PDA

View Full Version : Lets temper that enthusiasm

Ingtar33
11-23-2010, 08:20 AM
I've waited 2 days mostly because i had fun watching that game on sunday, but i think it's time to temper our enthusiasm a bit.

we've now won 2 games against possibly the two of the 4 worst teams in the league, proving we're not the worst team but little else.

All of Fitz's great games have come against some down right atrocious defenses (with one exception being Baltimore;which is the 10th ranked pass defense, good but not amazing).. if you remember Losman had a pretty strong streak once upon a time against some downright dreadful defenses a few years ago...

Thats not to say Fitz is like Losman (i think Kyle Orton is a better comparison), just something to keep in mind.

In the league this year scoring and passing offensive numbers are way up (probably due to the new helmet to helmet rules), for all our offensive acumen, we're still bottom 1/3 in pretty much every offensive stat.

Our defense is still stunningly bad.

We're 2-8 and only play 2 teams with a losing record the rest of the season (one of which, the Browns, owns us and has been playing pretty good these last few weeks).

The Bengals had just 1 starter in the DBs playing in the 2nd half, and only 4 healthy DBs on their bench for the 2nd half.. poo-poo their problems all you want but i highly doubt we roll them in the 2nd half if they don't lose most of their DBs in the first.

I hope this last game means we've turned the corner, but i can't help but remember Losman's one good season...

Dr. Lecter
11-23-2010, 08:24 AM
We're 2-8 and don't play a team with a losing record the rest of the season.

Not to get all facty on you, but:

1. Cleveland is 3-7
2. Minnesota is 3-7

OpIv37
11-23-2010, 08:25 AM
I thought tempering enthusiasm was my job. Stop riding my coattails!

X-Era
11-23-2010, 08:26 AM
I've waited 2 days mostly because i had fun watching that sun on sunday, but i think it's time to temper our enthusiasm a bit.

we've now won 2 games against possibly the two of the 4 worst teams in the league, proving we're not the worst team but little else.

All of Fitz's great games have come against some down right atrocious defenses (with one exception being Baltimore;which is the 10th ranked pass defense, good but not amazing).. if you remember Losman had a pretty strong streak once upon a time against some downright dreadful defenses a few years ago...

Thats not to say Fitz is like Losman (i think Kyle Orton is a better comparison), just something to keep in mind.

In the league this year scoring and passing offensive numbers are way up (probably due to the new helmet to helmet rules), for all our offensive acumen, we're still bottom 1/3 in pretty much every offensive stat.

We're 2-8 and don't play a team with a losing record the rest of the season.

The Bengals had just 1 starter in the DBs playing in the 2nd half, and only 4 healthy DBs on their bench for the 2nd half.. poo-poo their problems all you want but i highly doubt we roll them in the 2nd half if they don't lose most of their DBs in the first.

I hope this last game means we've turned the corner, but i can't help but remember Losman's one good season...I really do feel like things are different this time and that the upward trajectory is real... but I have also felt that way before and been wrong.

The Fitz issue will play itself out before the season is over. I'm willing to keep an open mind and see what he can do.

For the team, show me you can beat the best. I would love to see a big win over the Pats and/or Jets. I think if they can just do that, they can get over the true hurdle and believe in themselves as a team that can compete.

We still need significant upgrades at many positions but I think another year of draftees and FA's will make us just that much better.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

Ingtar33
11-23-2010, 08:27 AM
Not to get all facty on you, but:

1. Cleveland is 3-7
2. Minnesota is 3-7

yeah. i edited that. my oversight.

Historian
11-23-2010, 08:40 AM
They played well against the Ravens, so there is no reason not to think they will play well against the Steelers.

I think a big win against a Jet or Patriot team is just what the Doctor ordered.

I think the foundation has finally been laid.

I would like to see a top flight defensive coordinator in here next year....someone ala Fox.

Beebe's Kid
11-23-2010, 08:47 AM
They played well against the Ravens, so there is no reason not to think they will play well against the Steelers.

I think a big win against a Jet or Patriot team is just what the Doctor ordered.

I think the foundation has finally been laid.

I would like to see a top flight defensive coordinator in here next year....someone ala Fox.

