PDA

View Full Version : Johnson>Evans

HHURRICANE
11-22-2010, 11:59 AM
Johnson is better than Evans.

I really think the Bills should consider getting rid of Lee Evans.

I also think the Bills really need to get Johnson's contract re-done sooner than later.

DraftBoy
11-22-2010, 12:01 PM

I also think the Bills really need to get Johnson's contract re-done sooner than later.

I really think you should rethink the bolded.

What Evans does off the field in relation to the team is something that Johnson doesnt do yet. His contributions go far beyond just his stats, which is what you're basing your post on.

ddaryl
11-22-2010, 12:05 PM
yeah now that we appear to be taking a step forward... we should take 2 steps backwards.

Lee still demands attention from opposing D's and that is why our 3rd and 4th WR's are able to make some plays as well as Stevie

NOPE Lee stays

SABuffalo786
11-22-2010, 12:08 PM
yeah now that we appear to be taking a step forward... we should take 2 steps backwards.

Lee still demands attention from opposing D's and that is why are 3rd and 4th WR's are able to make some plays as well as Stevie

NOPE Lee stays

Exactly. Why do you think Johnson is so open? Lee draws a lot of attention and lets The Joker do his thing. Stevie said as much in the post game presser.

Johnson's numbers drop dramatically if Evans leaves. Jeremy White was pretty spot on this morning: we're pretty much set at receiver now if we plan to run the spread going forward. Don't get rid of anyone.

Beebe's Kid
11-22-2010, 12:14 PM
Exactly. Why do you think Johnson is so open? Lee draws a lot of attention and lets The Joker do his thing. Stevie said as much in the post game presser.

Johnson's numbers drop dramatically if Evans leaves. Jeremy White was pretty spot on this morning: we're pretty much set at receiver now if we plan to run the spread going forward. Don't get rid of anyone.

Best news is, we add Marcus Easley.

This thread is classic.

All of the pissing and moaning on this board about Bills fans that are happy the Bills won is great, but this is the classic that I can never get over.

"We have two good players at one position, so one of them has to go." Without fail, the most ******ed ****ing argument I have ever heard, has to be posted over and over and over.

Demon
11-22-2010, 12:14 PM
Guys, relax, HH isn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed. Take what he says with a grain of salt.

Aliceinchainsbills15
11-22-2010, 12:17 PM

Why would we get rid of Evans dude? That would not be the greatest idea.

trapezeus
11-22-2010, 12:19 PM
The real fun is going to be when teams start trying to take both evans and johnson away. They are trying that now. and notice, the run game is getting better. the te are getting passes. No name WR's are getting 70yds worth of production.

I think the only offensive thing i'd like to see happen in terms of progress is watching the bills come out running early in a game and be effective with it.

We still are struggling to establish the run early. imagine if we could play action to the pass game. it could get a lot more exciting.

I'm just a mess about our defense. Finally we got our CB's into the INT game, but we actually need to be making some more stops. and we can't keep letting 3rd down conversions occur

mikemac2001
11-22-2010, 12:26 PM
we could trade evans for a first then draft a bust that HH could ***** about for years to come

:brilliant:

zone
11-22-2010, 12:31 PM
Evans does not need to go anywhere. A lot of the success we have had is because of the coverage rolling his way.

That being said Evens has a lot of plays that make me scratch my head on why he does certain things. The most glaring being he needs to do a better job of playing "defense" if he is not going to catch the ball.

Philagape
11-22-2010, 12:59 PM
Stevie should use another Joker quote for Evans: "You MADE me!"

mayotm
11-22-2010, 01:02 PM
Typica HH. He starts a crap thread that nobody agrees with. Then he's nowhere to be found.

Mr. Pink
11-22-2010, 01:03 PM
Johnson, the last few weeks has turned into the WR that Lee Evans should have been for years.

kingJofNYC
11-22-2010, 01:05 PM
I think you should stop posting.

WeAreArthurMoates
11-22-2010, 01:40 PM
No way, lets keep them together, Johnson see's single coverage cause of Lee. Sure his contract is high but seeing I'm not paying it I could careless.

SquishDaFish
11-22-2010, 03:18 PM
You make the most ******ed FN threads we have seen here. Unreal and then disappear LOL

baalworship
11-22-2010, 03:25 PM
Add an actual NFL right tackle, Marcus Easley, Spiller coming out of the backfield matched on a linebacker, and Fitz getting starter snaps in training camp and I think we are set on offense next year.

Draft linebackers and defensive linemen in every round.

patmoran2006
11-22-2010, 03:26 PM
Come on, man.

