PDA

View Full Version : Merriman may never play for hte Bills

trapezeus
11-22-2010, 04:30 PM
On the blo news blog, apparently in the Q&A with gailey, he said that Merriman would not practice and not available to go this week vs the Steelers.

some reporters said that gailey sounded like the news isn't good about him. and gailey responded with something to the effect of, "no one has told me how long this is going to take."

the blog ended with the possiblity that merriman will never actually play a down.

it was a low risk deal, so nothing to be angry about. but i was hoping we were going to get lucky with this. looks more and more likely that we won't.

BILLSROCK1212
11-22-2010, 04:33 PM
Merriman will have few options other than Buffalo if he doesn't play again this season.

Extremebillsfan247
11-22-2010, 04:34 PM
Yep, it looks that way. Good, we don't need any Hollywood star pre-madonnas on this team anyway. He can take a hike over the Niagara falls as far as I'm concerned. What a waste of a roster spot.

Dujek
11-22-2010, 04:34 PM
If he plays he plays.

As long as the Bills keep playing the way they have for the last few weeks I couldn't care if Merriman ever sees the field.

Crisis
11-22-2010, 04:39 PM
oh well

didn't cost us anything, just some of ralph's money.

Raptor
11-22-2010, 04:48 PM
If im his agent Id be telling him he might want to go out there and register some sacks. He doesnt and he wont cash in as nearly as good as he thinks

DraftBoy
11-22-2010, 05:00 PM
This shouldnt surprise anybody.

He'll keep coming up with these mysterious muscle pulls and strains that are undetectable to team doctors, but hurt like hell.

Oldbillsfan
11-22-2010, 05:02 PM
Its his loss, the Bills aren't quitters

Extremebillsfan247
11-22-2010, 05:12 PM
This shouldnt surprise anybody.

He'll keep coming up with these mysterious muscle pulls and strains that are undetectable to team doctors, but hurt like hell.Your right it shouldn't be surprising. But it should anger fans that wasted time welcoming this bum to the franchise only to watch him spit it back at the community and the team by sitting on his rump to take an easy way out approach. He could've taken it like a man and actually contributed but he didn't. I have more respect for Maybin at this point.

Scumbag College
11-22-2010, 05:15 PM
Honestly, I don't think he would fit in with this team. A guy that keeps on having mysterious "muscle pulls" has no place on a young team with a bunch of fight in it.

Ed
11-22-2010, 05:32 PM
Honestly, I don't think he would fit in with this team. A guy that keeps on having mysterious "muscle pulls" has no place on a young team with a bunch of fight in it.
Yeah, say what you will about the talent on our team right now, but at least they have great character and play with a lot of pride. Merriman doesn't deserve to wear a Bills uniform in my opinion. Just cut the guy already. I don't want him having any influence on any of our young players.

trapezeus
11-22-2010, 05:38 PM
giving merriman the benefit of the doubt for a second, let's assume he's hurt.

He needs to either play and play well with the bills to get a paycheck next. What team is going to look at him as a solution to their LB core? the bills were hoping he could be, and the price was right. I doubt the bills are going to offer him anything without some performance.

Or he could be injured, in which case he should just stay off the field and hope someone overpays him one more time for a couple years.

I think the bills still need a lot more LB options. I think they have some guys who could be good backups, but we don't have a bad ass starter.

X-Era
11-22-2010, 05:43 PM
He may only play a few games but I think he will play. The bigger question is, will he get the big contract from anyone or just stay?

Demon
11-22-2010, 05:47 PM
oh well

didn't cost us anything, just some of ralph's money.

Except make the Bills look dumber, make Nix and Gailey look dumb and cost Ralph $1.3 million bones..... other then that, yeah, didn't do any harm.

BertSquirtgum
11-22-2010, 06:36 PM
Except make the Bills look dumber, make Nix and Gailey look dumb and cost Ralph $1.3 million bones..... other then that, yeah, didn't do any harm.

are you serious? this post makes you look dumber

Crisis
11-22-2010, 06:46 PM

Look dumb for what? Basically taking a flyer on an ex-all pro that didn't work out? you know how many teams do that and end up giving more with the same results? (see: minnesota)

bigbub2352
11-22-2010, 08:31 PM
sad i had hi hopes...i really did

BADTHINGSMAN
11-22-2010, 09:18 PM
I had completely forgotten the Bills have Merriman.

Demon
11-22-2010, 09:46 PM
Look dumb for what? Basically taking a flyer on an ex-all pro that didn't work out? you know how many teams do that and end up giving more with the same results? (see: minnesota)

And Minnesota didn't look dumb doing it?

Who else signs a player that doesn't end up playing for them? I don't know how many teams do it, so why don't you tell me....

OpIv37
11-22-2010, 09:51 PM
Yep, it looks that way. Good, we don't need any Hollywood star pre-madonnas on this team anyway. He can take a hike over the Niagara falls as far as I'm concerned. What a waste of a roster spot.

it's "prima donna." Pre-madonna means any pop music from before the early 80's.

Crisis
11-22-2010, 10:16 PM
And Minnesota didn't look dumb doing it?

Who else signs a player that doesn't end up playing for them? I don't know how many teams do it, so why don't you tell me....

what looks dumb about it? picking up a former ex-pro off waivers on a position you're incredibly weak at hoping to catch lightning in a bottle?

I guess everyone that put in a claim for him looks real dumb.

who cares really? whats 1.3 mil in salary to an NFL franchise?

Demon
11-22-2010, 10:33 PM
what looks dumb about it? picking up a former ex-pro off waivers on a position you're incredibly weak at hoping to catch lightning in a bottle?

I guess everyone that put in a claim for him looks real dumb.

who cares really? whats 1.3 mil in salary to an NFL franchise?

Failed to mention any examples, which you claimed there was so many....

Throwing money away into hopes, is exactly why we're where we are at. Maybin.... McCargo.... Whitner.... maybe Spiller... all bad picks. I don't hear anyone saying "who cares" about the missed picks. They didn't picked these guys with high hope. A little bit more homework and maybe they wouldn't have picked them. Same with Merriman. A little bit more homework and they could have realized maybe it's not worth spending $1.3 million on.

To you, it's just ONE mistake. And it's who cares because its not your money. It's not my money either, but to me, it's just ANOTHER mistake in a long line of MISTAKES.

Crisis
11-22-2010, 10:49 PM
You're comparing draft picks to someone picked up on waivers.

Maybin,etc. wasted a first-round pick. What did we lose picking up Merriman? waiver order when we weren't going to pick up anyone else anyways?

There's no SPECIFIC examples because there's not too many cases of former all-pro's going on waivers. But as far as teams taking a chance on players "past their primes"....LT to the Jets? Moss to the Pats? Vick to the Eagles? People take flyers on players like Merriman all the time, sometimes it works...sometimes it doesn't. in this case its not going to work out, he's getting paid money that wasn't going to be used anywhere else, and we're not locked into a long-term contract?

who cares? there's no downside to this move.

SeatownBillsFan21
11-22-2010, 11:38 PM
Failed to mention any examples, which you claimed there was so many....

Throwing money away into hopes, is exactly why we're where we are at. Maybin.... McCargo.... Whitner.... maybe Spiller... all bad picks. I don't hear anyone saying "who cares" about the missed picks. They didn't picked these guys with high hope. A little bit more homework and maybe they wouldn't have picked them. Same with Merriman. A little bit more homework and they could have realized maybe it's not worth spending $1.3 million on.

To you, it's just ONE mistake. And it's who cares because its not your money. It's not my money either, but to me, it's just ANOTHER mistake in a long line of MISTAKES.
So its a mistake that the dude got injured???