That is the most positive post I can recall reading from you, Historian... It is either a sign of the apocalypse, or maybe, just maybe, we see some light at the end of the tunnel, and it isn't a train!!

Oh ****...wait...I forgot, we aren't allowed to get excited, we have to curb our enthusiasm. Oh well, it was fun to have hope for a little while...back to doom and gloom.

Pinkerton Security
11-23-2010, 08:57 AM
I agree Ingtar...however I'm still encouraged...our offense is sufficient at this point...not great, but sufficient.

Our D, now thats another story...they are bad. BUT...i am encouraged because I really think that we arent that far off from being a decent defense...we really really REALLY need some legit pass rush help because that can make up for a lot, and I still think we have a solid secondary. No CB's would look good for this defense bc very few CBs can cover for 7 seconds, and we're giving QBs that much time because we cant get to the QB.

Extremebillsfan247
11-23-2010, 08:58 AM
Enthusiasm is what being a fan is all about. I say no. JMO...

Pinkerton Security
11-23-2010, 08:59 AM
Enthusiasm is what being a fan is all about. I say no. JMO...

He is just saying to temper it, not abandon it altogether.

Jan Reimers
11-23-2010, 09:07 AM
My thoughts are:

We have played well in our last 5 games, including winning the last 2.

Gailey has us motivated and believing we can win.

Our O-line is developing. We no longer have to use several draft picks to make it better. More likely, only 1 pick will be needed.

Our WRs - Johnson in particular - look great. Parish and Easley will be back next year. We don't need to draft anyone.

Spiller should be a future weapon as he acclimates to the NFL.

Fitz - whether he is our franchise QB or not - is certainly playing well enough that we won't have to reach for a QB in the draft.

We can really concentrate on defense in the draft.

I am just a long term, loyal fan. I am not an analyst, a coach, a sports writer, or any sort of pundit. The Bills are fun to watch again, and have given me real hope for the future.

Therefore, I WILL NOT TEMPER MY ENTHUSIASM.

Historian
11-23-2010, 09:10 AM
That is the most positive post I can recall reading from you, Historian..

I lived through 1971, and 1976-77.

I lived through 1984 and 1985.

I can tell the difference between this team and those.

Even if they lose outright the rest of the season, this team is still better than those.

It's the effort that I'm gauging, moreso than the wins and losses.

Is Gailey my first choice as Coach? Hell no.
Unfortunately my 1st thru 5th choices went elsewhere, lol.

When everyone was calling for his head (at the end of preseason) Jan quietly mentioned that he was going to look for improvement each week to decide whether he would support a second gailey season. So I took that approach too.

It was the right way to look at it. And i gotta be honest with you, after the loss at KC, I actually felt sorry for Chan. I'd never seen a team lose a game in the last five seconds of OT.

I really felt bad. But OTOH, I felt this team had been so close, so many times, it couldn't have been a coincidence.

ddaryl
11-23-2010, 09:35 AM
add in those 2 OT games and it appears the team is starting to believe in themselves.

I just want to see the Bills hang with Pitt. that would continue the pattern of this team turning the corner IMO

Mindbender
11-23-2010, 09:39 AM
Screw it, we haven't had this much to cheer about in a LONG time. Go Bills!

justasportsfan
11-23-2010, 10:22 AM
I agree that we should temper our enthusiasm but there are also several reasons to be CAUTIOUSLY optimistic.

On the offensive side of the ball it starts with the coach. He knows his offense and is on the same page as the qb who inturn is on the same page with his weapons. Being their first year together, teams don't really know much about this offense. Will they figure out Gailey down the road? They could but Gailey doesn't seem to be a one track minded guy unlike the last head coach we had. He isn't predictable.

On the defensive side of the ball, I hope we had a proven coach but understand that Edwards was where Fewell was at one point in his career. Will he be as good as Fewell? I don't know. We'll have to wait and see how the young players develop , how the vets are able to adjust to their new scheme and positions and what can happen once we bring the right players in, down the road.

What I do know about this D however is that we can and will improve down the road. Under Dicks philosophy, it was as good as it got. THey hit a wall so to speak because of Dick.

trapezeus
11-23-2010, 10:25 AM
i guess it all comes down to this steelers game. if they perform well, they are worth getting your hopes up.

if they lay down and die, they were potentially taking advantage of other struggling teams.

