PDA

View Full Version : Cornell Green waived off IR

methos4ever
11-23-2010, 10:23 AM
http://twitter.com/#!/caplannfl/status/7105709393051648

@caplannfl
Adam Caplan
Bills waived ORT Cornell Green off IR.

Looks like they're more than willing to move on from mistakes, can't fault that.

Mindbender
11-23-2010, 10:26 AM
Thank goodness.

Pinkerton Security
11-23-2010, 10:26 AM
WOHOOOO!! what a bum that guy is!

NOT THE DUDE...
11-23-2010, 10:28 AM
i think we should try and pick up jerome clary, a nix pick, or clabo from atlanta for our rt...or we could take gabe carimi in rd 2...

mikemac2001
11-23-2010, 10:29 AM
i like the way he is running the show. seems to be making the right calls and if he messes up doesnt waste 3 years trying to cover it up.

Jan Reimers
11-23-2010, 10:35 AM
i think we should try and pick up jerome clary, a nix pick, or clabo from atlanta for our rt...or we could take gabe carimi in rd 2...
First, we should determine whether Wrotto or Howard can develop into an NFL caliber RT. If not, we pick one up - but in no case do we use a 2nd rounder. We have far too many defensive needs.

Jaybird
11-23-2010, 10:42 AM
Can't hate on that move

trapezeus
11-23-2010, 10:58 AM
even if the line currently isn't the greatest run blocking line, they seem to be a lot better than the last 2 years.

i am pretty happy that we finally have some depth. It could get improvements, or it could stay the way it is and still be given a chance to win.

that's a huge improvement from last year. My 5'8 frame and 150lbs could have got past the line last year.

k-oneputt
11-23-2010, 11:00 AM
Oh really, like everyone here didn't already know the guy sucked when they brought him in.
It really amazes me some of the moves these gm/scout's make on so called talent.

psubills62
11-23-2010, 11:08 AM
I like that they're able to move on quickly, but I don't really appreciate that they made the moves to begin with. The only thing I can think is that Green was a desperation signing in a free agent class devoid of talent. Glad to see he's gone.

Mr. Miyagi
11-23-2010, 11:11 AM
Whatever happened to that Merrideth guy from the GB practice squad? Can he play RT?

psubills62
11-23-2010, 11:12 AM
Whatever happened to that Merrideth guy from the GB practice squad? Can he play RT?

They waived him to make room for Shawn Nelson weeks ago.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
11-23-2010, 11:49 AM
i like the way he is running the show. seems to be making the right calls and if he messes up doesnt waste 3 years trying to cover it up.

Buddy does really seem old school, he's a straight shooter, a no bs kind a guy. I love it, too bad we can't have people like him in politics.

Ed
11-23-2010, 01:02 PM
I like that they're able to move on quickly, but I don't really appreciate that they made the moves to begin with. The only thing I can think is that Green was a desperation signing in a free agent class devoid of talent. Glad to see he's gone.
I think it was some what of a desperation signing too. I think the early and unexpected retirement of Brad Butler kind of caught them off guard and created another hole where they didn't have a lot of good options. So they overpayed Green to make sure they got him and hoped for the best.

What about Ed Wang at RT? Is he injured right now, and does he have the talent or skill set to play the position? It's a little disturbing if we weren't able to get a single decent O-lineman out of last years draft.

Demon
11-23-2010, 02:27 PM
Oh really, like everyone here didn't already know the guy sucked when they brought him in.
It really amazes me some of the moves these gm/scout's make on so called talent.

Exactly. People are on the Nix bandwagon so much that they give him credit for making big mistakes! Too funny....

bigbub2352
11-23-2010, 02:54 PM
worst RT in the NFL i said it the day we signed him

couldnt believe we signed him in the first place good bye bum

X-Era
11-23-2010, 03:06 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/caplannfl/status/7105709393051648 (http://twitter.com/#%21/caplannfl/status/7105709393051648)

Looks like they're more than willing to move on from mistakes, can't fault that.Well, if you thought we might skip RT this off-season I think you just got your answer. Carimi, Hairston, Zeimba... lots of options.