1- Dont you think Evans being on the field alone has opened up things for Johnson? How many times have you seen Johnson double covered this season?

2- Lee Evans does not have a trade-friendly contract. It's high, he's overpaid in that sense and no team is going to give up GOOD value in regards to draft picks AND assume Evans contract.

3- The Bills gave Evans plenty of guaranteed money.. They aren't going to cut him at this point (offseason), nor should they.

You want them to make another move that frees up money? Why? We're already like over 20 million under cap spending from last year.

Why can't you just enjoy the Bills WR unit as a whole, one of the most surprising strengths of the team. You want to get rid of the player who by far commands the most attention?

patmoran2006
11-22-2010, 03:29 PM
In fact,

If you were to tell me in April that the Bills would get rid of both Terrell Owens and Josh Reed, THEN draft a WR who would not play a down this year because of injury, and still have WR be arguably the position of greatest strength on this team right now, I'd have said yer nuts.

Spiderweb
11-22-2010, 04:01 PM

Lee still demands attention from opposing D's and that is why our 3rd and 4th WR's are able to make some plays as well as Stevie

NOPE Lee stays

Interview after interview, with Fitzpatrick and Johnson, speak of how the opposition has rolled coverage game after game towards Evans, yet all the light thinkers see only the number of catches. The coverages drawn by Evans make all the other Bills WR job easier and right now Johnson is reaping the rewards. When the time comes that Johnson draws the doubles and coverages rolled his way, then we may find Davis Nelson or someone else. getting the big games.

With that said, I'm just enjoying the great performances we seen of late from Johnson. He's been playing extremely well, that's for sure.

tampabay25690
11-22-2010, 04:53 PM
I really think you should rethink the bolded.

What Evans does off the field in relation to the team is something that Johnson doesnt do yet. His contributions go far beyond just his stats, which is what you're basing your post on.

You are 100% correct DB.
Evans makes Stevie better just by being on the field....

Extremebillsfan247
11-22-2010, 05:04 PM

I also think the Bills really need to get Johnson's contract re-done sooner than later. Here's an idea, why not keep them both? Where does that mentality come from that now because Stevie Johnson is better, we should trade our other receivers? that's pure nonsense and counter productive. JMO

BuffaloBlitz83
11-23-2010, 01:28 PM
You are 100% correct DB.
Evans makes Stevie better just by being on the field....

Elite WR's put up solid numbers regardless of double teams. Lee gets paid as an elite wr so he gets compared to elite guys. Guys like Megatron and Fitzgerald do it with Shaun Hill and D Anderson too. Seems like the only catch Evans can do is a straight fly route

trapezeus
11-23-2010, 01:31 PM
I'm been over Evans for about a year. I sadly came to my conclusion thathe's a one trick pony and not really worth the money.

However, now that things are clicking, having him as the lofton receiver is a nice luxury to have. no reason to ditch it. and he does still get double coverage. now that there is a second receiver that potentially could get double coverage, notice the pass rush get lighter. Notice the bills run more effectively. I bet you that the TE's will start getting involved. and of course, i'm guessing Stevie J will still be making plays.

ParanoidAndroid
11-23-2010, 05:27 PM
If Stevie keeps producing, defenses will have to adjust and Evans will start getting open more often. Right now, Evans is still the guy defenses will try to take away, but next year as long as Stevie keeps it up, Evans will have a career year.

Dujek
11-23-2010, 05:35 PM
Straight after the Jacksonville game, when Evans clearly phoned in the second half, I was all for running him out of town.

However since then he's run his routes hard, he's made some good catches, thrown a few useful blocks and as the others have said he's still enough of a weapon to demand double coverage and let Stevie get open.

At the end of the day he can stretch the field and make the huge play, and you still need a guy like that on the team.

ParanoidAndroid
11-23-2010, 06:20 PM
Back when I was wasting tons of time trying to do bills mocks, I rated Johnson as a 4th rounder and hoped they would pick him there (tooting my own horn....i know) I'm glad they got him in the 7th instead.

YardRat
11-23-2010, 06:44 PM
Johnson has largely gone unnoticed, but that no longer will be the case considering his production the last 6-7 games and especially considering his VERY public coming out party against the Bengals. As others have said, Evans getting most of the attention has been a favorable factor to Stevie's emergence, and as defenses adapt to counter that it's going to open up Evans and others to more opportunities, including the running game.

I'm all for keeping Evans and the rest of the WR's intact...Jesus, we're finally starting to see a situation where opponents can't simply roll coverage to Lee, put eight in the box, and bet the other 'no talents' can't make the plays to beat them.

This is a good thing, and there is no need to mess with it.