PDA

View Full Version : Stevie a mentor for Jones

justasportsfan
11-24-2010, 10:04 AM
Stevie Johnson is in just the third season of his NFL career and first as a starter. In addition to having a breakout season, Johnson has also demonstrated some leadership in mentoring rookie receiver Donald Jones as he has stepped into the team’s third receiver role.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/11/24/stevie-a-mentor-for-jones/

Donald Jones' rookie balancing act

When it came to blocking at the receiver position Jones was among the elite in the 2010 draft pool as Buffalo saw it. The three best blocking receivers in the eyes of the Bills were Marcus Easley, Donald Jones and DeMaryius Thomas.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Donald-Jones-rookie-balancing-act/ba45b1a9-6e95-4422-8af4-a76b9fb9834f

justasportsfan
11-24-2010, 10:10 AM
This is what I like about Fitz. He doesn't care whether it's Lee, Nelson, Parrish , Stevie or JOnes. He's spreading the ball. Trent was all Reed or rb.

“He’s had trust in me since camp, but when he sees me making plays in the game that can’t hurt,” said Jones of Ryan Fitzpatrick. “When we watch film of the game he looks at me and smiles and shakes his head and nods to me. So he has a lot of trust in me.”

psubills62
11-24-2010, 10:19 AM
Considering what people thought of Steve Johnson (the majority, that is) before the season, it's hard to believe he's in the position of mentoring a rookie like he is. Most seemed to think he was halfway out the door.

Have to be excited about the possibilities at WR next year. Everyone returns, and we get a healthy Easley back. Evans, Johnson, Jones, Parrish, Easley....and that's before the draft.

If we can manage to get a decent TE, a stud at LT, and a decent RT, we'll be in very good position to draft a franchise QB and let him go to work straightaway.

Goobylal
11-24-2010, 03:17 PM
Considering what people thought of Steve Johnson (the majority, that is) before the season, it's hard to believe he's in the position of mentoring a rookie like he is. Most seemed to think he was halfway out the door.

Have to be excited about the possibilities at WR next year. Everyone returns, and we get a healthy Easley back. Evans, Johnson, Jones, Parrish, Easley....and that's before the draft.

If we can manage to get a decent TE, a stud at LT, and a decent RT, we'll be in very good position to draft a franchise QB and let him go to work straightaway.
With Evans, Parrish, Johnson, Easley, Jones, and Nelson, I can't see them drafting a WR. Not when they need a TE and a RT (Bell is fine at LT).

TigerJ
11-24-2010, 03:22 PM
Donald Jones is almost a physical clone of Johnson. I he can develop the way Johnsonn has, the Bills will be able to strike fear in the hearts of opposing secondaries, then they can add Easley to the mix next year.

Beebe's Kid
11-24-2010, 05:16 PM
But, but, we don't have any talent, and Nix is a bufoon that couldn't gauge talent if it smacked him in the face.

I was a little skeptical of Jones, after the drops in the preseason, but he looked good last week.

McD
11-24-2010, 09:29 PM
Let's see what we look like AFTER the Pittsburgh game...

BertSquirtgum
11-24-2010, 09:54 PM

i don't foresee the bills drafting any receivers this year.

justasportsfan
11-25-2010, 08:02 AM
With Evans, Parrish, Johnson, Easley, Jones, and Nelson, I can't see them drafting a WR. Not when they need a TE and a RT (Bell is fine at LT).

I can see us trading our draft pick down if Green falls to us.