I like the offense...imagine it with some real tackles!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

I like the offense...imagine it with some real tackles!

I'm not completely sold that Fitz is a "franchise QB" but at this point I'm not worried about it either. The offense is clicking and playing well. Journeymen Ts not withstanding. Next year they add Easley to the WR mix AND get Parrish back. Spiller should get better with another year. All those weapons could help TE Nelson get better. Think what this offense can do with a couple of Ts. I think the focus of the offseason has really changed in the past few weeks. The defense needs a boat load of help but I would not be adverse to adding a T to the 1st or 2nd round thought process.

Thoughts?

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • dasaybz
    • Apr 2005

Re: I like the offense...imagine it with some real tackles!

No thanks. Give me pass rushers.

Comment

• T-Long
      Circling the Wagons since 1982.
      • Sep 2003

Bell is playing well, but the RT position needs addressed. And yes, pass rushers are a definite need and what I think we address in the 1st round

Comment

• trapezeus
        Legendary Zoner
        • Oct 2004

tackles currently seem to be giving fitz time to deliver his passes. and that's saying something because fitz has a slow delivery...I'm no scouting expert, so maybe I'm wrong.

I think the line as a whole needs to get better at opening holes in the run game.
        it's getting colder outside. I'd like nothing more to watch a snow game in buffalo, where they are just popping nice holes for fred jackson to get into a rhythm early. and then knock a team out with passes after the fact.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
          Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

I think RT and DE are the biggest needs, and depth at safety and LBs.

BTW, did Wood come back yesterday after his injury?

Comment

• dasaybz
            • Apr 2005

DE is a bigger need than LB?

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
              • Nov 2009

Levitre gets the free pass, because he is white and were told he is good, and, and, and, and... he needs to ****ing step it up, and quit taking penalties.

I like him just like everybody else, and I hope he is a "franchise" LG...since the "franchise" thing is so popular, but I don't give him a pass.

Bell is playing well, we "know" he can't be a "franchise" guy, because he wasn't drafted high enough, and that some people don't want to admit that they may have been wrong when they ran up the tower and declared him unfit for an NFL Roster...if he got cut tomorrow, he'd have a job tomorrow.

What we don't have is a bad man in the front 7. Of course, by normal message board thought, if we were to get somebody that was a badass, we would have to part ways with the other players at that current position.

Miyagi, no Wood did not come back. I didn't her anything about that, but that was scary.

I agree with Miyagi, but I would rather see some bad ass LB drafted first. If we are going to go 3-4, lets get nuts and build/sign a team that can play it and kick ass with it.

Comment

• Mahdi
                • Mar 2004

Demetrius Bell has done a great job all year. RT is a bit of a project right now. Howard was doing well and Wrotto has filled in nicely.

I think we can use an upgrade at RT for more of a run blocking type RT, but neither OT spots are in urgent need of replacements.

Bell may turn out to be a franchise LT with his athleticism and will only get better and stronger.
                Last edited by Mahdi; 11-22-2010, 12:39 PM.

Comment

• Mahdi
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                  I think RT and DE are the biggest needs, and depth at safety and LBs.

BTW, did Wood come back yesterday after his injury?
                  At DE we have Stroud, Edwards, Carrington and Johnson. We definitely need a LB, inside and outside before DE.

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by trapezeus
                    tackles currently seem to be giving fitz time to deliver his passes. and that's saying something because fitz has a slow delivery...I'm no scouting expert, so maybe I'm wrong.

I think the line as a whole needs to get better at opening holes in the run game.
                    it's getting colder outside. I'd like nothing more to watch a snow game in buffalo, where they are just popping nice holes for fred jackson to get into a rhythm early. and then knock a team out with passes after the fact.
                    I would like to see the Bills draft a big strong RG & move Wood to Center.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                      • Mar 2004

Honestly, with the way the O-line has played since Fitz came in, I would say all the Bills need is one tackle. Either a stud RT, or move Bell to RT and get a stud LT. I guess it depends on how they feel about Bell this offseason.

I'd much rather see them focus on some defensive players that are game changers. Imagine how good this team would be if it had a Defense that wasn't so bad most of the time.

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
                        • Feb 2009

Pray Gabe Carmini is still on board in the Round 2.. Draft him in 2nd Round and put him at RT for the next 10 years

Comment

• Spiderweb
                          ....formerly OhBF
                          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by T-Long
                          Bell is playing well, but the RT position needs addressed. And yes, pass rushers are a definite need and what I think we address in the 1st round
                          +1
                          Spiderweb

Need a Hero? Try looking within your
                          own family. You might be surprised.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Speed at LB and a big physical CB are huge priorities on defense

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                              Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Beebe's Kid
                              I agree with Miyagi, but I would rather see some bad ass LB drafted first. If we are going to go 3-4, lets get nuts and build/sign a team that can play it and kick ass with it.
                              ***** Merriman was supposed to be part of that.

Comment

Working...
                              X