
                    Actually he's beaten some great teams. Too bad our D kept losing those games. Only you would pin the goat horns on a QB scoring 30+ points a game.

PTR
                    Last edited by PromoTheRobot; 11-22-2010, 11:49 AM.
                    10 Commandments of the D
                    1. Never stop Rocking.
                    2. Legalize all drugs.
                    3. Quit your day job.
                    4. All Religion should be taxed.
                    5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
                    6. F**k her gently.
                    7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
                    8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
                    9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
                    10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• ddaryl
                      Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                      • Jan 2005

Happens all the time, people let emotions run.. Fitz is no Kelly or Elway in the arm strength department, but he is in the reading of the D, and understanding the O we are running.

The fact he bounced back the way he did after a horrendous start to that game was also very Kelly and Elway-esque

By no means should the Bills abandon the search to bring in better QB's, but Fitz has earned all our respects for the immediate future.

The team is also rallying around him, and that was on display yesterday. That to was very Kelly/Elway-esque
                      Last edited by ddaryl; 11-22-2010, 12:20 PM.

Comment

• ddaryl
                        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by trapezeus

How many of those games could we have won with a more stout D, a pass rush and being able to stop the run ????

Fitz and the O are putting up plenty of points to win games... Our D needs improvement in the front 7

The only thing our O needs is to learn to run block

Comment

• mikemac2001
                          is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                          • Mar 2003

Fitz and this offense can win games, we can score enough to win

the issue is the D gets no turnovers and rarely gets back to back stops.

everyone seems to be improving though

MUCK
                          FIAMI

Comment

• Don't Panic
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Dec 2005

I would rather see people be off base in being positive than off base being negative. I don't expect everyone to be right anywhere near all the time, but usually with Bills fans, they're wrong in a negative way. I know it's like trying to tell an abuse to victim to cheer up but... well, cheer up, damnit!

Comment

• trapezeus
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Oct 2004

i'm not saying that fitz hasn't performed well. i am more than comfortable riding him for another 2-3 years.

but the fact remains our two wins game against weakened teams. yes, he hung with the pats, the jags, baltimore, chicago. but he didn't win those games.

i also didn't expect the bills to be at that point yet. I think the next development point for him is to win. And if he beats the steelers, he makes even a louder statement, "i deserve to be the starter"

I think if the bills were still losing games in the manner they did with edwards, i would be like, "reach for any qb. we've got nothing". But that is not where they are and that's a good thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X