NOT THE DUDE...
11-23-2010, 10:31 AM
if fitz plays good against the steelers and keeps up this production the rest of the way, people will have to admit he is fine as our starter. we can win big with him... work on the front 7!

cocamide
11-23-2010, 10:34 AM
if fitz plays good against the steelers and keeps up this production the rest of the way, people will have to admit he is fine as our starter. we can win big with him... work on the front 7!

When he has one bad game (which is very possible this week) then it'll just light a fire under all of the "Fitz = Thigpen", "Fitz can't win a SuperBowl", or "Fitz isn't a franchise QB" posters around here and we'll see 100 threads with these titles next week. If he plays well this week and we still lose, then we'll see 50 threads with those titles. If he plays well and we win, then we'll only see 25 of those threads.

Jan Reimers
11-23-2010, 10:43 AM
Guys, don't pin everything on the Steelers' game. They are undoubtedly better than us. Continue to look for positives in our attitude, the development of our young players, ingame adjustments and other signs of improvement.

Rebuilding this team will be a longer term process that can't be judged by one game. There will certainly be bumps in the road. We won't be consistently competitive until we get some serious defensive help.

Just enjoy the fact that we are getting better and heading in the right direction.

NOT THE DUDE...
11-23-2010, 10:49 AM
realistically this is a 5-11/6-10 team... we just need front 7 help, a beast for a pass rusher...

psubills62
11-23-2010, 11:10 AM
Honestly, I posted over two weeks ago that we were hitting the easier part of our schedule. I was expecting 2-3 wins over the last half of the year.

Any enthusiasm I have is for the future. This year is obviously a lost cause at this point.

Extremebillsfan247
11-23-2010, 12:23 PM
He is just saying to temper it, not abandon it altogether.

Temper it why? because we haven't blown up the division yet? because we don't have a franchise QB? because now that we aren't going 0-16, or we are suddenly out of the running for the top pick in the draft it's suddenly uncool to be happy about the teams performance lately? Temper enthusiasm if you want to.But, to suggest others do the same because things aren't going the way you expect them to is kind of self promoting. It's wrong in my opinion.

The only people here who should be unhappy at this point by whats going on are those who had ridiculous expectations about where this team should be to begin with. I am not one of them. The times for the Jauron method of thinking are over. Time to turn the page on a losers mentality. The new era of Bills football is underway.

cookie G
11-23-2010, 01:02 PM
I won't temper my enthusiasm, I'm banging the ugly chick at 2 am when all the good looking babes have left. Leave me be.

But anyways.....

I think there are a few things to build on...at least offensively;

1. Detroit and the Bears are 12th and 13th in the league in pass defense, so more than just the Ravens D are respectable;

2. Red zone offense scoring is at a high rate, something we haven't had in years;

3. Adjustments...the increase in production in the 2nd half against the Bengals had as much to do with adjustments as it had to do with injuries.
We haven't seen THAT in a few years, either.

4. We're actually having more than 1 TD drive per game

5. and this is a big one, 3rd down percentage has increased substantially since Fitz took over. It isn't merely that the stats bear this out...you can SEE it. It isn't just that they are converting third downs, they are converting 3rd and longs...at a high rate. They are converting 3rd and 8's, 3rd and 10's 3rd and 12's. To me, that's huge. If they can convert the difficult ones, the easier ones will fall in place.

For the last several years, this has been a 2 down offense. If it was 3rd and 5 or over, expect a punt.

If you can convert the 3rd downs like they have been, that opens up your first and second downs to take chances.

Most importantly, its about attitude. It was something the K Gun offense had..."call a false start penalty on us? Fine, we'll get it back the next play. A dumb pass on 2nd down, no worries, we've converted third and long's before. They weren't afraid to fail, because they knew they could make it up the next play.

Pinkerton Security
11-23-2010, 01:11 PM
Temper it why? because we haven't blown up the division yet? because we don't have a franchise QB? because now that we aren't going 0-16, or we are suddenly out of the running for the top pick in the draft it's suddenly uncool to be happy about the teams performance lately? Temper enthusiasm if you want to.But, to suggest others do the same because things aren't going the way you expect them to is kind of self promoting. It's wrong in my opinion.