Demon
11-23-2010, 03:06 PM
worst RT in the NFL i said it the day we signed him

couldnt believe we signed him in the first place good bye bum

Just more money thrown away for no reason. Nix is making the same mistakes as his previous guys, but people love that he's a straight shooter. LOL!

Our 2nd and 3rd round picks barley see the field and Spiller is very average at best, but Nix sure is a genius!

BILLSROCK1212
11-23-2010, 03:07 PM
This move makes me almost fall in love with Buddy...as a fan of course...really admitting your mistakes and doing what it takes to improve this team...now of course too many times of Buddy admitting his mistakes is not going to be good, but if it's for the sake of ultimately improving the team then i LOVE it

better days
11-23-2010, 04:00 PM
Just more money thrown away for no reason. Nix is making the same mistakes as his previous guys, but people love that he's a straight shooter. LOL!

Our 2nd and 3rd round picks barley see the field and Spiller is very average at best, but Nix sure is a genius!
Well, it was not a whole lot of money, & I think it was worth a shot myself. The difference between today & yesterday, is todays mistakes are rectified quickly, while in the past they were glossed over with no action taken.

tampabay25690
11-23-2010, 04:18 PM
Green was terrible..........Glad he is gone..

Demon
11-23-2010, 04:23 PM
Well, it was not a whole lot of money, & I think it was worth a shot myself. The difference between today & yesterday, is todays mistakes are rectified quickly, while in the past they were glossed over with no action taken.

I think the opposite. I don't care if they make the dude sit (Maybin) or announce that they made a mistake (Green) and let them go.... to me theres no difference. The difference will be, when they quit making the mistakes and do their god damn homework on these players. What these dudes are doing is the reason we're in the dumps the last 10 years. I don't care if he acts like a hard ass or not, i want him to prove to Bills fans that he knows what he's doing and judging from taking these flyers and NONE of them working out, makes me think they don't....

Our drafts the past 10 years have been pathetic. Everyone will agree. But the draft under Nix may have been the worst of them all. Too early to tell, but it's setting up that way.

X-Era
11-23-2010, 04:26 PM
I think the opposite. I don't care if they make the dude sit (Maybin) or announce that they made a mistake (Green) and let them go.... to me theres no difference. The difference will be, when they quit making the mistakes and do their god damn homework on these players. What these dudes are doing is the reason we're in the dumps the last 10 years. I don't care if he acts like a hard ass or not, i want him to prove to Bills fans that he knows what he's doing and judging from taking these flyers and NONE of them working out, makes me think they don't....

Our drafts the past 10 years have been pathetic. Everyone will agree. But the draft under Nix may have been the worst of them all. Too early to tell, but it's setting up that way.What if Nix simply wanted to give it a chance and didn't care about the money. Like if he simply said, I'll sign him and hope for the best, and if he fails, were just out some money.

I fully expect a draft pick on a RT... maybe even a FA signing.

Demon
11-23-2010, 04:32 PM
What if Nix simply wanted to give it a chance and didn't care about the money. Like if he simply said, I'll sign him and hope for the best, and if he fails, were just out some money.

I fully expect a draft pick on a RT... maybe even a FA signing.

And he said the same thing about Spiller, Trout and Carrington...?

Who cares about them too, right?

X-Era
11-23-2010, 04:35 PM
And he said the same thing about Spiller, Trout and Carrington...?

Who cares about them too, right?Was going to try to argue the point but your right. They must get significant upgrades of they are just treading water.

SABURZFAN
11-23-2010, 04:37 PM
Green might beat up his old lady for this.

better days
11-23-2010, 07:05 PM

Our drafts the past 10 years have been pathetic. Everyone will agree. But the draft under Nix may have been the worst of them all. Too early to tell, but it's setting up that way.

Maybin was not a mistake by this years staff. Nix as much as said he would never have drafted Maybin when he was hired (without actually naming him).

I will agree the last draft does not look all that great yet, but time will tell.