The only people here who should be unhappy at this point by whats going on are those who had ridiculous expectations about where this team should be to begin with. I am not one of them. The times for the Jauron method of thinking are over. Time to turn the page on a losers mentality. The new era of Bills football is underway.

Apparently you dont understand what "tempering your enthusiasm" means...again, I dont think anyone on here said to abandon hope, or to even not be excited...I am friggin stoked that we are doing well!

I'm not unhappy at all, and I'm not sure where you got that idea. Im quite happy that we've won 2 straight. I'm just not satisfied with being 2-8, and Im pretty sure the tone is going to be a bit different on this forum if we happen to get smoked by the Steelers. I hope we beat them, but most rational people would consider us a long shot to win. We have a long ways to go before become a good team. I'm all for hoping that we continue to improve but lets look at the big picture before we start boasting about 2 wins.

Akhippo
11-23-2010, 01:13 PM
I was hoping we would lose out; Only because we looked capable of losing out, and we might as well reap the benefits of being that bad.

However, since we have caught a spark on offense I say let see where it takes us.

I still think Fitz is in the mold of Orton or D Anderson. It may turn midnight at any moment. Plus, if the coaching staff is confortable with him that may end any pursuit of a legit replacement. You can never stop looking for QBs. We should know.

But if the offense can click and get into the upper third, i say draft all defense. The easiest way to beat the Patriots is to stop the pats, not hang with them.

Side note. I would love to add a Gronkowski type TE to our arsenal. Even if Gailey "doesnt use the TE", adding that kind of weapon would be huge.

ServoBillieves
11-23-2010, 01:17 PM
I'll say it again.

This team is 9 points away from being 5-5. If Lindell isn't iced in KC, if the refs blow the whistle in Baltimore, if we don't blow it in Toronto... Hell, I'll go as far as to say if Edwards wasn't under center week 1.

I think had lady luck favored to the Bills for a few split seconds, people would be whistling a much different tune for this team.

On the flip side, they aren't 5-5. They're 2-8. But they are hanging in games with good teams this year, and that shouldn't be frowned upon.

HAMMER
11-23-2010, 02:09 PM
I've waited 2 days mostly because i had fun watching that game on sunday, but i think it's time to temper our enthusiasm a bit.

We're 2-8 and only play 2 teams with a losing record the rest of the season (one of which, the Browns, owns us and has been playing pretty good these last few weeks).

I hope this last game means we've turned the corner, but i can't help but remember Losman's one good season...

I know you fancy yourself as some kind of football guru but I think most of us know football well enough to realize this isn't a great team. However I am enthusiastic and will not temper it for anyone, this team has been fun to watch for the last 6 weeks, something we lacked for the last few years. Relax and enjoy the ride.

stuckincincy
11-23-2010, 02:30 PM
[QUOTE=Ingtar33

[/QUOTE]

A Starting DT, a starting DE, and the next 2 DEs were also out.

IIRC, they were down to 3 DBs when seldom-used rookie Ghee went out with a groin injury. Rookie Jordan Shipley and T.O. are their emergency defensive backs. Wouldn't that be a sight to see?

It didn't matter - there's not a team in the league that doesn't have their arch-idiot OC Bratkowski's playbook down pat. But he's under contract, so he stays.

But owner Brown never eats a contract. Lewis is a terrible coach - for years, in many ways. Most other teams would have tossed him out years ago.

Hoculi had his bone out for CIN, also. That roughing the passer call on Michael Johnson that wiped out an int was bogus, as was the holding call on LT Whitworth that wiped out a TD to TO.

Somehow, people think that the mob or whatever can work on all sports but won't touch the NFL. Right - a billion-dollar industry, but they leave their hands off 'cause they are respectful citizens. Right: "Just give it to 'em" The Jerome Bettis Victory Tour. The Music City Miracle. Etc, etc.

TrEd FTW
11-23-2010, 02:32 PM
http://evilspeculator.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/curb.jpg

Pinkerton Security
11-23-2010, 02:36 PM

IIRC, they were down to 3 DBs when seldom-used rookie Ghee went out with a groin injury. Rookie Jordan Shipley and T.O. are their emergency defensive backs. Wouldn't that be a sight to see?

It didn't matter - there's not a team in the league that doesn't have their arch-idiot OC Bratkowski's playbook down pat. But he's under contract, so he stays.

But owner Brown never eats a contract. Lewis is a terrible coach - for years, in many ways. Most other teams would have tossed him out years ago.

Hoculi had his bone out for CIN, also. That roughing the passer call on Michael Johnson that wiped out an int was bogus, as was the holding call on LT Whitworth that wiped out a TD to TO.

Somehow, people think that the mob or whatever can work on all sports but won't touch the NFL. Right - a billion-dollar industry, but they leave their hands off 'cause they are respectful citizens. Right: "Just give it to 'em" The Jerome Bettis Victory Tour. The Music City Miracle. Etc, etc.

sooo you're blaming the loss on your coach, Ed Hoculi and the Mafia. sweet.

X-Era
11-23-2010, 03:03 PM
My thoughts are:

We have played well in our last 5 games, including winning the last 2.

Gailey has us motivated and believing we can win.

Our O-line is developing. We no longer have to use several draft picks to make it better. More likely, only 1 pick will be needed.

Our WRs - Johnson in particular - look great. Parish and Easley will be back next year. We don't need to draft anyone.

Spiller should be a future weapon as he acclimates to the NFL.

Fitz - whether he is our franchise QB or not - is certainly playing well enough that we won't have to reach for a QB in the draft.

We can really concentrate on defense in the draft.

I am just a long term, loyal fan. I am not an analyst, a coach, a sports writer, or any sort of pundit. The Bills are fun to watch again, and have given me real hope for the future.

Therefore, I WILL NOT TEMPER MY ENTHUSIASM.Just for clarification (not that you said I did), I never said we should reach for a QB in the draft.

stuckincincy
11-23-2010, 03:05 PM

I'm not blaming anything. I'm pointing out things. An intelligent person would pick up on that.

What in the world makes you think I give a rat's patoot about the B'gals?

Pinkerton Security
11-23-2010, 03:10 PM
I'm not blaming anything. I'm pointing out things. An intelligent person would pick up on that.

What in the world makes you think I give a rat's patoot about the B'gals?

what in the world makes you think that I think you give a "rat's patoot" about the Bengals? I just thought your post was garbage and completely random, which it was...an intelligent person would pick up on THAT.

Akhippo
11-23-2010, 03:11 PM

Was the Mafia asleep for the first half when they went up big.
Or who was in charge of the fastest stoppage of play and timeout i have ever seen to end the half. Can someone say bonus 3.
I bet J Joseph's had an "injury" alright. His picks didnt sit well with the don.

Demon
11-23-2010, 03:16 PM

Pass the bong, brother.

There was no controversy on Sunday. Just two very bad teams playing against each other and one team quit on themselves instead of keep on fighting. I think you can guess who the quitters were?

cocamide
11-23-2010, 03:16 PM

We've seen losses blamed on coaches.

We've seen losses blamed on the refs.

But, I don't think we've ever seen a loss blamed on the Mafia. We have a BZ first!

better days
11-23-2010, 03:40 PM
http://evilspeculator.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/curb.jpg

Great show. New season starting soon.

X-Era
11-23-2010, 04:02 PM
When he has one bad game (which is very possible this week) then it'll just light a fire under all of the "Fitz = Thigpen", "Fitz can't win a SuperBowl", or "Fitz isn't a franchise QB" posters around here and we'll see 100 threads with these titles next week. If he plays well this week and we still lose, then we'll see 50 threads with those titles. If he plays well and we win, then we'll only see 25 of those threads.Maybe we should just wait until after the season is done and then look at thread titles.

I'm not convinced that he can or can't be all we need at this point.

Nighthawk
11-23-2010, 05:04 PM

I like what Gailey has done in developing some young guys, but you're right...these last two wins are hardly against stiff competition. I wish more people would be logical in their assessments of this team and appreciate what you have written. It's pretty much dead on and I like the part about the defenses being weak that Fitz has had success against...I tried that point the other day with somebody, but they refused to admit that Baltimore's defense is not up to snuff when it comes to pass defense.

YardRat
11-23-2010, 05:10 PM

:lmao:

Fat dudes that tackle play defense, not o-line. If that's a questionable hold, I'd hate to see a flagrant example.

ParanoidAndroid
11-23-2010, 05:51 PM
That roughing the passer call on Michael Johnson that wiped out an int was bogus.

I know, right!? Everybody knows that Fitz is the new Tom Brady. Fitz gets all the calls!

alohabillsfan
11-23-2010, 05:57 PM
Team- Defense rank- Points scored/yds Buffalo put up.

Miami-6= 10points/166yds/ Edwards QB Home
Green Bay= 7 points/186 yds/Edwards QB @GB
NE-30=30 points/374 yds/ Fitz @NE
Jets 7=14 points/223 yds/Fitz Home
Jags-27=26 points/306 yds/Fitz Home
Baltimore-8=34 points/514 yds/Fitz @ BAL
KC-21=10 points/328 yds/Fitz @ KC
Chicago-3=19 points/ 340 yds/ Fitz Toronto
Det-19= 14 points/288 yds/Fitz Home
Cincy-18= 49 points/449 yds/ Fitz @ Cincy

Since Fitz took over we averaged 352 yds per game . Good enough for #12, ahead of Baltimore, Green Bay, and even the Pats.

Nighthawk
11-23-2010, 06:15 PM
Team- Defense rank- Points scored/yds Buffalo put up.

Miami-6= 10points/166yds/ Edwards QB Home
Green Bay= 7 points/186 yds/Edwards QB @GB
NE-30=30 points/374 yds/ Fitz @NE
Jets 7=14 points/223 yds/Fitz Home
Jags-27=26 points/306 yds/Fitz Home
Baltimore-8=34 points/514 yds/Fitz @ BAL
KC-21=10 points/328 yds/Fitz @ KC
Chicago-3=19 points/ 340 yds/ Fitz Toronto
Det-19= 14 points/288 yds/Fitz Home
Cincy-18= 49 points/449 yds/ Fitz @ Cincy

Since Fitz took over we averaged 352 yds per game . Good enough for #12, ahead of Baltimore, Green Bay, and even the Pats.

And we are 2-8...

alohabillsfan
11-23-2010, 06:20 PM
And we are 2-8...

Because our defense cant stop anyone. Please dont cloud facts with emotions...

SABURZFAN
11-23-2010, 06:20 PM

i remember what you're talking about. the Bills dropped a game to the hapless Lions and went into the bye week. i started a thread (which got deleted) that started my whole Lossman rant and you know the rest. the Bills came out after the bye week and went on a 5 game winning streak before they dropped the final two games. the Lickers were calling for an extension for Lossman.

i don't think it'll happen here with Fitz. i think the lesson was learned and people around here don't want Professor SABURZFAN making them look stupid like he did with the Lickers. if there are threads calling for a Fitz extension, i'd like to see them.

Nighthawk
11-23-2010, 06:25 PM
i remember what you're talking about. the Bills dropped a game to the hapless Lions and went into the bye week. i started a thread (which got deleted) that started my whole Lossman rant and you know the rest. the Bills came out after the bye week and went on a 5 game winning streak before they dropped the final two games. the Lickers were calling for an extension for Lossman.

i don't think it'll happen here with Fitz. i think the lesson was learned and people around here don't want Professor SABURZFAN making them look stupid like he did with the Lickers. if there are threads calling for a Fitz extension, i'd like to see them.

People stating that this team doesn't need to draft a QB in the draft are just as bad...IMO. That is the part that is so aggravating...people completely lose all ability to think straight just because a QB has some success. It's absolutely laughable how people just assume Fitz is the answer.

Nighthawk
11-23-2010, 06:27 PM
Because our defense cant stop anyone. Please dont cloud facts with emotions...

Fact is...Fitz is a journeyman QB who is being helped immensely by Gailey...those are facts. Just like Gailey did for Tyler Thigpen and Kordell Stewart, both of who were terrible after he wasn't with them anymore. Those are the cold, hard facts that you and others are completely ignoring.

alohabillsfan
11-23-2010, 06:32 PM
Fact is...Fitz is a journeyman QB who is being helped immensely by Gailey...those are facts. Just like Gailey did for Tyler Thigpen and Kordell Stewart, both of who were terrible after he wasn't with them anymore. Those are the cold, hard facts that you and others are completely ignoring.

ROFL... Please let it go. Hell, Brady couldn't even start at Michigan, boy that Belichek really helped him, cold hard FACT!

alohabillsfan
11-23-2010, 06:33 PM
NH, PS that is the coaches job...

Nighthawk
11-23-2010, 06:34 PM
NH, PS that is the coaches job...

PS...you ignoring his past history is laughable. I would not want you running my franchise. YOu'd be giving out Kelsay type extensions everytime a player had a big game.

Nighthawk
11-23-2010, 06:36 PM
ROFL... Please let it go. Hell, Brady couldn't even start at Michigan, boy that Belichek really helped him, cold hard FACT!

Seriously, did you just compare Fitz to Brady? Really???? Funny ****! Just so you have your history right, Brady never played for 2 other teams and was mediocre before excelling. That is the point that many of you keep ignoring.

HAMMER
11-23-2010, 10:25 PM
So if he is excelling what is the issue Nighthawk?

stuckincincy
11-24-2010, 11:04 AM
Pass the bong, brother.

There was no controversy on Sunday. Just two very bad teams playing against each other and one team quit on themselves instead of keep on fighting. I think you can guess who the quitters were?

No doubt who the quitters were. That's the NFL, and their "stars". Who would like to shop at a grocery store staffed by self-important NFL players? What an experience that would be.

We are happy to indict Bellichek and the Pats, but refuse to think that corruption exists elsewhere...

Extremebillsfan247
11-24-2010, 01:20 PM
Apparently you dont understand what "tempering your enthusiasm" means...again, I dont think anyone on here said to abandon hope, or to even not be excited...I am friggin stoked that we are doing well!

I'm not unhappy at all, and I'm not sure where you got that idea. Im quite happy that we've won 2 straight. I'm just not satisfied with being 2-8, and Im pretty sure the tone is going to be a bit different on this forum if we happen to get smoked by the Steelers. I hope we beat them, but most rational people would consider us a long shot to win. We have a long ways to go before become a good team. I'm all for hoping that we continue to improve but lets look at the big picture before we start boasting about 2 wins. No one here is happy with 2-8. But considering the fact that jaws dropped all over the Buffalo world when the schedule was first published, coupled with the fact that we were entering the season with Trent Edwards as a QB, trouble at the RB position, question marks at both the tackle positions, and knowing that the defense which everyone knew was meant for the 4-3 would struggle playing a 3-4, in what real world could anyone expect a different outcome than what has happened to date?

The facts speak for themselves. We are lucky to have a win at all with all that as happened from January to now. We are actually doing better than most here expected. How does tampering enthusiasm for the progress we are witnessing change anything? There is nothing wrong with showing enthusiasm for a developmental team at the forefront of a rebuild. I'm not tempering anything. If I'm to be criticized for that, so be it. As far as what happens if we lose to Pittsburgh, nothing will change because I have no unrealistic expectations about where this team should be. JMO

TigerJ
11-24-2010, 03:27 PM
Yeah, I'm expecting Buffalo to win two more games the rest of the way; Cleaveland and Minnesota. They might steal one more, but they could also lose one or both of the Cleveland/Minnesota games. Cleveland has shown signs of life this season, and even though Favre is having a down year he's still dangerous.

Mr. Pink
11-24-2010, 03:45 PM

Brady started in Michigan his Junior and Senior years.

And was team captain his Senior year.

The Wolverines won 20 of the 25 games he started.

Just an FYI.

X-Era
11-24-2010, 04:04 PM
Brady started in Michigan his Junior and Senior years.

And was team captain his Senior year.

The Wolverines won 20 of the 25 games he started.

Just an FYI.Hold up. Brady was said to have the worst combine ever by several pundit's. He was no stud prospect coming out of college. Belicheck and that NE team absolutely have played a part in his success. But, no. I don't think Brady was solely a product of Beli... he's a helluva QB, period. As much as I hate that douche, that's a fact.

Ground Chuck
11-24-2010, 05:45 PM
I see improvement every week. Been a very long time since we can say that.

McD
11-24-2010, 09:59 PM
KEEP the enthusiasm, just temper the expectations to win NOW! This team is on a steady incline and I'm ok with that. There will be hurdles and pitfalls... we'll do good and bad in both situations, but its how we handle those situations that will help build this teams winning mentality.